Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

HAARP, Hurricane Irene and the DC Earthquake …Connected?

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back for more eh?

The central point of that article is that we should not be re-writing history. I beg to differ. Like scientists we need to be open to new discoveries, and rewrite history constantly.

Example: We have assumed for the longest time that civilization is only a few thousand years old. Then someone unearths an African city at least 200,000 years old and the books have to be updated http://viewzone2.com/adamscalendarx.html

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Logic said:
The central point of that article is that we should not be re-writing history. I beg to differ.
You missed the point entirely, which isn't surprising since you didn't read it! Barring the time it took you to see my post, it took you, at most, 13 minutes to respond.

Pseudohistory
"a pejorative term applied to a type of historical revisionism, often involving sensational claims whose acceptance would require rewriting a significant amount of commonly accepted history, and based on methods that depart from standard historiographical conventions."

Revisionism is fine. Pseudohistory is not.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Logic said:
We are not talking about rattling the earth's crust with pure energy, rather it's the sympathetic (resonant) frequency which releases the potential energy of landmass.
So you're saying that HAARP acts like a big resonator and releases energy from the tectonic plates that are constantly squeezing one another. So that means that this device is like a big pressure release valve. Slowly releasing pressure before something blows up if all that pressure were to be contained. So HAARP is in fact a very beneficial device to everybody.

I would be surprised if the thing was 3% efficient. You would have to project so much energy into the atmosphere to cause a plate to resonate to move the plate with 100% efficiency but to overcome the efficiency losses... I don't even think we have that much energy on the whole planet! Hell, the largest laser in the world which is used for fusion research takes up more energy than is currently used by our entire civilization on a yearly basis. They can only use it for seconds at a time and it takes ridiculously long to recharge the cappacitor bank to use again.

Most conspiracy theorists have no idea how impossible their ideas really are. It's impossible to even nudge a tectonic plate or cause it to resonate on a fault line. Even a nuclear weapon might not set it off, even a dozen might not set off an earthquake if detonated in an active fault zone.

For example, there is not enough power in the human voice to shatter glass at normal pitch. But an opera singer who knows how to find the specific frequency of that glass can shatter it with one sustained note.
If you use a really thin glass yeah this works. Now imagine how large the tectonic plates are. Large and thick and made of metal and rock. Not only that but they float on magma which is softer than the material on top. This is like trying to resonate a large piece of rock floating on a few feet of wet cement. I would like to see a small scale experiment to prove this is possible.

But there won't be a small scale experiment. Most conspiracy theorists don't believe in their own theories. They don't have the conviction, or the money (not that it's expensive for some cement, a large flat rock and a subwoofer) , or even the knowledge to attempt a small scale experiment in their back yard. Why is that? Is it because they have weak uneducated minds and are easily swayed by the latest fantasy topic of the day?

Ancient prophecies (Maya, Hopi, etc) believe that at the end of the 25,000 year cycle (2012) we will see their return. Time will tell I suppose.
E-mail an anthropologist who's read these ancient languages. They would disagree. The people who come up with all sorts of stupid theories have no clue what they're doing. They can't even read and understand the material they're basing it on.

I'll tell you what's going to happen in 2012. The same **** that happened in 2011, 2010, 2009... etc. How do I know? I'm psychic.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mythbusters devoted an episode on Tesla. The myth of an earthquake machine was busted.

"To their surprise, they were able to get the entire bridge to start oscillating. Adam could feel the vibrations hundreds of feet and several supports away. Jamie compared the vibrations he was feeling to a big semitrailer truck cruising by. Jamie: 'It actually makes a little concerned, believe it or not.' After an hour of testing, though, they weren't able to get anything stronger than the vibrations they initially felt. No earthquake."

Of course, believers will argue about magnitudes of power, but the important distinction is the machine by Tesla's specifications, derived from his own patent, doesn't work. Thus, we can deduce Tesla never actually caused an earthquake. What, Tesla would never exaggerate his claims?

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
Mythbusters devoted an episode on Tesla. The myth of an earthquake machine was busted.

"To their surprise, they were able to get the entire bridge to start oscillating. Adam could feel the vibrations hundreds of feet and several supports away. Jamie compared the vibrations he was feeling to a big semitrailer truck cruising by. Jamie: 'It actually makes a little concerned, believe it or not.' After an hour of testing, though, they weren't able to get anything stronger than the vibrations they initially felt. No earthquake."

Of course, believers will argue about magnitudes of power, but the important distinction is the machine by Tesla's specifications, derived from his own patent, doesn't work. Thus, we can deduce Tesla never actually caused an earthquake. What, Tesla would never exaggerate his claims?
I just watched that episode and they also mentioned that yeah they couldn't do much to the bridge besides shake it with a 6 POUND MAGNETIC WEIGHT. Imagine what could have been if they decided to test say a 10 pound, 15 or even a 20 pound weight of the same device?

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zodiac said:
I just watched that episode and they also mentioned that yeah they couldn't do much to the bridge besides shake it with a 6 POUND MAGNETIC WEIGHT. Imagine what could have been if they decided to test say a 10 pound, 15 or even a 20 pound weight of the same device?
The essential problem with such speculation is there is no fundamental frequency of buildings, bridges, or most especially the earth. It's heterogeneous of multiple frequencies. Furthermore, damping forces counter resonance.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thomas Edison hated Tesla for the same reason that you doubt him. While Edison would make 10,000 prototypes of a lightbulb before succeeding, Tesla would just envision his idea and like a flash of light he knew that the idea would work. That's how he invented AC power and it's also how he built the world's first hydro-electric dam before even writing his ideas down.

It's pretty interesting how one of history's greatest inventors used so little in terms of scientific method. The guy was a true visionary and somewhat of a threat to empirical purists such as yourself who live under the assumption that the only path to discovery is through rigorous analysis, repeated failure and loads of skepticism. Tesla skipped these intermediate steps and simply went from idea to execution.

What most people don't know is that his whole life he was plagued by hallucinations and visions which he said haunted and terrified him. Only through supreme discipline (and celibacy he claimed) was he able to focus and direct these visions, which were the source of his creative power.

But I'm sure you would just dismiss all that as mumbo jumbo. It can't be measured or reproduced independently so it just cannot be true (even though the man did sort of usher in the industrial age, but whatever).

As far as your link goes I did read it. You can thank this book for that: http://www.amazon.com/Power-Reading-Effective-Speedreading-Comprehension/dp/0960170618

The article itself does not address the authentic, cone shaped skulls which were found by archeologists. Nor does it discuss the consistent depictions of the pharoahs with humanoid, but very different body proportions, or the reliefs showing technology we consider recent, including electricity. Small factoid: In the pyramids scientists are baffled by the lack of soot on the ceilings. It was pitch black in there, surely someone would have lit a torch. Then again would they really need torches? http://goo.gl/c2DwD

If you want to talk about pseudo history just look in your textbooks, the "truths" that we have taken for granted are often built on so much bullsh-t its just ridiculous. Grab any american history book from high school and then read the "People's History of the United States" then talk to me about the differences between actual events and their recounting.

Re: Mythbusters

I enjoy that show a great deal and saw that episode where they tested it out on the bridge. All I can say is that these guys may be smart, but they are no Tesla. To dismiss his claims as exaggerations because some dudes (who are not inventors themselves) failed to reproduce it in one afternoon is pretty myopic for someone who prides themselves on their devotion to "real" science. Nice try though.

Addressing the claims of manmade power vs tectonic plates will have to wait for another time. Gotta get some work done. It's been fun gentleman. I appreciate your input here.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guy was a true visionary and somewhat of a threat to empirical purists such as yourself who live under the assumption that the only path to discovery is through rigorous analysis, repeated failure and loads of skepticism. Tesla skipped these intermediate steps and simply went from idea to execution.
For someone whose name is DJ Logic, you constantly betray your namesake. The ability to reproduce results is the hallmark of good science and good thinking. In general, there are frauds, liars, and hoaxes; and in general, there are flawed experiments and insufficient data. There is a scientific community for a reason and so if one scientist makes a claim but nobody else can reproduce his results then there is good reason to not believe him. Telsa did have an track record of exaggerating results and the essential problem with your speculation is there is no fundamental frequency of buildings, bridges, or most especially the earth. It's heterogeneous of multiple frequencies. Furthermore, damping forces counter resonance. To rely on Tesla is to make the fallacious argument from authority.
The article itself does not address the authentic, cone shaped skulls which were found by archeologists.
http://ahotcupofjoe.net/2008/12/alien-skulls/#footnote_0_294
Nor does it discuss the consistent depictions of the pharoahs with humanoid, but very different body proportions, or the reliefs showing technology we consider recent, including electricity.
The essay did address the issue of panspermia and evolution. So the Egyptians liked to creatively imagine themselves as gods. So what? The Egyptians did have very primitive batteries, but the history of technological innovation is non-linear.
Nice try though.
Ditto.

On a different note, I'm think I'm going to switch back to Deep Dish. I liked that name much more.

Last edited:

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zodiac said:
Yeah, and if we scale up that experiment you will need a medium sized asteroid made mostly of metal to induce vibrations in a tectonic plate and cause an earthquake.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Yeah, and if we scale up that experiment you will need a medium sized asteroid made mostly of metal to induce vibrations in a tectonic plate and cause an earthquake.
I only say take more than a 6 pound instrument to research it before you dismiss it. They shook a bridge with 6 pounds. If it was a 50 pounder or hell a 25 pounder it most likely would have done some damage.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Logic said:
Thomas Edison hated Tesla for the same reason that you doubt him. While Edison would make 10,000 prototypes of a lightbulb before succeeding, Tesla would just envision his idea and like a flash of light he knew that the idea would work.
Edison made 10,000 prototypes because he was unhappy with the life of the device. He kept trying different combinations until he made a durable and long lasting source of light that could be mass produced. Edison was a business man, Tesla was an inventor.

It's pretty interesting how one of history's greatest inventors used so little in terms of scientific method.
False. You cannot make this claim as very little is known about Tesla. There is much speculation and fiction surrounding his work and it's hard to separate the truth. It doesn't help that many of his journals and other lesser known inventions were destroyed when his lab burned down.

The guy was a true visionary and somewhat of a threat to empirical purists such as yourself who live under the assumption that the only path to discovery is through rigorous analysis, repeated failure and loads of skepticism.
Yeah, that method really sucks. It's only given us DC power, the lightbulb, solar cells, penicillin, antibiotics, flight, the piston engine, transistors, microchips, and the rest of chemistry, biology and engineering.

Yeah, the empirical method is stupid. Why waste time trying? If it doesn't work the first time just give up. No need for analysis and a second opinion on your work. Just give up and never ever try again.

The article itself does not address the authentic, cone shaped skulls which were found by archeologists. Nor does it discuss the consistent depictions of the pharoahs with humanoid, but very different body proportions, or the reliefs showing technology we consider recent, including electricity. Small factoid: In the pyramids scientists are baffled by the lack of soot on the ceilings. It was pitch black in there, surely someone would have lit a torch. Then again would they really need torches? http://goo.gl/c2DwD
The diagnosis of Carpenter Syndrome is made based on the presence of the bicoronal and sagittal skull malformations, which results in a pointed, cone-shaped or short, broad head. The diagnosis is also made based on the presence of extra or fused digits. X rays and/ or CT scans of the skull may be performed in order to accurately diagnose the individual; however, other genetic disorders, which have available genetic tests, are also characterized by skull malformations. A positive result on these tests can rule out a Carpenter Syndrome diagnosis. -Wikipedia

It's also possible to mold a baby's head while still young and the bones have not fused. They're like thick rubber and with a shaping device like some wood and rope it's easy to create a cone shape. This is not uncommon. Look up "lotus feet" which were a very popular style of foot for women in Japan. There is much documented evidence on that since the practice was only recently discontinued.

If you want to talk about pseudo history just look in your textbooks, the "truths" that we have taken for granted are often built on so much bullsh-t its just ridiculous. Grab any american history book from high school and then read the "People's History of the United States" then talk to me about the differences between actual events and their recounting.
Why in the hell would any educated person want to read the barely legible trash in an American High School textbook? The science sections are practically empty and being replaced with "we don't know, but we do know that god did it".