Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help!! 6'2 and 119 lbs

Smooth Player 056

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys i need help im 6 foot 2 and 119 pounds. Its been so hard for me to gain weight, I have skinny bones for some reason. If you were in my shoes what would you do. Any tips and suggestins would be helpfull.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on how old i was. If i was 15-16 I would go on a freaky diet, set up my own gym and not leave the house until my arms were 16"-18". Now if I was in my 20s :eek: 3 year training plan with dbols and a brilliant diet.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I have very thin bones/frame by nature but the same advice that applies to all hardgainers applies to you.......eat LOTS of protien and carbs and lift heavy. There's no other way

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
Depends on how old i was. If i was 15-16 I would go on a freaky diet, set up my own gym and not leave the house until my arms were 16"-18". Now if I was in my 20s :eek: 3 year training plan with dbols and a brilliant diet.
Food is still a better anabolic!

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I don't use gear, but if I was in my 20s and that skinny I would along with a gd diet. luckily I started training when I was 16 (well under 100lbs in weight).

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I take it back, DONT DO DRUGS!

slack

Don Juan
Reaction score
A couple years ago I was around 6', 120 lbs, so I've been there. I read about weight gain and improved my eating habits. Within the past few months I've tried to adopt better habits.

Make sure you read all the stickies on here. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but the biggest problem I had was irregular, poor eating habits and misconceptions about weight gain. Fix your sleep schedule and eat regularly. If you're new to nutrition and fitness, make sure you read varied sources of information and be very skeptical of anything.

Most skinny guys like you or I tend to think we eat more than we do until we actually begin to count the calories, protein, carbs, fat, etc that we get every day. Be aware of what you need and what you're actually getting. Only part of it is genetics. The part that you can change is eating properly. And working out out of course.

Good luck!

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're skinny you've got an advantage in that your metabolism will help keep you lean on your muscle-building quest; use this!

Otherwise, just eat. Don't consider using steroids until you're about 100lbs heavier and are sure you can't progress any further without chemical assistance. :p

Seriously though, food is what's going to make you bigger. You don't need to do much to grow, just impose a demand on your body to do so - then just give it the raw materials to build the muscle.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with calorie-counting though. Protein counting is as far as I'd go; there's so many factors and variables in overall calorific intake calculation that it'll drive you crazy - and how do you know you're not burning more calories one day than the other?

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat a **** load of clean protein.... IE: Chicken breast, Fish, Venessin (Deer Meat), etc.... You probably dont really have to worry about fat and carbs so much since your skinny as hell.

Food and the gym should be your friend.

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
www.skinnyguy.net

That site has all the information you need. But essentially what you need to do is:

1. Weight Train (Lift HEAVY)
2. Eat More Calories (good calories)
3. Eat more Protein
4. Eat more often ( 6 meals /day)
5. Eat More Fat (Non saturated)
6. Drink More Water
7. Take a Multi-Vitamin
8. Taek Antioxidants
9. Rest More often (V. important)
10. Be consistent

Creatine, Whey Protein, and Protein suppliments can help speed up the process.

FORMER MARINE

Reaction score
Well to bulk up you have to ask yourself a few questions?

How old are you?
Do you have any hobby's that are aerobic in nature? example: Running, biking?
Do you lift weights anaerobic workouts?
If so how long are your workouts and what is the frequency?
How many times a day do you eat?
What times of the day do you eat?
What foods do you eat mainly?

The reason I ask is I was once in the same boat 6'2 and 125 pounds. I was real frustrating to say the least. Matter in fact that was one of the reason I went into the Marines. In bootcamp (12 weeks I went from 125 to 163 lbs. That was 15 years ago and today I weigh 190 lbs. It's the opposite now I now have to eat less to maintain my weight. You have been gifted with a fast metabolism which is a good thing. You just need to adjust your lifestyle a bit to start gaining weight.

If you want to put on weight you need to first up your calorie intake to say 3000-3500 calories a day.
Second cut back on the aerobic exercise.
Third eat fewer meals a day. Suggest 3 versus 6 and eat supper two hours before bed.
Fourth eat high carb foods: Baked Potatoes, Rice, Pasta, Bread, Waffles,
Eat high glycimic idex foods: Bananas, watermelon, canned apricots, fruit ****tail.
Eat less fiber....
Fifth weight lifting, keep the weights heavy and the reps around 8-10 no more than 3 sets.
Sixth the secret weapon is to wake up about 2:30 in the morning from bed and drink a carb/protein loaded shake.

This should start you on your way onto gaining weight.. ...http://www.sosuave.net/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif
Talking