Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Having a Myspace: Desperate?

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you guys stand on having a Myspace page? I currently have one but am completely torn as to whether or not I should delete it.

For one, should a true DJ have the time to create a Myspace page and maintain it, make it look all flowery, post your interests, favorite movies, etc? Further more do you want chicks to know you're single or not, what your favorite movies are, etc? Shouldn't they have to work for that information?

And if you do meet a girl and she decides to look you up on Myspace and finds you, how is your picture and cliche movie quote different from any other dude's?

There are positives, I mean I've gotten a few dates from chicks I've met off myspace but nothing ever came of it. I'm just not sure if getting a date here or there is worth possibly appearing desperate by having a page to begin with.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're overanalyzing over nothing. If you want a myspace, put one up. If not, don't. It's not going to make or break you either way. Can't imagine why anyone would be overthinking it to the point of being "torn" about it. If you have to think about it that hard, then just take it down.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
Lol. Are you torn about it?

The fastest way to a woman is outside. On myspace, even if you get a chick to meet, you'll be starting all over. Too much hustle, and it takes away time from the outside. Thus, myspace is useless.

A dating site, like plentyoffish.com or adultfriendfinder.com are a much better investment. People there are for a specific purpose, and presumably no attention wh0res.

But none the less, once you meet off those sites, it's game all over again from the start. Even with adultfriendfinder.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
It truly depends on what you're planning on using MySpace for. Are you using it to garner attention (what chicks do) or as a self exploitation and marketing tool (such as what I do). Once you decide which side of the fence you're on you can determine if you're going to feminize yourself or sac up.

ducaro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Having a Myspace: Desperate?

replace the question mark with an exclamation mark and you have the answer :rolleyes:

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is that a DJ doensn't waste his time in front of a screen trying to meet women (although I have f-closed through Match, I don't waste my time with it anymore). It's such a huge waste of time, IMO, and detracts from the brick and mortar game. It's enough that I post on here two or three times a week. That's why I get a kick out of guys that are on here every single day posting like crazy. I wonder when they are out in the field. Besides, I think MySpace is for kids. My students ask me all the time why I don't have a page on there. And I tell them, "Because I'm not 14."

rocka5

Reaction score
not desperate! but in my opinion i think myspace is terrible for meeting girls. why? 95% are drama queens who just want big friend lists.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That horrible site is filled to the brim with 90% male and female AW's as well as Emo's.

The last 10% are normal people.

My buddy met his current longterm girlfriend off of there and she's really cool and down to earth but she's the exception rather than the rule I'd say.

Still Myspace is just another avenue for you to meet chicks so you might as well put a page up.

It can't hurt after all.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
My opinion is that a DJ doensn't waste his time in front of a screen trying to meet women (although I have f-closed through Match, I don't waste my time with it anymore). It's such a huge waste of time, IMO, and detracts from the brick and mortar game.
Well, I'll tell that to my friend who met his wife on match. They just had their first kid. He met plenty of girls offline too, but match allowed him to weed out women much more efficiently. If she has a well-written profile, I can pretty much tell within a few lines if there's any potential.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nope, almost all of my friends i hang out with have one, most people i know use it to communicate with friends.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and it's good if you want to find new bands or kill time posting blogs

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bman said:
nope, almost all of my friends i hang out with have one, most people i know use it to communicate with friends.

exactly.

having a myspace doesn't mean you're desperate. that's almost as stupid as saying "having internet, desperate?" not everybody uses these things just to pick up women. like mentioned above, I have a myspace because most all my buddies I hang out with have one and pretty much all my family has one.

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Well, I'll tell that to my friend who met his wife on match. They just had their first kid. He met plenty of girls offline too, but match allowed him to weed out women much more efficiently. If she has a well-written profile, I can pretty much tell within a few lines if there's any potential.
Just a hunch, but I don't think our friend here was talking about meeting his life mate on MySpace.

Incog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Used to have one, deleted it.

I'm off the radar now. The mystery is in full effect. Nobody knows my business, what I'm doing, what people are saying about me, where I was the other night, etc.

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Incog said:
Used to have one, deleted it.

I'm off the radar now. The mystery is in full effect. Nobody knows my business, what I'm doing, what people are saying about me, where I was the other night, etc.
Yeah dude I am totally feeling this, you hit it on the money. I deleted my myspace a couple days ago for this very reason.
I hated the fact that anyone could sign on at anytime and get info on me, where I am, where I'm working, get in touch with me, etc. That's valuable info as far as I'm concerned and they need to earn that shyte!

Hanzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
ppl do realize there is no obligation to post stuff *where u were last night* *where u work* *what ur doin* and you can even keep ur bulletin board private if you're that much of a recluse and don't want other people to see what others are talking to you about. I'm a social guy so blockin my board from others isn't for for me but having a myspace... nothin desperate or negative about it anyone who thinks so is analyzing **** waaaay too much

Fallen33

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just use it to keep in contact with my huge assortment of friends spread over the country.

If a girl happens to message me and we meet up, cool, but thats not what I use it for.

If you made a myspace to pickup chicks and use it to find girls; (i.e. you actually USE the search/browse function) then yah, thats insanely desperate.