Mustache

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mustache said:
As a 41 y.o. man, it's hard for me to look behind and see how jerk I was

Sometimes I don't believe it was me

Mustache
Jerk or Nce? I have never regretted being a jerk. Being NICE? I have.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mustache said:
As a 41 y.o. man, it's hard for me to look behind and see how jerk I was...
Don't.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
i agree.
if you do not like who you used to be, then make changes accordingly and when you start to feel guilty or bad, stop yourself and remind yourself that it was the old you and you are not him anymore, you are the new you that you prefer being.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only regrets i have in my life are that i smoked and that i let one woman slip away when i was like 16 or something (who knows if shes still a catch, but im telling ya, she was a good wholesome girl, an a gymnyst ;) ) she was so in to me, but my life was a mess at that 16 and i couldn't deal with a 'good' girl in my life.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
the only regrets i have in my life are that i smoked and that i let one woman slip away when i was like 16 or something (who knows if shes still a catch, but im telling ya, she was a good wholesome girl, an a gymnyst ;) ) she was so in to me, but my life was a mess at that 16 and i couldn't deal with a 'good' girl in my life.
Isn't it funny how timing is often even more important than anything?

I had a good one when I was 25. Beautiful Latina chick, sweet as hell, and she gave the BEST head ever, hehe. She even supported me somewhat when I was starting my business. But if i would have married her then there is no doubt we would be divorced today. If I could only find another one like her......

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
regret is about the only thing on my mind these days, I don't know when I'll ever rid of it. I regret not trying hard enough, not lived enough.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it's never too late to change. Use the past as a lesson for the present and future. You can't go backwards in time, but you can at least learn from past mistakes.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easier for some people to say "it's not worth it to regret" than others. The worst kind of regret is the things you haven't done, and when that's almost all you have to look back on, it's hard to not live in a constant state of regret, like not acknowledging your regret is living in denial.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Analytic said:
regret is about the only thing on my mind these days, I don't know when I'll ever rid of it. I regret not trying hard enough, not lived enough.
thats the matrix talking.

the very thing that makes you think THAT, is the very thing in the past that kept you from actualizing your potential. (read that over and over until you get what im saying).

thats the insidious nature of the matrix. the more you believe in it, the more it conditions you not to believe in yourself. it convinces you that you are broken, that you are nothing special, that you're life has never been and never will be anything special, that you have failed.

this is why guys who are plugged in to the matrix marry some dumb b*tch who will ruin their lives because they think their lives were already ruined.

the matrix creates depression, apathy, envy, jealousy, low self esteem, and especially regret.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think people on this board could start using an analogy that doesn't invoke images of Keanu Reeves in a kungfu outfit when discussing such serious matters?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
Do you think people on this board could start using an analogy that doesn't invoke images of Keanu Reeves in a kungfu outfit when discussing such serious matters?
How about being caught up in the stereotypical, mundane ideals. Being caught up in doing the same things over and over without slowing down to take control and navigate purposely through a situation. Careening down the roads of runaway relationships as if you were on a speeding bus that would blow up if you'd slow down just a bit... :p

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
or how about having the devil on your shoulder making you feel like everything is alright, while slowly you sell out everything you believe in. and in the end, when you realize that you've lost everything that mattered, having things just repeat themselves all over again.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
or how about having the devil on your shoulder making you feel like everything is alright, while slowly you sell out everything you believe in. and in the end, when you realize that you've lost everything that mattered, having things just repeat themselves all over again.
at least in this one I get to fvck my hot sister.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
How about being caught up in the stereotypical, mundane ideals. Being caught up in doing the same things over and over without slowing down to take control and navigate purposely through a situation. Careening down the roads of runaway relationships as if you were on a speeding bus that would blow up if you'd slow down just a bit... :p
Hilarious.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
Extra funny.. Straight running with it..good analogies.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ooops

Last edited:

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
thats the matrix talking.

the very thing that makes you think THAT, is the very thing in the past that kept you from actualizing your potential. (read that over and over until you get what im saying).

thats the insidious nature of the matrix. the more you believe in it, the more it conditions you not to believe in yourself. it convinces you that you are broken, that you are nothing special, that you're life has never been and never will be anything special, that you have failed.

this is why guys who are plugged in to the matrix marry some dumb b*tch who will ruin their lives because they think their lives were already ruined.

the matrix creates depression, apathy, envy, jealousy, low self esteem, and especially regret.
This is the only area of the matrix that still sucks me in. I'll catch myself thinking, "Man, I just turned 25. I'm halfway through my 20s and will be an old man in six years. I better get living before life starts sucking."

I've been unplugged for about four years now maybe and can't even really remember how to treat a girl like an AFC. But I still have a horrible tendency to fall back on that mindset of thinking life starts to end at the age of 26.

I realize this kind of thought process is bullsh!t, but it's an easy mental trap to fall into, for me at least.

Why is society so skeptical and limiting?

PTC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never regret something that once made you smile!!

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing I regret is not pulling a Dirty Sanches on the J-Lo look-a-like chick I nailed last summer. Other than that, no.