Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

has your mum every read your diary?

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well mine has. i sometimes write stuff on microsoft word just to get my thoughts out and i usually put passwords on the documents. she managed to go through every one of those documents and found one that wasn't padlocked.

there's some very personal stuff on these files so i feel invaded. then she actually has the cheek to talk to me about this stuff ("oh, i don't like you on those stupid sites talking to nutters. you just have to talk to girls. i don't want you into all this fitness stuff. you're fine the way you are.")

pisses the hell out of me

anyone else been in the same situation

Reaction score
i dont keep a diary... are you serious though? what are nutters? lol.. :)

Plane

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think she means us awesome DJs are crazy:mad:

Just go and talk to her and say that you feel disrespected that she did that too you. Most moms will understand this, some won't. Either way, make sure too lock those files from now on.

Or...
You could keep all your feelings locked up inside, until one day they burst out as you go on a seven person killing streak...Or not.

On the note of Diaries, I don't have one, many people think they are stupid, but I am all for them, its a good feeling to just get your thoughts about the day out of you.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my mum isnt computer literate :D, but im pissed off that i cant partition my documents on my hard drive without reformatting it. Set up as many layers of security into it as you can. I have lots of brothers. I find the best one is just to bury them deep inside folders within folders, if necessary just create a new folder inside windows (somewhere where they dont want to pry in case they break it). Its also helpful if you rename them intoo something random that she wont know. You can always change the file extension on the end into somehting like .exe and then back to doc if you want to read them.

I know its a pain, but mums snoop because they care for you.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jsh, i was thinking about doing that, but it's too much effort and there should be no reason to hide them in the first place. afterall, it's my computer and noone else should be on it in the first place

plane, i did speak to her and she promises never to do it again. i know she did it because she cares for me, but i'm not going to accept that

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, i agree with that, thats why i got a laptop, there is no reason for anyone else to be on it. But stick a password on your computer, just to be on the safe side, not just from her but from anyone.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, i left **** lying around like r u a guy who can't approah and she read the whole fvcking thing before she "realised it wasn't hers"? lol, She looked at me weird for a couple days but im like **** it.

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
and she read the whole fvcking thing before she "realised it wasn't hers"?
heh, i just hope she didn't do that with my stuff. i had listed some sexual experiences in there

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why I never started one, since I know it would end up being read by my parents no matter what I did...I tried doing one on the computer but it got to about day 2 and then I forgot about it...it felt kind of pointless for me.

Reaction score
Right click the document.
Click Properties
Look down near the bottom of the window that just popped up
Near attributes click hidden

Its hidden now

When you want to look at it goto

Start
Control panel
folder options
view
hidden files and folders
check show hidden files and folders

then when you want to hide it again just check do not show hidden files or folders

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've saying this for a while...dont trust your personal information and thoughts to technology. you never know who may be able to find and access it.

if you want to keep a journal and dont want anyone to find it, use a regular notebook or a floppy, and stash that **** in the closet somewhere behind some boxes.

that of course if you really want to keep it private. its really way too easy to crack any program or find certain files.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but to computer illiterate parents, its harder to find on a computer than anywhere else. If someone who knows how to has a reason to hack into your computer and read your diary, then that's kinda wierd.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Levex
i've saying this for a while...dont trust your personal information and thoughts to technology. you never know who may be able to find and access it.

if you want to keep a journal and dont want anyone to find it, use a regular notebook or a floppy, and stash that **** in the closet somewhere behind some boxes.

that of course if you really want to keep it private. its really way too easy to crack any program or find certain files.
Its also really easy to find something hidden.

Extra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JSH
my mum isnt computer literate :D, but im pissed off that i cant partition my documents on my hard drive without reformatting it. Set up as many layers of security into it as you can. I have lots of brothers. I find the best one is just to bury them deep inside folders within folders, if necessary just create a new folder inside windows (somewhere where they dont want to pry in case they break it). Its also helpful if you rename them intoo something random that she wont know. You can always change the file extension on the end into somehting like .exe and then back to doc if you want to read them.

I know its a pain, but mums snoop because they care for you.
Doing the folder in folder thing is what I have to do, my mom isn't computer literate, but my dad is. :(

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just be thankful she didn't walk in while you were jerking off/getting it on with a girl....................:(

Don Pablo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Just be thankful she didn't walk in while you were jerking off/getting it on with a girl....................:(
It happend to you? That sucks!

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score