Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help me lose the freshman-15

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So freshmen year is over and I've got a lot of things to remember it by, but two things I want to forget about dorm food and the freshman-15.

I kept trying to tell myself that I wasn't gonna let it happen, but it's hard trying to find time when you're spending an assload of time studying and proper eating habits are hard to maintain when there are "tastier" option.

But now I'm home and have better options on what to eat and when to eat etc. I have a job working 40 hour weeks so I actually am eating 3 meals a day, but I'd like to get it up to 6 small meals or something like that. I'm not really fat or anything, 150 at 5'9.5 but I just wanna lose fat and put on some muscle.

Last summer I was on a diet but it was incredibly unhealthy. I was borderline anorexic and lost weight very rapidly (about 20 lbs in 2 months) but I had surgery in the middle of the second month and lost about 5 lbs from that. This summer I wanna do it right.

So here's what I have going right now.

I'll eat breakfast at about 7: Usually a sausage bagel (IE a Bagel with a piece of sausage in it. MMM tasty)

Then I'll usually eat lunch at about 12: This consists of some leftovers, 2 string cheeses, a bag of chips, a low calorie jello (you know those 10 cal things), and fruit. Usually I have about 2 soda's. One at lunch and 1 at about 2.

Then for dinner at 630: This always varies. My parents are on south beach so it usually consists of some meat and a salad.

So I want advice on how to break that up into about 6 meals. What to add/take away would be appreciated. I'm gonna stop drinking sodas and switch to diet because I need the caffeine to get through the day. Also I drink 2 mugs of coffee in the morning and I ain't getting rid of that either.

So now we get to my workout routine:

I plan on running 2 miles everyday after work except on weekend.

I'll workout 4 days a week (wed and weekends off)

My workout routine is really good. I don't remember everything exactly because I keep a notebook with me when I go but I'll try to write down everything I remember. I do 3 sets of 8, 6, and 4 with increasing weight each time.
Mon: Back/Bi free weights
-Free curls
-Hammer Curls
-Lateral Pulldown
-Lateral Pulldown Back
-Preacher Curls
-Shrugs

Tues: Check/shoulder/Tricep free weights
-Free Bench press
-Free Incline Press
-Free Military
-Lateral Raises
-Tricep pulldown

Thurs: Back/Bi
-Curls
-Straight bar curls
-back pull
-and a couple other things

Fri: C/s/t
-Bench Press
-Military press
-Incline Press
-Iso-lat high row
-Iso-bench
-Lawn-mower pulls

I usually take a protein/creatine drink before and after I work out.

So if you have any suggestions, comments, I'd be glad to hear them. I plan on starting this starting next monday and I'll be making a log here.

Thanks guys,

--Vincent

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd probably do a lot better on a 2x's a week split.... maybe 3 but many will do good on 2 days a week.

You'll save a lot more time and make a lot more progress, then just do cardio about 4 times a week.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didnt look at your work out thats not my speciality, diet is, take advice from some one that went from overweight to athletic in a few months.

All you need to do is eat a low fat diet and get some excersize in. Does not need to be a huge amount of excersize, 2-3 hours of intense excersize a week would do. Try cycling or jogging.

Now you said you have 2 soda's and a packet of crisps each day.

I never eat either of those anymore its just sugar and empty calories, you dont need to start starving yourself just dont eat food high in fat and ro sugar (carbohydrate is fine and if you do a lot of excersize is vital)

I dont belive in the normal idea of cutting carbohydrates, any apparent 'expert' will recomend it but i did it my way and my wya lost 3 stones in 2 months with out cutting back on food.

Just cut back on fat and sugar and do 3 hours of good excersize a week and it will work. If you need to you can cut back a bit of food

I remember seeing some guy at school complaining how he was hardly eating but could still not loose weight, sure he was eating very little, but that little thta he ate was very high in fat.

People think you can just loose weight by not eating but unless you excersize you will have a hard time.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Little time so:

You want to lose weight, but you are wanting to up your cals? Doesn't work like that. Keep to 3 meals.

More cardio. Do it along with your weights.

Tricep excersizes? Where are your dips? The best tricep excersizes.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WesCottII
Little time so:
You want to lose weight, but you are wanting to up your cals? Doesn't work like that. Keep to 3 meals.
I heard it's better to eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones. I don't want to increase the callories.
I don't like dips, plus I think I have enough triceps (I don't have them all on that list)

All you need to do is eat a low fat diet and get some excersize in. Does not need to be a huge amount of excersize, 2-3 hours of intense excersize a week would do. Try cycling or jogging.

Now you said you have 2 soda's and a packet of crisps each day.

Just cut back on fat and sugar and do 3 hours of good excersize a week and it will work. If you need to you can cut back a bit of food

People think you can just loose weight by not eating but unless you excersize you will have a hard time.
I lost weight by eating less and hardly working out, but it wasn't healthy and I lost a lot of muscle mass.

As I said I was gonna switch from regular soda's to diet, and I'll probably cut back from regular chips to maybe baked lays because I think they taste good and are low in fat. The carbs are a problem but I think that low carb diets are a load of crap.

As I said I plan on starting to run 2 miles a day, 5 days a week.

You'd probably do a lot better on a 2x's a week split.... maybe 3 but many will do good on 2 days a week.

You'll save a lot more time and make a lot more progress, then just do cardio about 4 times a week.
What?

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wow when you started that last post of oyurs you sounded all well a bit of a wimp and when i checked it see who had writeen ti i couldnt belive it was you vincent!

6 meals (and eating more early instead of late) with increase your motabilism. But like i said before there is no need, just excersize and eat low fat food and you will be fine,

heres your 6 meals, breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, tea and as homer simpson said "whats the name of the meal between brekfast and brunch" :p

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
wow when you started that last post of oyurs you sounded all well a bit of a wimp and when i checked it see who had writeen ti i couldnt belive it was you vincent!
What do you mean?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not try drinking water instead of soda?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Eternal
Why not try drinking water instead of soda?
Well I need the caffeine at work but I do at home.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You dont NEED it. get a decent nights sleep and eat more fruits and veggies.

I never drink caffeine and i have more energy then 10 retards on speed.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look up information on insulin response, and the relation of high insulin levels to absorbtion of fat... in addition, look up information about how glucose gets converted and stored as fat.

That should help you out.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
You dont NEED it. get a decent nights sleep and eat more fruits and veggies.

I never drink caffeine and i have more energy then 10 retards on speed.
I get 8 hours of sleep each night and I can't function till after I drink coffee in the morning and in the afternoon I doze off and wander unles I have caffine. I've been addicted to it for years, so yes I need it :(

Don Corleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
heres a tip about your workout. Just have assigned muscle days. So instead of doing the same workouts for chest a certain day, just do different ones each week. make sense? so instead of every chest day doing the same lifts, mix it up. Let me tell you from experience that variety is the key to gaining strong, lean muscle.

The more variety in the lifts you do, the more part of the muscle you work out, therefore the stronger the muscle becomes.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd dump that entire meal plan you have and read industrys post which is under H&F in the DJ bible. Then work together a meal plan of your own. Don't be too hardcore with it. It's ok to eat somethin a little "unhealty" a day or you'll just binge and eat ****loads of it. My unhealthy food is 2 pieces of dark bread with butter a day

Also I'd suggest you get the big exercises in there, squats, deadlifts, SLDLs, bent over rows, power cleans, etc..

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bread with butter sounds like heaven when cutting:D

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WesCottII
Little time so:

Jesus, people like you should not be giving advice.

Ignore this please.

Whether you are bulking or ripping, 6-7 meals a day is best. It keeps your metobolism clicking over.

Just make sure you restrict your calories, and make sure they calories you are getting are clean calories. Lean protein, low GI carbs and wholegrains and some decent fats. Its that simple.