Guys,how would you feel if a girl gave you her number without you asking for it?

PuffyPonny

Don Juan
Reaction score
I gave a guy my number at it turned out he has girlfriend/not interested so I feel embarrassed and wonder if I put him in awkward position.

So how you feel if girl gives you her number but you are not interested in her?Would that make you feel uncomfortable or would be still flattered despite your disinterest?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90% chance she isn't interested. Classic attention wh0re behavior.

Proceed as normal with the understanding there is a very good chance she won't go on a date with you.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90% chance she isn't interested. Classic attention wh0re behavior.

Proceed as normal with the understanding there is a very good chance she won't go on a date with you.
Don't know if you read but I think SHE gave the number out. As this is the woman posting. As for your question OP, it's not that serious. If anything I would feel flattered and a little ego boost.

As for you posting here I don't know if you know but this is a men's dating forum. This is not to say you're not welcome here but that there maybe better communities out there for you.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm always wary of a woman that gives me her number...in most cases I've found it doesn't turn into dates

PuffyPonny

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't know if you read but I think SHE gave the number out. As this is the woman posting. As for your question OP, it's not that serious. If anything I would feel flattered and a little ego boost.

As for you posting here I don't know if you know but this is a men's dating forum. This is not to say you're not welcome here but that there maybe better communities out there for you.
Yes I'm aware of that which is why I wanted opinions from guys point of views :)

PuffyPonny

Don Juan
Reaction score
You would still feel flattered even if you are not interested in her?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i'd feel lucky, then get cynical about it later, then proceed as normal and text her whenever and see how it goes.

it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it wouldn't be a bad thing

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm always wary of a woman that gives me her number...in most cases I've found it doesn't turn into dates
If it is in person, off the the top of my head 2 out of 3 I got laid. 1 of them I dated about a yr.
The 3rd one I could have but failed with escalating.

Yes it would probably make my week depending on how hot she was.

Starting

Banned
Reaction score
I gave a guy my number at it turned out he has girlfriend/not interested so I feel embarrassed and wonder if I put him in awkward position.

So how you feel if girl gives you her number but you are not interested in her?Would that make you feel uncomfortable or would be still flattered despite your disinterest?
My first BPD girlfriend gave me her number first, I wasn't interested but we still managed to have a year long relationship and tbh if it wasnt for her I wouldn't become who I am today.

Has it happen again? Yes, If you sense shes interested in you, develop to casual sex but DO NOT get into a relationship with these girls.

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you're not ugly, yes I would be flattered. If you are ugly it would still be an ego boost nonetheless. However, however the guy feels doesn't matter at this point, he's interested and has a girlfriend.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most would. But most wouldn't over think it. I wouldn't worry about it. It really isn't a big deal

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slightly awkward move. You could have just asked if he wanted to go out some time to gauge interest first, instead of straight giving the number; would have saved you both any awkwardness. You basically skipped a step, but no harm done.

Regards flattery, if it's not over the top nor persistent in the face of rejection, it is flattering. However, when a girl you're not interested in flirts persistently and unashamedly in front of others, it's just straight embarrassing; like, all their self-awareness goes out the window. Now that really is awkward.

Last edited:

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How often does that happen to guys? Of course us guys would feel flatterred! However, if he does not find you to be sexual with him or aesthetically pleasing, he wouldn't break up with his girl or cheat on her with you. If you are aesthetically pleasing, you must take more sexual initiative if you really do like him.

PuffyPonny

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your responses.. The reason why I asked is I still run into him every now and then so I felt bad that I might have put him in an awkward position---It's my first time doing something like that. Additionally, he didn't directly reject me but he politely brushed me off by giving an excuse about how he broke his phone and lost my number yet he didn't ask for my number again. I got the hint from him and didn't offer my number again or push the issue.Then I looked him up on Face book only to find out he has gf.

I wasn't flirty or anything but I was friendly towards him prior giving my number out.I just handed him a piece of paper and said "text me sometime"

Last edited:

muzza.deman

Don Juan
Reaction score
For what its worth a very progressive step

Don't be discouraged ....u were politely rebuffed and you didn't badger him..Women especially; and men everywhere applaud this confidence . Alls fair in love and war....but sound advice above, it can be fraught with danger as a random act.... Gauge interest if possible or, do n don't regret ...I take it as flattery when it occasionally happens to me....no harm no foul