Having to see your ex in school FOR HOURS AT A TIME

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex and I go to the same school together.

We were dating for 2 and a half years and she broke up with me. Basically, after 2.5 years, she decided that her interest level dropped. She didn't really "miss me" that much over spring break when we both went to our respective home towns and didn't talk much.

So I basically said, "Okay, well then I guess that means we should break up. I really don't want to because I really like you. But if that's how you feel I don't think there's much else to discuss."

She asked if we could be "friends" and I politely declined. She then told me I could call her whenever I wanted and I also said "I don't think that's a good idea."

Finally, she tried to give me a hug goodbye and I said "I don't think that's appropriate". I mean, she just DUMPED ME AFTER 2 AND A HALF YEARS, why would I want a hug from her?

Even though I totally got dumped in a really bad way, I feel like I handled it really well.

I have initiated "No Contact".

However, it's really tough to handle it. We have 3 classes together. That's a total of 12 hours being exposed to each other. We are in the same major. We are both product designers, so we constantly have to be in very close quarters working next to each other in the model shop, or doing drawings, etc.

Our class sizes are no more than 15-20 kids so I'm always within only a few feet of her, having to see her almost everyday.

Basically, if I'm having to stand next to her in the sanding room working on a model that I'm making or something, I'll basically say "hello" to her and more or less ignore her after that. She'll occasionally do the same. It's mostly just to be polite.

But GOD DAMN this is hard to do. I mean, after 2 and a half YEARS, having to completely ignore her definitely takes its toll on me.

What should I do? Am I handling this well? Should I do anything different?

PS, I know the obvious solution would have been to never start dating a girl who you have to see for hours at a time in the work place. But I screwed up. Learned the hard way.

Chromeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt ignore her. Shows her your still apprehensive about the whole thing. Be normal with her, treat her like any other class mate, you have to move on.