Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help me DJs. Is she a friend or does she want more?

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is my dilema. I made a post about this girl about a week ago but I'm going to start from scratch with more updated info. I am the type of guy who is completely oblivious to women and their feelings. I cannot help it, I just cannot decifer them unless they throw themselves on me so I REALLY need your help.

Here's the story. We're both 22, she went to college out of state and I had not seen her since freshman year of highschool (1 time after highschool). I hadnt talked to her in 2 years when I IM'd her out of the blue about 2 months ago while she was at school. Talked for a bit and did a little catch-up, I laid down a lot of C&F online (I'm great at C&F online because I get more time to think of something great to say). We hadnt mentioned meeting up when she came home from college when I sent her a recent picture of me (I look totally different than the last time she saw me, in a good way). She complimented me on how much different I looked and almost immediately afterwards she said that we should get together when she comes home.

I agree that we should meet and we exchange numbers and she tells me what day she will be moving back home (june 1st). Since she was the one that wanted to meet I thought I would give it a while before calling her. So I said to myself I would call her 2 weeks after she comes home but she ended up calling me after about 1 week. I wasnt home, we played a little phone tag and I get ahold of her a day or 2 later.

I tell her I am going to the mall that night to get a few things and that she should come along (I figure we are just hangin out as friends). When she first sees me she says "wow" in a surprised way and we greet with a hug. Once we get to the mall there are a few akward silence moments walking around so I suggest we hit the bar at one of the restaurants inside. After a few drinks we get some good conversations going, mostly talking about people we knew from highschool (2 of which were actually working in this restaurant at the time). I lay down some C&F and after about 2 hours at the bar we head home. We alread make plans for our next outing (another bar and a movie) and she takes down my email address. Emails me the next day saying she had fun, gives me her new MSN messenger name that she uses at work.

I call her a few days later and we make plans to go out the next day. When I pick her up WOW she looks amazing, she's wearing a 1 piece summer-type dress with a matching purse and flip flops. She is smoking. Wearing perfume this time also.

We hit a restaurant and sit at the bar and have a few drinks and an appetizer. Talked about all sorts of random things. She asks me if tatoos are ok on women and if so where can they be on her body (she doesnt have any but thinking of getting one). We spend about 90 minutes at the bar and I have no clue of course, as to whether we are out as friends or not. I completely forget to do any KINO but I am C&F as much as I can most of the night. We walk next door to the movie theatre and nothing good is playing within the next hour so we decide to go put-putting down the street instead. I let her drive my car because she convinces me she knows how to drive a 6-speed and she does it flawlessly.

We go put-putting, nothing spectacular happens, just more chit-chat. I start thinking to myself what the hell am I doing, maybe this WAS supposed to be a date and I havent done **** yet, I have barely touched her. At least the conversation was always well and we had basically no akward silence moments, I tried to stay C&F as much as possible.

We're driving home and she gets a call on her phone from a guy friend of hers (he's a friend from highschool and he's engaged, not a threat) and he invites her to a party he's at. So instead of driving her home she asks if I want to go with her and I say yes. We get there and there's like 6 guys and 1 girl playing beer pong. Not exactly a party, we look at each other like "oooooook...." we play a round of pong on the same team and leave because she has work in the morning. We are really really buzzed by the way, almost unable to drive only almost, another couple beers and I would not have driven. So anways I drop her off, and we are still having good conversation. I tell her I'll call her and she's like "alright!" and highfives me as she's shutting the door (lol?). She's pretty buzzed if I havent mentioned already.

So when I get home those past few beers really hit me and I'm slighting drunk. I realize what a god damn fool I was for not doing KINO or trying to kiss her. I email her and tell her I had fun, told her that she looked great and that I'll call her. That was tuesday and now it's friday, I didnt get a reply on my email but then again she doesnt go online at home and might not have gotten a change to see it at work. I didnt call her yet either.

We had talked about getting together again and watching a movie together (her house or mine) and having some drinks, but never made official plans, just mentioned it when we were talking about DVDs that we had bought recently.

The more I think about her the more I want to pursue a relationship with her but I have absolutely no idea what to say to her if I call her. I do not know how to KINO as I've never done it knowingly, only read about it. I have very little dating experience. At this point I am not worried about ruining a friendship with her because I think the risk of going for her outways it.

So I just need to know what the best way to go about calling her would be, how long I should wait, what I should say to her when I call her or what sort of message I would leave on her voice mail. Or should I wait and talk to her online monday when she's at work, granted she actually logs in? I need some serious help. Even a walk-through on what to say and do would be great!

Thanks alot!

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump before work. I know it's long, but I gotta get some advice!

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol @ the high five.

One question - are u the same drex as on UP and RM?

about your sh1t.

Click my first link in my sig and read it so the next time - u won't mess up again. The only thing I can suggest u to do is

Call her up - N ask her out, not 'hang'N out'. Even a movie or coffee is ok, but just make sure u say "Not as friends".

ie: "Let's go see Bruce Almighty, not as friends"

Then shut up. U will know from her responce.

As for is she a friend or not? Don't even bother try'N to find out. That'll just confuse you N mezmorize u for nothing. All I can say is that a high five is ... well...

:D
GHOST

Starwind

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not one of the "Masters," in fact I'm only replying because you've only gotten one other one, so I guess it's better than nothing... :D

Being a third-party, from what I could see it looks you acted as though she was your sister. If you never touched her once, she probably got the idea that you are not interested romantically--you absolutely must have at least grazed her shoulder or something. Touch is key, I think.

When she came to see you and wore perfume, it probably meant she expected a little more out of the meeting. Especially if she wore enough for you to notice, it was a sign that she wanted you to make a move; girls rarely ever make that first romantic move, it's up to the guy--I've learned this the hard way. :eek: If you don't, she will eventually lose interest or find another guy to take your place.

About when to call... whenever, I'd say you could call her today if you wanted to, but the DJs here absolutely swear against calling on a Friday or a weekend (the premise being that you have an uber-active social life and could not possibly find the time during your busy schedule to make a phone call; though I do think calling on a Friday or Saturday night would be lame...). I personally find very little wrong with it, but I guess you could wait until Monday. But make that call and meet her again.

What you do on this meeting's up to you, but make sure you:

1--Kino,
2--Kino,
3--Look and smell good,
4--Kino,
5--Go for a kiss towards the end, and
6--Kino some more.

That's about all I can think of. If someone else wants to chime in and correct me, be my guest. Anyway, good luck!

hitop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We're driving home and she gets a call on her phone from a guy friend of hers (he's a friend from highschool and he's engaged, not a threat) and he invites her to a party he's at.

Hmmm...

I'm always alittle leary on that ole BS routine. But it looks like to me that you are having classic one-itis. She's just a girl you met, don't try to force maybe what's not there yet, or, may not ever be there. With women you have far less a tolerance for screwing up on first date. That's where women are completely different from men in that regard. Yes, you didn't use KINO to your advantage nor did you Kiss-Close. It didn't have to a wet and sloppy stick your tongue down her throat kiss, just a nice and simple kiss on her lips.

1. lay back awhile and regain your composure
2. maybe give her one more call and use your gut as to what she wants, not want you hope to get out of it
3. review basic DJ methods and philosophies on one-itis and putting any girl on pedastal

Example: Oh my God! She's the one! I know it, she is sooo perfect, we're soulmates. If I don't have her life will never be the same.

All this after one date? Come on man. Be a man.

Good luck

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hitop
We're driving home and she gets a call on her phone from a guy friend of hers (he's a friend from highschool and he's engaged, not a threat) and he invites her to a party he's at.

Hmmm...

I'm always alittle leary on that ole BS routine.
Trust me, the guy that called her has been with the same girl for 6 years, they are madly in love. I'm 100% positive that he is no threat what-so-ever, I knew the guy in highschool as well.

Dee-zy - I'm not that Drex, dunno what forums those are. I get what you are saying but what do others think about that line "but not as friends" ? Isnt that a little too straight forward or is straight forward exactly what I need at this point? IF she is interested romantically then I am sure she would think I was not interested in her at this point and I dont blame her. Just want to know what the other DJ's think of that line.

Starwind - Ok I didnt NOT touch her at all during the night, I did touch her a few times but I didnt make a concious effort to KINO her. Dumb move. I like your advice though.

hitop - I think you are exaggerating the one-itis on my part. Yea it might be a SLIGHT one-itis but it's not that bad lol. I will definately gather my composure before calling her back. I definately want a lot more feedback here before I call her. I'd also like some more advice on what to say because I feel like my next phone call to her will make or break the situation.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The important thing here is you.

Do you agree?

So the most important thing here is YOU not being confused. Therefore YOU asking NOT AS FRIENDS (Don't say but) will clear it out. Otherwise you will keep on guess'N and guess'N. This way, you're get'N it out of the way. get it? Plus it doesn't matter what she's thinking. If she asks were u interested before - just tell her the truth or tease her ;)

As for be'N direct/straightfoward THAT'S what you want. Girls are the best for take'N the long way and throw'N curve balls. We don't want any mind games - so u ask right away. Take her out and add NOT AS FRIENDS. It takes guts but that's what seperates the boys from the men.

Jake Steed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drex, you need to relax, dude.

All the signs point to yes, she likes you. She dressed up real nice to go on a definite date with you. She was open about herself during the convo. She asked about your opinions on the tattoo thing. That was actually an important question coming from her and an SOI (statement of interest) on her part. Not only did she want your opinion but she wanted your opinion on a dating/sexual related question. Tattoos are a very intimate thing and she wanted to know YOUR opinion on them.

I must say you need to be slapped for not making out with her that night. After that, she went home confused and dissappointed. She was asking herself, WTF is up with this guy?? You can bet when you hide your sexuality like that, you will turn a girl off really fast. You need to assert yourself very soon with her and you need to get some tongue-down action.

"The more I think about her the more I want to pursue a relationship with her"--Drex

This attitude is going to kill you before you even get started with her. You should NOT be thinking about having a goddamn relationship with her. You haven't even kissed her yet. You need to get out there and be dating at least two more girls so you can keep a clear head regarding this one. Date her first, **** her first, THEN if you still like her you CONSIDER her for a relationship. The word relationship shouldn't come out of your mouth until you've come in hers.

Jake

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jake Steed
The word relationship shouldn't come out of your mouth until you've come in hers.

Jake
lol. That line should be etched in gold. Thanks for pickin me apart there, I didnt realize what I was thinking.

Great info there. What should I do though? What should I say to her? Has she lost interest in me or is she asking herself why I dont like her? Or both...

Also you need to understand here. I hate admitting this but I'm still a virgin and I've BARELY even kissed a girl before. I used to be a scrawny kid with no self confidence and I've bulked up a LOT and I look totally different, yet I still do not have the confidence because I dont have the experience with women. I may be 22 but I have the dating experience of a 15 year old. This is why I am so oblivious and this is why I am asking for some specific advice on what to say and what to do. I can lay down the C&F and act like I am confident but deep down inside I still do not know WTF is going on.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump. Still have questions to be answerred :(

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drex...what happened with that girl in the cafe? Did you ever grow some balls and get her number?

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her up and ask her out. Don't say that "not as friends" line that Deezy suggested....that puts the ball in her court. You've been a bit AFC on that first date so now you need to step up the kino and stuff on the second date so she sees you as a challenge. She's going to start thinking you don't like her if you don't make the moves on this next date. Go out to a club and dance if that makes things easier because then you'll easily be able to touch her. Whatever you do, kino, kino, kino, kiss!

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dave134
Drex...what happened with that girl in the cafe? Did you ever grow some balls and get her number?
No I did what the majority of the DJs said and forgot about her. Surprised you rememberred that was me though!

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her up and ask her out. Don't say that "not as friends" line that Deezy suggested....that puts the ball in her court. You've been a bit AFC on that first date so now you need to step up the kino and stuff on the second date so she sees you as a challenge. She's going to start thinking you don't like her if you don't make the moves on this next date. Go out to a club and dance if that makes things easier because then you'll easily be able to touch her. Whatever you do, kino, kino, kino, kiss!
The thing is. I think she already thinks that I dont like her. If I just call her up again with plans for a "date" she is going to think it's the same thing as the last 2 times we went out. She'll think I just want to go out as friends again. What if she thinks that, and decides against going out again since she thinks I have no interest...Maybe I need to let her know that there is interest in real dating. I think that whole high-five thing at the end of our last "outing" was her way of saying "well I guess you are not interested in me so here's a friendly high-five!"

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drex
The thing is. I think she already thinks that I dont like her. If I just call her up again with plans for a "date" she is going to think it's the same thing as the last 2 times we went out. She'll think I just want to go out as friends again. What if she thinks that, and decides against going out again since she thinks I have no interest...Maybe I need to let her know that there is interest in real dating. I think that whole high-five thing at the end of our last "outing" was her way of saying "well I guess you are not interested in me so here's a friendly high-five!"
Is there any chance you can see her without calling her, like do you run into each other? If you can, then give her a hug when you see her and hold on for one extra second. When you hold for an extra second, it is clearly apparent, but she isn't going to say nothing about it. It sends a message.

If you can't see her without calling, then call her up and joke with her. Say something like "hey sexy"...but do it casually and jokingly, you want her to laugh. Talk about sex if it's not too weird...ask her about any guys she might like. Just get her thinking about that stuff. Then ask her out. All you really gotta do is get her to go out with you and then do the kino work. It doesn't matter if she thinks it's just as friends because you can quickly smash that notion when you see her.

The one thing you need to remember is that the worst thing you can do is nothing and then regret and ask "what if??"...If you don't take action, that's AFC, plain and simple, and you're not getting anything out of this site. Keep me updated...I'm very interested since you seem like a shy guy much like myself.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any chance you can see her without calling her, like do you run into each other? If you can, then give her a hug when you see her and hold on for one extra second. When you hold for an extra second, it is clearly apparent, but she isn't going to say nothing about it. It sends a message.
Well, she lives about 3 minutes away by car but there really is no chance of bumping into her without calling because we live in a small town so you have to leave town to do anything.

And yea I am really shy around women that I am interested in but not in a way that I cannot talk to them. Just shy meaning I dont know how to express my feelings of interest. Other than that I am not shy. I am a bartender so I'm used to talking to anyone.

Dave I am really dreading having to call her and just say "hey lets hang out" again like I have the past 2 times. I think she will be frustrated because of my lack of interest the last time we went out and might make an excuse not to go out. I feel like I need to let her know somehow that the next time we go out it will be a real date. Also I dont want to have a conversation over the phone about sex, guys etc. I HATE talking on the phone.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her up and ask her out. Don't say that "not as friends" line that Deezy suggested....that puts the ball in her court.
Also. Isnt the ball in her court next time I call her and ask her out whether I say "lets go out" or "lets go out, not as friends". Either way it's her decision whether she accepts or not, at least one way she knows that I am interested.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*edit* Double Post

Last edited:

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump before work. I need more feedback on what to say when I call her because I want to call her tomorrow!

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drex
Also. Isnt the ball in her court next time I call her and ask her out whether I say "lets go out" or "lets go out, not as friends". Either way it's her decision whether she accepts or not, at least one way she knows that I am interested.
Take it or leave it - it has NOTHING to do with the ball is in who's court.

You're wasting your time - I have been on this board for 3 years, I know what I'm talk'N about. If u don't wanna listen then I won't bother with you anymore.

The truth is - it's not because the ball is in her court or not, it's because none of u has the balls to be direct with a girl because you are afraid of confrontation with a 5'6" 105 lbs thing with ass, boobs and p#ssy.

This type of AFC behavior pisses me off - blast me for it whatever, if u are not take'N my advice - I won't bother pay attention no more.

GHOST