Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Handshakes

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll admit I have no idea what types of handshakes to use in certain situations. I see friends clasp their hands then do a fist bump, sometimes they don't do the fist bump. Sometimes they use 4 finger grasp, sometimes 4 fingers with the thumb grasp then with fist bump...and again sometimes without. I'm prolly making it complicated, but it really is confusing to me and I have no idea in what situations I should use each one.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. I hate that 4 finger thing a lot of people do, and all the other weird little things. And everyone seems to have a different version they use. Why can't we just shake hands normally?

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
Hand thing then fist bump is always best with guys. I wonder what it would be like trying that on a girl though lmao.
4 fingers + thumb grasp or just 4 fingers? I've noticed it's different depending on the other guy and if I go to do the 4 finger handshake and he's doing the finger+thumb grasp then it doesn't work at all.

I actually don't mind the 4 finger thing without the fist bump, and that seems to be the norm sometimes but then other times it's not. I really have no clue...

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question about shaking hands with a girl. I read in one of the articles that you should do a soft handshake using less of you palm and more fingers.

However, I've spoken to some girls who have commented on someone having a weak handshake as being bad.

I have an incredibly strong handshake and am renowned for crushing people's hands with it lol. I sometimes do this to girls too, (Although not as much, as I could break their hands if I went fully), and many say "You have a really strong/firm handshake" in a complimentary way.

So what's better, firm handshake with a girl or soft one?

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
I have a question about shaking hands with a girl. I read in one of the articles that you should do a soft handshake using less of you palm and more fingers.

However, I've spoken to some girls who have commented on someone having a weak handshake as being bad.

I have an incredibly strong handshake and am renowned for crushing people's hands with it lol. I sometimes do this to girls too, (Although not as much, as I could break their hands if I went fully), and many say "You have a really strong/firm handshake" in a complimentary way.

So what's better, firm handshake with a girl or soft one?
Where the hell did you hear that a limp finger grasp handshake was good with girls? It's probably one of the most AFC things you can do with a woman. You should definitely shake a woman's hand just as firmly as a man's (just not crushing)... perhaps put your other hand on her arm or hand when you do it, depending on the woman... arm for a formal meeting, hand for a personal meeting.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shake hands normally. By refusing to do the finger clasp fist bump thing every other douchebag does, you're setting dominance. He comes in looking for the "standard" handshake and you hit him with the "classic". it subconciously says I refuse to follow your rules.

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually just do a fist bump with the people my age. Thats the one i perfer doing and do it most of the time. With older people and in professional environment ill do the normal shake and with my close friends ill do any kinda handshake we usually do. Its all about being the leader,when you see someone if you want a fist bumb make a fist and have it half way, if you want normal hand shake do the same thing. Obviously you cant do complicated handshakes with people you dont know.