Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help a fellow DJ's aspirations become possible!

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is 12:45 a.m. at the moment. I am overwhelmed with sleepiness, thus I will keep this brief.

I need to improve my grades, increase my knowledge -- to be the best that I can be.

I lack disipline. Should I play video games or shouldn't I? Should I rather focus on studying and reading -- shunning video games?

This desire to play video games is a want. So I succumb to the desire. Or DO what I MUST do?

What schedule should I follow? etc, etc.

My aspiration is to become a lawyer. That being said, I must improve my writing/reading.

- Should I drop video gaming all together replacing it with reading
- The other questions are stated above*

*Note: Take the liberty of adding your own advice.

P.S. I am sincerly hoping that you can help me conquer my dilemma, enabling me to have a good night's rest; with this heavy burden off my chest.

defiancy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what you just said is so similar to mine except i want to become a medical doctor

anyways do what u like to do, but something like video games taht we both enjoy should be cut back a bit

motivate urself and look ahead

in the end most of us regret not doing something such as working harder until it is too late to fix that (probably being lazy as a freshman and regretting that laziness at senior year)

well thats it for what i have to say

Reaction score
You foolish bastard, I have the solution - become a lawyer in the video game industry!!!:rolleyes:

The Rev

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an issue I've been dealing with myself.

The problem with me is not a lack of discipline per se, but more the fact that I have so many interests and things I want to do that I can't focus hard on one or two things...like I feel that I'm missing out on other great things in life. So as a result, I don't get far in one or two disciplines but have proficiency in many (jack of all trades, master of none).

When I figure out the answer, I'll let you know. My hunch is it's all about prioritizing and making sacrifices. You might have to let go of the video games, or cut them back significantly.

The question you have to ask yourself is: When I get something, what do I have to lose? And we need to be content with the answer we discover.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I play video games I feel as if I am killing my precious time. Or if not while I am playing -- I realize that after. I say to myself: Kyle, you could have at LEAST read, rather than play this game...

This is why I consistantly uninstall it. The next day I lose that mentality and reinstall -- its a cycle.

I am at the point in which it is uninstalled, but I want to install and play. I am fighting it.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fun versus Must

The important choice is the simpliest. Making the change, on the other hand, is a battle. A battle I am preparing for.

PYROTAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
bah im growing outta video games...

as i get older they just seem like a bigger and bigger waste of time, i have better things to do like learn things :D

now the problem is learning the things i have to learn for school :D

Reaction score
In my honest opinion, there's nothing wrong with games as a hobby. Just keep them in their proper place.

However, the fact that you feel so bad about it, and that you cycle between uninstalling them and reinstalling them tells me its a problem for you on at least one level.

I say you unplug the games for 6 months. Then after that decide how much/little you wanna play on them for.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have reached my decision. When I get back from the gym I will make a thread dedicated to it.

I will include the link. Expect it around: 8-9pm

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to "The Mature Man" sub-section of this forum. The thead title is akin to this one.

Mr.Hitchcock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fitch
It is 12:45 a.m. at the moment. I am overwhelmed with sleepiness, thus I will keep this brief.

I need to improve my grades, increase my knowledge -- to be the best that I can be.

I lack disipline. Should I play video games or shouldn't I? Should I rather focus on studying and reading -- shunning video games?

This desire to play video games is a want. So I succumb to the desire. Or DO what I MUST do?

What schedule should I follow? etc, etc.

My aspiration is to become a lawyer. That being said, I must improve my writing/reading.

- Should I drop video gaming all together replacing it with reading
- The other questions are stated above*

*Note: Take the liberty of adding your own advice.

P.S. I am sincerly hoping that you can help me conquer my dilemma, enabling me to have a good night's rest; with this heavy burden off my chest.
dude, this has been my problem for the longest time. maybe you have ADHD as I do. only recently did I realise that i should do the work first. but, realistically, that will never happen. what i do is at the top of the hour for 15 minutes i talk on im or do whatever, then for the rest of the hour i do my studying. it works pretty well.

what really got me off my ass is i procrastinated and slacked SO much. more than you i can safely say. at school i had 15 missing assignments and hadn't taken a test. the 3 d's kinda put my ass in gear. now there all at c's and b's and working upwards.

Mr.Hitchcock

Reaction score
Originally posted by PYROTAK
bah im growing outta video games...

as i get older they just seem like a bigger and bigger waste of time, i have better things to do like learn things :D

now the problem is learning the things i have to learn for school :D

yea. that helps too. i suppose if what i said before didn't help, do what i do. on the weekends, play one videogame, only one, until you get so tired of it, and all videogames will not be appealing for quite a while. it's lasted over 2 weeks now