Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hello let me re-introduce myself. (And begin a new approach journal)

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello DJs,

My name is Rudie. I came to this site about 6 years when I determined that there were holes in my game preventing me from getting back with an ex that I had dumped. Since then, albeit I've been in a triplet of long term relationships, I have been with more women, been more succesful in my approaches, and had a much higher self-confidance than in the years before.

I am now a professional writer. I don't write about picking up women or about a constant party lifestyle or about anything along the subject. However, I will here, because there are still holes in my game that others my help me fix, and strengths in my game that may help others patch their own holes. The more you talk, the more you learn. Who knows what's to come of this, at the very least it will just be another approach journal.

I am recently removed from my latest LTR. My girl graduated college and moved home, the other side of the country. The split wasn't ugly or emotional, in fact it was pretty clean and we are still sociable when we can be.

(Continued below because I just thumbtapped the post key with my laptop heh)

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
So now, removed from a live-in girlfriend, I am out on the game again. I have a wingman, who could use some improvement in his own game, but his lack thereof I find actually boosts my game, and I'll talk about why below.

I'm in my mid 20s, I have an overbite and bad posture, but I have personality and style to make up. We should all have personality. As for style, I change up a bit depending on where I am going. For example, when my band plays, I want to attract woman into our kind of music, when I am out with career-minded friends or in a more mature atmosphere, my style is much tamer, ironed out, and tucked in. I'm somewhat overweight (but muscly), but have found this to be an advantage over 6 years ago when I was scrawny, even though I had more muscle definition then, because I am shorter than most of my friends, and on first impression the size-difference is offset in a woman's eyes when she sees I am of similar mass to the men or man I associate with. I am very open about taboo subjects, easily excited, and quickly draw attention to myself.

My wingman, Roger, is a tall, chiseled adonis of a man. His game is rather weak, he has low self-confidence, but he is exactly what woman look for physically. He is also the guitarist in my band. He smiles on cue (when I tell a joke) dresses fashionably, keeps woman interested, and his looks attract the shallower woman in a group while my flare attracts a different one. This seems to work because we never go for the same girl at the same time, and when we've both attracted the same girl, we've slept with her at different times. In fact, I think that if his game was any better, I wouldn't be able to use him as a wingman, because he'd be taking my sets along with the ones he naturally acquires.

So I'll start this approach journal on my abbreviated saturday night. Friday I got a bit too drunk to really remember all the details, and getting wasted is no good for your game anyway.

Roger and I stroll into one of the more happening bars downtown from where our band practices. We're dressed like we would have been if we had just played a show. Black band t-shirts, narrow jeans (not tight). We both have gauged ears and lots of tattoos. I was wearing my new favorite jacket, a dark blue/gray waxed denim jacket. We make out way past the bouncer and I instantly spotted a gorgeous blonde at the bar, she was probably a high 8 or 9. About to approach when two buddies of ours call out from the other way. She hasn't seen me yet so I go shake their hands with Roger and we ask how the scene is. They tell us there aren't any girls we know, but plenty of girls. Short conversation, return my attentions to the blonde. She was sitting next to a brunette. Another advantage is that I like lighter haired women, while Roger is attracted to brunettes. Perfect, I walk up, this is my opening.

(Bar is packed)
Me: Hey, do you mind if I slide in behind you so I can order some drinks?
Her: Sure go ahead.
Me: Roger what are you drinking?
Roger: Heineken bro.
Me (to the girls): Um real quick, what's your opinion on men who drink henekens?
(Girls laugh)
Blonde: Haha, well my mom drinks heinekens. That's a girl beer.

Now at this point, it's obvious that heinekens are not girl beers, but she is responding to my playfulness (teasing Roger) with her own, and this is a good sign for me to keep her engaged. I still haven't ordered our beers.

Me: I only drink Amstel, what are you drinking?
Blonde: I don't really drink, but tonight I'm having a vodka cranberry.
Me: Oh you don't drink? When I was in Italy hanging out with the Catholics, they never drank, just coffee, and a glass of wine with dinner, but they don't get drunk.
(Both girls burst out laughing. By the way most people where I am from are Catholic, so I use this to appeal to their sense of commonality)
Blonde and Brunette: We're Catholic school girls.
Me: Oh where? Roger and I are Catholics but we went to regular school.
Girls: (I forget where they said)
Roger: Never heard of that place.
Me: I heard of it, real good school. These girls are probably pretty smart. Let's get our beers before they outsmart us. (Then I ordered our beers. I stand there with money in my hand, offered to the bartender, but continue to talk to the girls. When I pushed in to order the beers, I tip her chair over a little, grabbing her shoulder along with the backrest softly to pretend she needed steadying. She didn't mind this touching.)
Blonde: So you went to Italy that's such a beautiful place.
Me: Why, you've been?
Both Girls: No..
Blonde: No just seen a lot of movies.
(Bartender takes my money, I look away from them and finish the transaction with him. As I look away, she puts her hand on mine, which is on her backrest still. I hand Roger his beer, slowly, holding it high, looking at it with a funny expression as though I'm embarassed to hand him a "girl beer" The girls giggle and we chat a bit longer, I still haven't seen who else is in the bar, so I want to get away from this girl even though she's fun, into my game, and gorgeous. I don't even smoke but I ask Roger for a butt, tell the girls we're gonna go for a smoke and that we'll see them around. My plan was to go back to them later on, but Roger ended up being enamoured with our next approach and the first two girls got fed up and bounced.)

We didn't even make it outside before we spotted our next attempts, but I don't like stutter stepping so when Roger wanted to stop I sort of dragged him out anyway (covertly of course).

Outside was all guys. We bull****ted with them a little bit, just to keep my blood flowing and my excitement level high. Soon as Roger was done with his cigarette we went in to the next group. Now, here was a group of about 6 girls, they were talking to only 2 guys, one of whom I kind of know but not really well. That left four girls for me and Roger. We split apart here, because the one I approached knew his ex-fiancee, and since his game is a little weak he couldn't talk with that distraction. I took the fiancee friend and turned her around, we talked one on one at first until her drunk friend stumbled over, Roger and his girl ended up leaving together later on, and really were non-factors for me the rest of the night.

Girl: Um, that's Roger. Your friend is my friends ex-fiancee.
Me: Oh you knew that girl? Yea haven't seen her in forever. Did you graduate with her?
Girl: Yea, we're best friends. (No you're not or I would have met you before)
Me: Oh, so that makes you too young to be in here (Smiling)
Girl: Shh! (grabbing my wrist and whispering) I have a good fake ID.
Me: Don't worry, I've been coming here since I was 18, I won't say anything.
(At this point her friend stumbles over. The first girl was about an 8, the friend was a 7, very drunk, almost falling down sloppy.)
Friend: (rambling incoherently, then falling on me, getting up) I rock!
Me: Yes you do, or maybe it's the floor, need help standing up?
First Girl: She's really drunk, ugh...did she spill her drink on you?
Friend: OMG! Did I? I'm so sorry..(looking at my jacket)
Me: No, I'm totally dry, like Ocean City.
(The friend, feeling embarassed, apologized and walked off into the crowd)
First Girl: You look familiar, are you in Roger's band?
Me: No, I'm an abolitionist.
First Girl: What? (She just didn't know what that meant, I repeated it again, but to no avail. I looked around for Roger and saw him sitting down with his girl, he was safe from this one's intervention so I just kind of lost interest in her and moved to another group.)
Me: An abolitionist. I fight slavery.
First Girl: Um there are no slaves any more.
Me: What are you talking about? I have some in my basement. (I took turns grabbing my wrists with my thumb and forefinger, smiling)
First Girl: What are you doing, let them go!
(Now here is where I left. I forget exactly how I got out of this conversation, but I kept it polite and short, and snuck out with some kind of excuse. This girl wasn't very interesting and I was starting to get a little buzzed.)

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I found another group of girls. They were two 5s and a 7.5/8. The first girl's we were talking to had already left the bar. These girls were from the UK, had funny accents, and didn't know where to go in town on a Saturday night. I've been to Europe, so I had some material and pretended I could sympathize with them for a little bit.

(I was just walking past them, heading toward another part of the bar, when one of them was getting animated with her story telling and we bumped into each other. She bounced off my chest and almost fell over, so I caught her and held her up. This is why I always move fast. I initiated some serious touching without raising any red flags, because I just reflexively saved her from falling. It wasn't even my intent at all to touch)
7.5: (talking to the 5 I just knocked over) You got too excited, almost got taken out by that bloke!
Me: (Taking my hands back, and turning to face the hotter one of the group, using lots of hand gestures and always smiling) You're definitely not from around here. You guys just come to my country and try and bump people over?
7.5: I know, I know! We're from the UK. Well, she's from South Africa but lives in the UK (pointing at the one I bumped into)
Me: Oh so you all have the same accent.
5: (talking in some kind of english accent) No, South Africans don't talk like they talk in the UK. We talk different.
Me: Well I can't tell the difference, you're probably trying to trick me.
7.5: No, she can speak Afrikaans!
Me: Prove it!
5: (rambled on in some other language. Who knows if it was Afrikaans or she just made **** up. I have no idea and I ddidn't really care, I just smiled and pretended I was impressed)
Me: (To the 7.5) What did she just say? Did she call me fat?
7.5: (Laughing) I have no idea
5: I said hello, I am speaking Afrikaans, I am from South Africa
Me: Oh, well you could have called me fat and I wouldn't even have known.
(They all laugh)

The conversation was cut short by Roger telling me his girl's friend was interested in me. He said it loud, right in front of them, and miraculously, a set of girls comprised of close friends of mine stumbled onto us a the exact same time, smoothly transitioning the conversation away from that into greetings, and the Brits snuck away.

Running out of time right now, I'll post the rest of the night's approaches later.

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
So now I am introducing Roger to my three friends, getting excited about it and still using a lot of body language. I excuse myself from them and go into the bathroom while Roger goes back to the girls he's working. This makes me not seem anxious when I return to the scene. When I got there, the friend's body language was really ****ty, but I could tell by the look in Roger's girl's eyes that she was just along for the ride and she was forcing her friend on me. This was a major thorn in the process and quickly made me want to manuevre out of this situation politely and quickly. In spite of this, I invited them to sit at a table, since we were standing in a narrow part of the bar with a lot of quick traffic. I lead them to a table one or two tables away from where my friends (the girls) were sitting and tried to be energetic as I could. Roger's girl seemed more into what I had to say than her friend, who did engage in the conversation but was clearly showing rejective body language. I figured she wasn't interested in me, maybe she was just shy, either way, I could find better ways to spend my time. We arranged with the girls to bring Roger back to his car later, so I could move on from the venue without him, that also frees my passenger seat since I have a pickup truck, for a potential pickup. I continued to convey a positive attitude and excused myself, sitting with my friends, AMOGing some guys that had come over to hit on them, continuing to draw attention with my gestures and excitability. The three girls and I left for another bar around the same time Roger left with his girls group. I wanted to be seen leaving with them (my 3 female friends), so in case Roger and his new flirt hang out again, her friends remember me as a cool guy who fits right in with a group of attractive girls.

We get to the next spot and there weren't many women. I spent most of the time just hanging out with my three friends, until I finally saw a girl worth approaching at the bar. I knew her name, she knew mine, we'd met in the past, but I pretended to have forgotten her. Behind her on the wall was a poster for an upcoming Jersey Shore party.

Me: I'm gonna be Pauly D, cuz my **** is pierced.
Her: (laughing) I know, I've heard. I'm going to be Sammi.
Me: Not being modest I see. She's cute. (Then turning to her unnattractive friend) I bet you're going to be JWow (by far the hottest girl on the show)
Friend: No, haha, I'm just going to be myself. Just wait, because I'll be on the new season, it's a sneak peak.

I smiled and laughed, ordered a drink. The ugly friend left, the first girl made a face at a guy who had been flirting with her, obviously annoyed at his persistance. I took this as a cue to step closer, cut him out of the social circle, and continued to spit some game.

Me: So anyway, I'm (madeup name) You're Renee right?
Her: Renee? Where'd you get Renee.
Me: Like from that old Lost Boys song, you remember them? (I started rapping the song, which was made funnier by the fact that I was obviously not dressed like someone who listens to rap, but I knew all the words.) That's cool that they wrote a song about you.
Her: No, your name's Rudie, and my name's-
Me: Amanda right? Renee is such a beautiful name.
Her: So you do remember me, yea we've met before.
Me: Well your name SHOULD be Renee, but if you really want, I'll call you Kate.

She laughed a bit, conversation continued to be playful like that, common theme, but then something bad happened. She was involved with someone, he was there, ended that conversation, for the time being.

Now by this point, I was getting a little too drunk and tired to keep initiating approaches with the same enthusiasm. I could either half-ass it while being tired, or simply call it. I chose to call it.

First night actively playing the field since my girl moved, no numbers, but I drew some interest and at least my approaches seemed to be pretty solid. Next time, I'm going out earlier so I have more energy, and hopefully I'll see some of the same girls. What really threw a wrench in my gears was the first approach leaving when she saw me make the second. Had planned on returning to her later.

The girl Roger did close on though was in a big group of friends (6 or more girls), and I only interacted with two or three plus her. If she comes back, that's more to work, they think I'm a fun guy at the very least already. Probably going out again tomorrow night, heard about a popping tuesday night club at the barber shop.

I will be listing day approaches as well when I make them.