Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gym routine

DJCorleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, finally getting a gym membership tomorrow, wondered if you could throw me some advice on this routine? Im about 165lbs, 'skinnyfat', and quite weak!

Monday

Wrist/Forearm Curls: 4 x 8
Squats: 3 x 5
Bench Press: 3 x 5
Deadlift: 1 x 5
Dips (weighted): 2 x 5-8

Tuesday

Low Intensity Cardio (Walking, biking, swimming)

Wednesday

Barbell Rows 3 x 5
Press: 3 x 5
Power Clean: 3 x 5
Dumbell Incline Press: 3 x 5

Thursday

Low Intensity Cardio (Walking, biking, swimming)

Friday

Military Press 3 x 5
Bench Press: 3 x 5
Deadlift: 1 x 5
Dips (weighted): 2 x 5-8
Skullcrushers: 3 x 5

Add pull-ups, chinups, pushups and crunches to failure everyday.
I put the forearm curls in because i've broken both arms twice and need to build them up, but could anyone suggest anything to add/take away/change around? Thanks!

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well, that's quite ambitious, compared to my current routine after 6 years in the gym. i suggest that you go right ahead and do it though, after two weeks report back. right now doing ANYTHING is better than nothing, so just get in there and have at it.
the only thing i would suggest right now is that you stop well before you pass out on the 10th set on Friday.

good luck bro - you will quickly get an idea of how your body responds and it will hopefully be up the charts from there. be aware that what you're doing isn't really sustainable or well ordered but you can work on that later, if you've just joined a gym the important thing is to get the mojo of hitting the iron regularly.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mintxx said:
well, that's quite ambitious, compared to my current routine after 6 years in the gym. i suggest that you go right ahead and do it though, after two weeks report back. right now doing ANYTHING is better than nothing, so just get in there and have at it.
the only thing i would suggest right now is that you stop well before you pass out on the 10th set on Friday.

good luck bro - you will quickly get an idea of how your body responds and it will hopefully be up the charts from there. be aware that what you're doing isn't really sustainable or well ordered but you can work on that later, if you've just joined a gym the important thing is to get the mojo of hitting the iron regularly.
He could just start with where to start and do things the correct way. But yeah in my experience your right, most just need to learn the hard way.

OP whatever you do, use weight thats light for you, last thing you'll want is a stupid injury that you'll hate yourself for later down the line assuming you start doing things right.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do this instead:

Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Squat 3x5
Overhead press: 3x5
Power clean 5x3

Train 3x a week on non consecutive days and alternate between the two.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally, someone on here who doesn't do a 3 day split routine as a beginner. You've struck gold my friend. Get rid of the forearm curls, you won't need them. Deadlifts will work your forearms HARD. If you need an assistance exercise for deadlifts, then do Farmer walks. Get rid of skull crushers too, your triceps will get hit hard enough from press, military press, bench press and dips.

Make sure you start on a very low weight (Just the 20kg bar for most things) and FOCUS on your form for squats. Make sure you nail it early on before the weights get heavy. Check out stronglifts.com for videos and articles on proper technique.