Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

guys with pierced ears-what do u think

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm wonderin what do girls or even guys think of guys with earrings or pierced ears, be it in the left ear or right ear or both. whats ur opinion. some ppl say its like a bad boy image. is it realli.

if ur a guy and you have pierced ears-why did u do it? how come? did your parents allow it. i know mine didn;t i got harassed about it constanly everyday to get it taken out.

i don't wear the earring or anything on it anymore. i still have the hole since i tugged at it. just a thing i do. hehe
ok i have had 2 piercings in my right ear, that was 5 years ago. back than i didn't now the saying right is gay and left straight. who even made that crap up?
does the right/left piericng ear thing a factor now. i didn;t even now about that kind of thing.

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I know, "right is 'gay' and left is straight." I've been thinking about getting my left ear pierced (nothing major like a rapper's giant diamong hanging from my earlobe, just something subtle to add some sexiness to my image).

You shouldn't worry about what other people think about your ear piercings, despite the harassment you've experienced in the past. Keep your earrings if you still like them and they make you feel more confident. Otherwise, let them go.

I too would like to hear what others think about male earrings, however. :cool:

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Piercing your ear isnt that big of a decision, nor is it a big deal. i have mine done and theyre neat. I also have my lip pierced...omg...girls love it and ive been told its sexy just about every time i go out.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got both mine done and wear fairly good sized CZ's in each. My mom wouldn't allow it, but as soon as I moved in with my pops I had it done. I basically did (along with growing a chin and soul patch) it cause I was just trying to reinvent myself, change my image you know? I think I've benefited from having them. Almost everybody that knew me before the earrings and facial hair thinks they're tight, gave me the "bad boy" image if thats how you want to put it. No regrets.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you wanna do with your life. Piercings are alright in some situations, but the guy with one isn't getting my vote during election. Similarly, I'm staying far away from doctors with either tattoos or piercings. It's a lifestyle decision, and when it comes to first impressions, it will sway people one way or the other. I prefer to stay neutral.

"right is 'gay' and left is straight."
afaik it varies in some of the European countries.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've had my ears pierced, both of them, since I was 17.. I went though a mini bling bling phase in high school.. then when I had to cut off the foot long braids (yes, over a foot long) and get corperate..plus it was never me anyway, I let the holes cloesed up.. then when I sold my company, one of the first things I did was stop by the mall and get my ears repierced.

I wear nothing but diamand studs that add to the look of the outfit I am wearing, I'm not overly flashy with it.. just like all good jerwery, you want it to add to the outfit, but not be the only thing you notice

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what kind of earring would you guys recommend for someone who's never had his ears pierced before but would like to start out with a single left-ear piercing? Nothing expensive or too flashy...but still noticable and classy? How expensive are small diamond studs, or whatever is "standard"?

Thanks.

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On the main page it said newest topic "Guys with pierced..."

God am I relieved it said ears.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just get a cheap stud. even now that's all I wear.. I'm not a female, i don't want **** hanging from my ears

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got each lobe done right now with 16g stainless steel CBRs, gonna stretch em out some maybe to 8guage or something eventualy. Also have a 14g labret stud that would probably take a 12g.

I do eventualy want to get my nipples done.

While we are on the subject, I do find females with bellybutton rings (HOT!) Nipple rings (HOT!!) and tongue studs (pretty hot). Nose rings, labret eyebrow are okay. I don't mind.

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fbplayer06 said:
So what kind of earring would you guys recommend for someone who's never had his ears pierced before but would like to start out with a single left-ear piercing? Nothing expensive or too flashy...but still noticable and classy? How expensive are small diamond studs, or whatever is "standard"?

Thanks.
The standard are 14g. Start with that. Mine where gunned and eventualy stretched out. I got 16 now which are smaller then 14. I will PM you a link

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Earrings give you a nice edge and can really benefit someone who does not have an edge in the first place. Not all people look good with an earring. There are some factors that I've discovered which help determine whether a given person looks good in an earring...

Looks: If you're good looking, in general an earring adds a nice touch. Have you seen ugly people try to pull off an earring and it just looks bad?

Size: If you're a bigger person, tall, muscular perhaps (or just big) then an earring will look good on you. Short, scrawny guys have a tougher time making an earring look presentable.

Skin tone: If you have dark skin colour, then almost always an earring will look good. Have you ever seen a black guy that didn't look good with an earring? Aside from the added 'gangsta image' it adds, the nice contrast of a bright earring and dark skin tone looks good.

So if you're ugly, not big or tall, and are pale...don't get an cubic zirconia stud or anything because you won't be able to pull it off.

I got my ear pierced a few months ago, and it's debatable whether it looks good on me. I am lighter skin tone, and I am fairly thin and a little short, so already I am losin points. And although I have an innocent appearance, I feel I'm good looking enough to pull it off. Sometimes I wear a cubic zirconia stud (which looks really good if I'm wearing a hat) and other times I just wear a little silver ball which is a lot less flashy and simple than a bling bling earring.

There's my overanalysis on whether someone should get an earring or not. You can always get some stick on earrings at claires for like $10 and see how it looks. Better than spending $30 or whatever at a professional and 2 months into it you realize it doesn't look good and then you have a permanent scar on your ear (however small or unnoticeable it may be).

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joe45 said:
ok i have had 2 piercings in my right ear, that was 5 years ago. back than i didn't now the saying right is gay and left straight. who even made that crap up?
does the right/left piericng ear thing a factor now. i didn;t even now about that kind of thing.
funny, I have 2 on my left and got them when I was 18. Yea, HERE in the U.S., having the piercing on only the right ear signifies that you're a homo. As far as my experiences go, having piercings says "bad boy" regardless if its just one or more. I've been told by countless people both guys and girls that I look like some sort of "bad ass".

2_intense2

Don Juan
Reaction score
guys with piercing are HOT..just don't get hoops(the circle earrings) cause than you like like a female, but the diamond studs look really good.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disconnect said:
Depends on what you wanna do with your life. Piercings are alright in some situations, but the guy with one isn't getting my vote during election. Similarly, I'm staying far away from doctors with either tattoos or piercings. It's a lifestyle decision, and when it comes to first impressions, it will sway people one way or the other. I prefer to stay neutral.

A lot of people have tattoos and it doesn't really mean anything. Particular if it's in an inconspicuous place like the shoulder or something. It's a one-time but permanent thing. It's different from a piercing.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2_intense2 said:
guys with piercing are HOT..just don't get hoops(the circle earrings) cause than you like like a female, but the diamond studs look really good.
I have 2 hoops in my earlobes. I do not look like a female.

If pirates, the manliest men outside of lumberjacks, can have hoops then so can I. No one has ever made fun of my earrings. Or a pirate. Because they know better.

I only got them because i was with a group of people 3 years ago who were getting random piercings and i didn't even think much about it and got them pierced since i was there even though i had no plan ever to do it. I never even think about them. They're just there and are still the originals and i've not once taken them out.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disconnect said:

So what does a tattoo say about someone?

2_intense2

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 2 hoops in my earlobes. I do not look like a female.
to each their own, the hoops vs the stud is a matter of opinion. I personally don't like guys with hoops..

an the thing about pirates...?!?! okay..