Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help: Any advice on getting 8 pack abs??

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
I already have a six pack and its boring me. What types of exercises would work my lower ab region to give it a more defined look??

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting really well defined abs is mostly a function of body composition. You have to be lean and not hold a lot of water to be shredded around the midsection.

Other than that, exercises to mess around w/ lower abs include: hanging leg raises... and basically anything else where you're sitting on your butt or hanging and pulling your feet close to your body.

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing genetics

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know for a fact my brother had an 8 pack -- I've seen it. However he's quite skinny-fat right now. The funny thing is he's the exact same mass which means his muscles have atrophied while gaining body fat.

I sometimes wonder whether he can get an 8 pack again by gaining muscle mass while losing body fat.

I know that 8 pack abs are a genetic thing. Meaning that I, who have not had 8 pack abs despite being at 8.7% BF at some point, probably can't get it.

Here's a question though: am I wrong? If I somehow managed to get below 8.7% BF would I start to 'show' my bottom two abdominals?

Generally you can strengthen your abs by doing dragonflags.

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to say its not obtainable man. Trust me I've tried. None the less if you want your abs to be clearly visible its as much about diet as it is exercise, perhaps more so. But 8 packs are only accessible for the geneticly gifted

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Abs are made in the kitchen,I'd say only 20-40% of abs come from the gym. The '8-pack' you are referring to is not consisting of an extra set of abs near the bottom of the abdominal region,rather 2 tiny abs located along the top of the normal '6-pack' top two.

The key to nice abs are a perfectly flat stomach,not huge muscles. They are smalls tiny muscles so I would recommend not pushing them too hard during the week but rather focus on form with them.

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
But 8 packs are only accessible for the geneticly gifted
Amazing genetics
I am what you would term 'genetically gifted', so its not that. Infact you can see the outlining of the last two, but there is just too much fat down there and its covering them up. All I need is the right exercise to shred that fat and then, boom 8 pack party central lol. Thanks for the help :) So hanging leg raises are the best for this type of thing?

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt101 said:
Abs are made in the kitchen,I'd say only 20-40% of abs come from the gym. The '8-pack' you are referring to is not consisting of an extra set of abs near the bottom of the abdominal region,rather 2 tiny abs located along the top of the normal '6-pack' top two.
I think I already have the 'top two' that you are refering to. Perhaps I will post a picture or two of myself to help you guys decide wheither or not I can get this.

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are three.

(Me and my friend/training partner)

So 8 pack or no?

Last edited:

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you need to learn to control your stomach and bloating. You'd have a phenomenal physique for your age if you can keep your stomach flat.

(your biceps are too big for your frame,learn to develop your triceps for more proportionality)

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt101 said:
Dude you need to learn to control your stomach and bloating. You'd have a phenomenal physique for your age if you can keep your stomach flat.
:crackup: In the first picture I had just gotten done eating alot, thats where the bloatedness came from. And thanks, but what about that 8 pack?

(your biceps are too big for your frame,learn to develop your triceps for more proportionality)
Yeah I was going to do some tricep dips/pushups anyway. I like bodyweight exercises.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd actually say that it's 90% Kitchen and 10% gym. Back when I wasn't even working out in high school I had a visible six pack, because I was very physically active.

Reaction score
Lol, dude what the hell is wrong with the way you look?? I would say you already got an 8-pack.

Just keep working out and doing what you are doing to keep the physique. Hell, I'm trying to look like you!!

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Message Boy said:
Lol, dude what the hell is wrong with the way you look?? I would say you already got an 8-pack.
Nothing is 'wrong' with how I look, I just want to look better. I will get no women looking how I do now (I need plastic sugery for my face) and No I dont have an 8 pack.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude you look fine, consider that you aren't ugly and that you just have Low Self Esteem instead.

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Dude you look fine, consider that you aren't ugly and that you just have Low Self Esteem instead.
Haha I was joking about that 'not getting women', 'plastic sugery' part :) and I do not have low self esteem :D

jocca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, funny thing is were actually very similair. Here are a number of routines I've been testing out lately that I think are pretty good for all around ab building.

4x
100 normal situps
75 bicycle situps
35 scizzor situps
25 leg raises
2mins, 1:30, 1 min breaks

200 bicyle situps
400 normal situps
150 leg raises
200 twister situps

150xScizors
200xBicycle folds
150xWeighted twists
3x5minsBridges

100xWeighted leg raises
150Crunches
200xUpper body weighted situps
100xElbow to knee snaps

Other than that there is a program called shaolin abs in an Ebook you can find somewhere on the net for free and keep focusing on eating well and up the cardio a bit more. Good luck.

Reaction score
Hidden Hand, screw that, how about you TELL ME how to get my physique to where you are right now??

**** lol, I've been upping my cardio because for the longest all I had was a four pack and the bottom part is flatten out, but I doubt my genes will allow me to ever look the way you loook right now.

Did somebody say this guy looked bloated? Lol, if that's bloated I'll take it anyday of the week.

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
jocca said:
Hey man, funny thing is were actually very similair. Here are a number of routines I've been testing out lately that I think are pretty good for all around ab building.

4x
100 normal situps
75 bicycle situps
35 scizzor situps
25 leg raises
2mins, 1:30, 1 min breaks

200 bicyle situps
400 normal situps
150 leg raises
200 twister situps

150xScizors
200xBicycle folds
150xWeighted twists
3x5minsBridges

100xWeighted leg raises
150Crunches
200xUpper body weighted situps
100xElbow to knee snaps

Other than that there is a program called shaolin abs in an Ebook you can find somewhere on the net for free and keep focusing on eating well and up the cardio a bit more. Good luck.
I've never heard of some of those exercises but those bicycle crunches kill..I'll research the other ones and do them, thanks :)

Hidden-Hand

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Message Boy said:
Hidden Hand, screw that, how about you TELL ME how to get my physique to where you are right now??

**** lol, I've been upping my cardio because for the longest all I had was a four pack and the bottom part is flatten out, but I doubt my genes will allow me to ever look the way you loook right now.

Did somebody say this guy looked bloated? Lol, if that's bloated I'll take it anyday of the week.
Thanks for the compliments. And I'm alot of things, but a fitness guru I am not...still uhh to get my 'physique' you have to work out hard, rest and hope that your genetics are awesome. :D