Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help! I've never exercised!

d4nk

Reaction score
Ok well maybe I haven't but not for the purpose of exercising, basically the only time I exercised was when I had to in PE.

I could really use some help getting into shape, I'm not a complete lard ass but I recently noticed I'm starting to get man boobs and that is unacceptable!

Firstly I'm 19, 6'0" and I weird about 225lbs and I've got a gut and little man boobs. I have started eating healthier in the past few months but I need to throw in exercise with that to do what I want to change.

Any help you guys could give as far as exercises I can do at home would be awesome until I can get a membership at the gym. I'm looking to work on my upper body and abs of course, and I don't even know where to begin other than sit ups and push ups (which I can't seem to do very well)

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Firstly, at that height and weight, I wouldnt worry about weights too much. Sure, keep up the strength exercises like push ups etc. Your focus at the moment should be cardio cardio cardio! Do some boxing, running, skipping, sex...

Give a little more info as well, what are your goals? What physique are you after?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why can't you get a membership now?

Yes and he should worry about strength training so he doesn't lose half of the weight in muscle when he cut.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me just covert that. 225lbs......16 stone.

Cardio is your big first. Seeing as you arn't at a gym, there's a number of things you can do.

Jogging round the streets.
Skipping till you are standing in puddles of sweat.

Press-ups, situps are pretty much usless till you lose your stomach fat. Tri-dips. pull ups.

Drink loads of water. eat healthier.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should do strength training with your cardio, if only to burn more calories.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
And for christ's sake, work your legs too!

d4nk

Reaction score
Alright, the physique I'm after is a toned look, I would like to get rid of my "love handles" and my buddha belly.
To make sure I've gotten your responses clear so far, I should start with cardio, now do you mean High intensity cardio for a short amount of time or a lower level of cardio for a longer amount of time?

I've also been working on a work out schedule and it goes;
Sunday | Monday Tuesday | Wed |Thursday
Cardio, | Upper body, Cardio, | lower body, |Cardio,
stretching | Full body strength training | (don't know) |stretching

Friday | Sat
Upper body str training, | Full str training and cardio

(ideas?)

I can't get a membership at a gym without cash of course! Money is kind of tight after some jerk ass decided to do a hit and run on my parked car and I need to get it fixed which is costing me nearly all of my extra money for the next 2 months :\.

As far as goals I really want to boost my confidence. I'm getting really sick of being the shy guy.

d4nk

Reaction score
Day 1

Ok well I found out in a very fun way that this is not going to be easy, after only 8 minutes of varying high-low intensity cardio I'm sweating my ass of and my throat burns like hell. But that will not get me down, I'm going to keep at it. If anyone could help me with some more cardio ideas besides running/jogging that would be awesome I would like vary my cardio workouts everyday.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
When your jogging wear as much clothing as you possibly can that will still allow you to jog. Make is so it feels like your running around wearing a miniature sauna with a hole in the bottom for your legs.
Good luck

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: ... People, it helps to read :). My point was, dont focus on the weights too much with an emphasis on muscle gain initially. Moreso maintenance.

And if you're gonna wear half a shop of clothing as suggested above, for the love of god replace the fluids during/after.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People who are really serious about sorting their weight out don't need an expensive Gym.

Get jogging pants and some quality support trainers and away you go. Get your training advice from pros in forums focussed on fitness.

Aim for a pace where you can just maintain a conversation.

The thing about jogging/running is it's very time efficient in terms of calories burnt, you just fall out the front door and away you go.

Some people detest running, but I would give it a go because quite often it grows on you. I started like this and eventually became a competitive tri-athlete.

You can mix it up with cycling and swimming and get into WT once you've settled. All will help you from going stale and help prevent injury.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt waste money joining a gym, you can reach your goal without a gym and save your money:

*go jogging daily
*watch what you eat, no junk food, no sodas, no sweets, etc
*do push ups in sets of 20 or more until you can do at least 100 really fast
*sit ups will tone the muscle but only diet and cardio with get rid of the fat.

running, push ups, sit ups, good nutrituion, will get you back in shape within 6 months to a year.

you dont need to waste your money joining a gym to do those simple exersizes.