Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HB_Hunter( Ak's) Journal

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AK’s Bulking-Up Journal……

Day 1: Chest – Triceps

Chest: (12 sets)

Pressing movements (barbell or dumbbells) Flat and Incline Bench Press

Flat Bench Press: 3-4 x 4-8 reps
Incline Bench Press: 3 x 4-8 reps
Cable Cross-overs: 3 x 4-8 reps
Bent-arm DB pullover: 2 x 4-8 reps

• I do 4-8 reps Decline Bench press Every now and then

Triceps: (7-9 sets)

Dips: 2-3 x 20 reps or to failure.
Skullcrushers or Close-Grip Bench press or Superset: 2-3 x 8-10 reps
PressDowns: 3 x 4-8 reps

Day 2: Back – Biceps

Back: (10-12 sets)

warm up with 2 sets of pull-ups(garbage sets)

then,

Lying T-bar row 3-4 x 6-8 reps
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 3 x 4-8 reps
Hyperextensions 3 x 15-20 reps
Heavy rows 2-3 x 4-8 reps

*I should try Bent-over rows and Deadlifts (just that I have never done it and I have no idea how it is done and what it will replace in my routine

Biceps (7-8 sets)

Barbell curls: 3 x 4-8 reps
Alt Db curls or Alt Hammer Db curls or Alt Incline Db curls at 45 degree: 2-3 x 4-8 reps
Machine Preacher curl or One arm Db preacher curl: 3 x 4-8 reps

Day 3: Deltoids – Traps

Delts: ( 6-8 sets)

Military press: 3 x 4-8 reps
Seated side lateral raise: 3 x 4-8 reps
Cable seated rear lateral raise or Transverse Extension: 2-3 x 4-8 reps

Traps: (4 sets)

Db shrugs or Barbell shrugs 4 x 6-8 reps

Day 4: Legs

Legs: Quads – Hamstrings , Gluteus – Calves (10-15 sets)

Hack Squat: 4 x 10- 12 reps
Squat:3-4 x 8-10 reps
Leg Curl: 3 x 4-8 reps
Leg Press: 2 x 4-8 reps
Calf raise machine : 4 x 4-8 reps

Abs 2-3 times a week after the Work-out .

-I am 1.74 cm , 140 lbs.

-My goal is to be Lean and Cutt , Big but not Huge.

-Im eating like 5-6 meals a day in the form of 1.3 gm protein per Body weight and 2-3 gm carbohydrate per body weight , multivitamin , protein shake 1-2 scoopes a day .

In my country it seems very hard to count every calorie so let’s say that I m eating as much as I can .

Your Advice ??? critique this please especially Diesel , Semag and Madgame .

Last edited:

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solid. Good routine. Here's my thoughts.

A) I found that doing the complimentary muscles (chest and tris, back and bis) on the same day can be tiring and make your last few exercises a little less strong. I'd recommend alternating each week. week 1, do chest first, then tris, then week 2, do tris first, then chest... try that.

B)
*I should try Bent-over rows and Deadlifts (just that I have never done it and I have no idea how it is done and what it will replace in my routine
Bent over rows would go instead of your lying TBar... and Deads would be instead of your hyperextensions.

here's how you do them
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/BackGeneral/BBBentOverRow.html

deadlift
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/ErectorSpinae/BBDeadlift.html
(notice the straight back, get some one to check your form)

C) on leg day... I'd say take 1 set away from hack squat and do 3 at leg press... so 3 at hack squat and 3 at leg press

Other than that, looks like a hardcore routine. Remember to do it for 8 weeks.. then take a week off. Maybe use that week to mix things up, think of a new routine, etc.

go get swoll!

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag

Bent over rows would go instead of your lying TBar... and Deads would be instead of your hyperextensions.

should i really include them in my routine esepecially the deadlifts ??? because for me i like hyperextensions more ...

Other than that, looks like a hardcore routine. Remember to do it for 8 weeks.. then take a week off. Maybe use that week to mix things up, think of a new routine, etc.

go get swoll!

Other routine that i like but wouldn't imagine how difficult will it be is

Day1: Legs
Day2: Chest - Delts
Day3: Back-Traps
Day4: Arms and forarms

But tell me to do this how many reps and sets shall i do ?? cz in this day of chest and delts it will be very tiring ...

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys ,

i've asked my trainer at the Gold's Gym Egypt , about that routine and he told me that it's bad to train Triceps after Chest and Bicepes after Back ....he actually advised me to do this Routine :

Saturday: Chest - Quads

Sunday: Back - Hamstrings

Rest

Tuesday: Deltoids - Traps - Calf

Rest

Thursday: Arms and Forarms.....with the same reps and sets that i mentioned in the original post ...

I need to listen to your opinions and views guys ....

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*just got back from the gym and the pump in his biceps is having huge effect on typing ability*

I've found that doing Chest+tri's really takes it out of me and I dont get enough out of it. My close grip bench went up by about 14KG after doing tri's first, and then when I tried to bench, the numbers went downhill very fast.

I think that looks like a solid routine. You're getting a more consistant amount of intensity all throughout the week. I dont, however, know where the hell I'd put squats into that. Squats just kill both my hams and quads, I dont think doing hams the day after would be giving them enough rest [for me personally]

*hunts for semag* lol

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
*just got back from the gym and the pump in his biceps is having huge effect on typing ability*

I've found that doing Chest+tri's really takes it out of me and I dont get enough out of it. My close grip bench went up by about 14KG after doing tri's first, and then when I tried to bench, the numbers went downhill very fast.

I think that looks like a solid routine. You're getting a more consistant amount of intensity all throughout the week. I dont, however, know where the hell I'd put squats into that. Squats just kill both my hams and quads, I dont think doing hams the day after would be giving them enough rest [for me personally]

*hunts for semag* lol
Which is better then man ???

my old routine or the new one ??? or what do u suggest ??

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think you should change it right now. I think you should stick to what you're doing [if you've started it ;)] for about 8 weeks. Give it time to run through and give yourself time to see how YOU feel about it.

I find doing chest and tri's on one day unsatisfying now. I know I can push much harder if I werent doing them together, and I think that I need to be satisfied with my workout or just not do it. thats my personal oppinion.

I think you should stick with what you're doing now if you've been doing it for a few weeks. Ride it out, look at the gains you've made PERSONALLY and evaluate how it works for your body. Then try the routine the trainer suggested.

My oppinion is bodybuilding isnt a race. You should explore bodybuilding. Find out what feels good, what doesnt feel good. Find out what diet works best for you, and what diet doesnt. You should have fun with it and be willing to try new things. I know that if someone said "here's a MUCH better workout than the one you're on!" I'd finish my current workout plan to the full eight weeks and take a week of rest to think about diets and workouts.

I dont plan to be a contest bodybuilder, I just enjoy it.

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm reading a hell of a lot about bodybuilding at the moment. I think one of the more experienced guys like madgame or Mr fitness etc would be a better guy to reply.

CONCLUSION: I think the new one is better, but I wouldnt knock the old one until you've tried it.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aight. Here's my thoughts.

The consensus is to "not do tris after chest, or vice versa, because you're too tired to do them hard"

However, I think we all agree, Squats are a necessity for getting bigger

If that is true, then you must fit squats into that routine given to you by the trainer. I'm dissing that routine, but have you ever tried to do squats after a hardcore chest workout? or squats after deadlifts?? or... let's say you put the squats first, so you're doing squats then deadlift? or squats then chest?! That's as hard as doing triceps after chest... or biceps after back... etc.

Here's my thoughts, you can either rotate, and do chest first one week, then tris first the next, and back first one week, and biceps first the next, and stick with your current routine.... or you can try to throw squats into that other routine... (which would have you doing chest and squats (chest and quads))... or, throw together a routine like this.

Back
shoulders tris
legs
chest bis

Hope that helps.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday: [Legs]

Tuesday: [Arms and forearms]

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: OFF

Friday: [Back + Calfs + Traps]

Saturday: [Chest + Delts]

Sunday: OFF

I'm thinking of trying that routine next, it manages to bi-pass the Bench/Deads/Squats issues that semag has pointed out to you.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by semag
aight.

Here's my thoughts, you can either rotate, and do chest first one week, then tris first the next, and back first one week, and biceps first the next, and stick with your current routine.... or you can try to throw squats into that other routine... (which would have you doing chest and squats (chest and quads))... or, throw together a routine like this.

Back
shoulders tris
legs
chest bis

Hope that helps.
I think this routine is a good one cz i tried this Squats - Chest one and i couldn't complete my squat excericse out of fatigue....

but i wonder if i started with Legs as Diesel once advised ...how would that be ???

plus i d like to know what routine you are doing man ....

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Putting legs first in the week isn't bad at all, I did it for a while. I'm doing the one I showed you, at the moment, and have been since about february or april or something... I don't know how we got there, just me and my buddy do it in that order.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
really ?? that's great from February , you have added some stupid solid mass then .....

it is important to be consistent in your routine right ????

Cz i've haven't been consistent enough these past 3 - 4 weeks in this routine thing i mean . I m still learning what and which one to fit me...

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its important to be consistant with diet and training, not really the routine as such. Infact your body can get used to a routine after time and you may hit a plateu/severe slow down in gains. If it happens, switch up some excersizes or maybe swap a few days around, for example your chest day with your back day.

Get me?

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
An Update...

Update to My Current Journal......

Saturday: Legs

Hack Squat: 4 x 10- 12 reps
Squat:3-4 x 8-10 reps
Leg Curl: 3 x 4-8 reps
Leg Press: 2 x 4-8 reps
Calf raise machine : 4 x 4-8 reps

Sunday: Chest - Biceps:

Incline Bench Press: 3 x 4-8 reps
Bent-arm DB pullover: 2 x 4-8 reps

• I do 4-8 reps Decline Bench press Every now and then

Biceps (7-8 sets)

Barbell curls: 3 x 4-8 reps
Alt Db curls or Alt Hammer Db curls or Alt Incline Db curls at 45 degree: 2-3 x 4-8 reps

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Back - Traps

then,

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown 3 x 4-8 reps

Db shrugs or Barbell shrugs 4 x 6-8 reps

Wednesday: Deltoids - Triceps

Military press: 3 x 4-8 reps
Seated side lateral raise: 3 x 4-8 reps

Dips: 2-3 x 20 reps or to failure.
Skullcrushers or Close-Grip Bench press or Superset: 2-3 x 8-10 reps

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of hack squats... I think going harder on the traditional squats is most definately the way to go. Apart from that, the legs look good. Maybe reduce the amount of reps on the squats by 2-3 though. More weight = more muscle recruitment. We all know what stimulating more muscle means.

I really like seeing that chest+bi's day there. I've been doing it for 2 weeks, and it feels awesome. A few pointers though. How many sets for bench pressing? thats 7 sets for bench pressing man. 7 sets alone. If you ask me, throw in the occasion group of incline benches every 3 weeks or so. Heavy and intense is the way. Dont worry about decline benches unless your chest starts looking slightly odd. You are your harshest critique, you'll notice something way before anyone else does.

Find some time for some straight bar curls. They're the king imo.

I'm going to say this once. Really. I dont know why people dont do it. It's been the one of the two biggest strength gainers for me... DEADLIFTS. I'm not saying a word on back before I see deadlifts there ;)

Good to see those shoulder presses. I'd say do standing laterals and bent over laterals. Rarely do you need any cables or machines for any shoulder work.

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update :

Day 1: Back - Traps

then,

Lat Pulldown 3 x 4-8 reps

Db shrugs or Barbell shrugs 4 x 8-10 reps

Day2: Deltoids - Triceps

Military press/ Shoulder press on Smith: 3 x 4-8 reps
DB lateral raise : 3 x 4-8 reps

Dips/Overhead triceps extension: 2-3 x 20 reps or to failure 3 x 6-8 reps
Skullcrushers : 2-3 x 6-8 , 8-10 reps

Day 3 : Off

Day 4 : Legs

Squats:3-4 x 8-10 reps
Leg Curl: 4 x 4-8 reps
Leg Press/ Leg Extension: 3 x 4-8 reps
Seated Calf raise machine : 4 x 4-8 reps

Day 5: Chest - Biceps

Incline Bench Press/ On smith/ Machine: 3 x 4-8 reps

• I neglected now both Decline press and the db pullover guys cz of fatigue ...is this good or i should be doing this db pullover

Biceps (7-8 sets)

Barbell curls/Zig zag bars: 3 x 4-8 reps

Im now 143.5 lbs or 65.5 kgs .

I shouldn't say that i sticked with this routine all this time since my last update . i was actually doing the sets haphazhardly.

I wasn't counting every meal and i just ate whenever i wanted to eat focusing on proteins and Carbs + a protein shake post work-out in the 35 minutes window.

Starting from this day i will start my routine but guys i need to ask about how many days shall i rest my arms after doing either back or chest the day before? and also how long shall i rest my shoulder after the day i work my chest and vice verca ? if you got anything to add also ...fill me

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn , I've been sick like from 3 days and i couldn't continue my routine .

Im trying to eat alot though to compensate for the loosing muslces but i ain't hungry alot like before thanx to the illness and the off-working out .

what do you guys suggest ?

Shall I take a rest all thru this week though i 'd be depressed as working out for me is like Drugs :D ?

If i did so ....how am i going to start next week ? i mean in 10-12 range or 4-8 still ??

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rest when your sick, I started working out when I still had infection in me but it was just clinging on, it got worse after this. I'd keep it a little lighter the frist few days after illness if you haven't been lifting in a while, otherwise, just hit it. Nice work btw...

The thing I miss in your routine is the deadlift. It is an awesome exercise and you really miss something not doing it.