Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guitar

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I play guitar, I've been playing for more than half my life, and on a professional level for the past few years. Interestingly enough, I have never gotten a hookup as a result of my guitar playing. Many times has a girl been like "omg you play guitar?? play me something!". After a bit of teasing I finally relent and let her listen to me play a tune. Thing is, I play jazz guitar.. so, staying true to myself, that's what I would play.. and the girl's interest level would fade. After a while of being stubborn I figured that if I want to use my guitar skills to help get girls, I'm gonna have to put the complex stuff on hold when they're asking me to play. Maybe some John Mayer or Jack Johnson.. ugh.

What are some guaranteed 100% make-the-ladies-cream-themselves songs that I should learn on guitar?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play (badly)

Girl I wana lay you down by jack Johnson
or
Sex and candy by marcy playground

Easiest songs in the world but they get the idea after that lol.

You will probably want something with more then 2 chords tho

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I like jazz, but I could never play it. You just sit there with a guitar the size of a Chevy on your chest, wearing a stupid hat, playing the same solo for an hour." - Dave Mustaine

I love that quote!

For easy, straightforward acousticy songs, I suggest(I've never field tested these with any girls BTW):

Something - The Beatles
Slide - Goo Goo Dolls
There She Goes - The La's
Wonderwall - Oasis
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Stay - U2
213 - Slayer (if this one helps you get laid, you are the MASTER!! ;) )

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say 'Dust in the wind" even though I hate that song, but it has a cool guitar line, and it makes chicks melt.

Fleetwood Mac songs would be good too. I dont know any chick that cant sing along 'players only love you when they're playin.' Get them to sing along!

I play them a little bit of everything. I'll start with some good Iron Maiden riffs, then old Megadeth, and Ac/Dc, then I always throw in something cool that I wrote, so they ask me who it is, and I say "me." I think that makes em a little moist.

If you can learn some crazy flamenco song, I think that would get em going too.

Diversify. Play something pretty, something technical, to wow them, something they can sing along too, to get them involved, and something that rocks, so they see you as the rock star.

I usually just get them to come to my shows, for the full effect.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Johnson's music puts me to sleep, but I've yet to hear of a girl who didn't like him. That guy must be tearing up some ass. Then of course there's always the old Sublime classics. Girls universally love those.

I'm really into Jose Gonzalez right now. This guy is making me want to pick up an acoustic guitar and learn to play. If you can pick up a few of songs to put in the arsenal, you'll be set.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same boat here. Been playiing for years and missed many many obvious signs about girls interested in me because of guitar.

Metacomet

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wonderwall - Oasis
Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven
Only decent recommendations made so far. You'll have no trouble learning these.

I've been playing guitar for almost 10 years and writing songs and singing for about 5...

I would say it's really nice to play things that you have written yourself when it comes to impressing females. I have blown out other guitarists who played the same old ****, someone elses stuff... saying 'This is mine' makes a noticeable difference... especially when they like it.

However if you have a good singing voice you can sell any song.

I totally understand what the OP means about his jazz guitar... not sure what to say since I've always had my own style based on rythm/blues and yes laid back acoustic is now the style.

I had a friend who was wicked awesome at bluegrass guitar. No attention whatsoever from females.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like playing blues. BB King, Eric clapton (tears in heaven is pretty simple), Stevie Ray Vaughan and ect.

Just get into it when you play and get her into it with you. Muscians are entertainers. Entertain her with your music.

Like meta said; playing your own music works too. They like it cause its new and creative.

Silvertip

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everlong.

Classic song and as close to a guarantee as there is. You can thank me later.