Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gunman opens fire on lecture hall at Northern Illinois U

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/university.shooting/index.html

Crazed gunman entered Cole Hall (big lecture hall) and opened fire at Northern Illinois University, with a shotgun, glock, and pistol, killing 5 and wounding a dozen more before taking his own life.

This one hits a little close to home as I am an NIU alumnus and had more than a few classes at Cole Hall, and have friends still there. This is also about 2 weeks after there was a 5-victim murder in Tinley Park (a Chicago suburb) involving an NIU alumnus who was also a friend of mine.

Even the cornfields and suburbs aren't safe anymore, it's very creepy. Very shocking, especially considering how close these events were near each other, even if they were unrelated.

Still trying to get in touch with friends on campus to make sure it wasn't anyone I knew...

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad you're alive bro.

My condolences ahead of time if it turns out you've lost anyone to this maniac.

Still all of these school shootings I think have a deeper meaning than just someone being nutty in the head and going off.

I think there is something deeply wrong with our culture and society that creates these monsters.

Reaction score
If everyone had guns these crazed criminals wouldn't be doing this -- this will be an excuse for gun control!!

Reaction score
Danger said:
This is a tragedy. The next tragedy will be the attempt to burn the Constitution by claiming people shouldn't own guns, for reasons such as this.
The constitution has already been burned!!! Bush said it was just a piece of paper.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmc60JmaLbE

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sending you my condolences as a VT Hokie. I actually went to high school with the VT shooter and 2 of the victims. It was just too close to home.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Even odds that the dude posted on here before. This place is a breeding ground for such souls.

Appears that the dude in Finland still has the lead in number of kills at a school this year. That dude actually shot a bunch of video and created a webpage. I guess the Finns really are Net savvy folk. And yes, Finland (like much of Europe) has a love affair with guns. Part of Finnish culture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mMF6f9clCg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMNK9ik3ceg&feature=related

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
If everyone in the classroom had guns, they'd see the guy start firing wildly into the crowd, then everyone would simultaneously quickly reach into their jacket pockets, pull out their loaded berettas, and shoot the guy down from long range before he managed to kill anybody. Its that easy!

Really the only way for that argument to be viable and actually effective in a situation to prevent any loss of life is if every american had both a) loaded guns and b) the ability to predict the future.

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is something more to all these shootings other than just another nut loosing it and killing everyone. It seems to be happening alot now. Its something about the world,not blaming the world,cause everyone is responsible for there own actions. This is just all the inevitably bad stuff that is going to happen. You see No Country For Old Men? The Chigurgh character,is a metaphor for alot of this...

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
If everyone had guns these crazed criminals wouldn't be doing this -- this will be an excuse for gun control!!
So fvcking stupid....hahaha

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guns for everyone then. That'll work, people are basically good and trustworthy and won't use them when they're drunk or anything. Do the homeless get to have guns too?

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Um, the kid wanted to die, as most of these gunman who do this type of thing do. Putting more guns into peoples hands will only feed the problem.