Help me with car problems: Loose clutch.

BraddH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So my car is Opel Vectra 1.8 bensilin from 2001. and just yesterday morning it was working fine. I noticed around day time that it didnt come up as normally as it would. It would come up like 2-3 second after I let my foot from the clutch. Then in the night it completely went loose, like literally has no pressure at all. I cant change gears with this clutch.

You can change gears without clutch too tough but it has its risks, but i would like to know what happened to this clutch tough?

I was reading on the internet and the most common thing i found as answers were: the oil leaked and need to do some king of bleeding. And second was clutch adjusting.

Thanks in advance for your help.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check the clutch fluid. Only costs like $12 to refill.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look for leaked fluid under the engine or on the ground where the car sat. A clutch has two cylinders, master and slave. Each one has fluid in it. There are seals to hold in the fluid, and they wear out over time. There is also a cable that can break, but usually that happens all at once.

I had a clutch go out in a Stealth as I was leaving Chicago, and I drove it four hours home with no clutch. Most of that was interstate highway, which was easy. Getting across town once I got home was harder.

If you need to drive it, with the engine off, put it in 1st. Then turn the key and you will lurch forward and go (assuming there is no safety feature on your Opel that prevents doing so.) Transmissions are synchronized to shift at a certain rpm level. If your rpms are right, it is easy to shift. If you miss a shift, and it won't go into any gear, turn the engine off before you cram into gear. I blew up a Nissan transmission a long time ago not knowing that all I had to do was shut the car off before I shifted.