Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guitar for a beginner?

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have never played guitar before, but I am thinking of taking it up. I want to get a nice, relatively cheap acoustic guitar to learn on. Any suggestions? Under $100 would be great.

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
http://www.guitarherogame.com/

it's called guitar hero. who needs the real thing when you can do it the virtual way?
People who actually want to play music and not masturbate along with pre-determined button combos.

There's plenty of cheap guitars out there, and honestly when you are a beginner the exact type of guitar doesn't really matter, just go for anything cheap and reliable.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zero Hero said:
Hey guys, I have never played guitar before, but I am thinking of taking it up. I want to get a nice, relatively cheap acoustic guitar to learn on. Any suggestions? Under $100 would be great.
Anything. You'll regret it no matter what. :crackup:

It's the natural progression. As you learn, you'll find flaws in it. And if you get really interested you'll research more and ifnd another one which fits you. That will be your second guitar.

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My first guitar was a Yamah F310 - great deal for the money. I have a 1100 dollar Martin acoustic now, and sometimes I swear the Yamaha sounds just as good.

Zero Hero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a Hohner any good? I might buy it online, but its only $50 which seems really cheap.

adpreston1988

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My first guitar was a Seagull I got at Erb David's in Lansing, Michigan. It was about $400, but I'm still using it to this day.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but whats a good method of learning guitar? It seems all the beginner guitar sites like to teach you old "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes" type stuff.

I know I'm not gonna start playing some Satriani right off the bat, but what are some good easy songs?

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
Not to hijack the thread, but whats a good method of learning guitar? It seems all the beginner guitar sites like to teach you old "She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes" type stuff.

I know I'm not gonna start playing some Satriani right off the bat, but what are some good easy songs?
There are plenty of good books out there that deal with the basics but the quickest way to learn is opposite someone. Try to find someone you know who plays and get them to teach you chords. Then it's just a case of practice, practice, practice.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
I got my son a nice Acoustic Washburn as his first guitar. They aren't too expensive, sound really good for the cost and they are very sturdy. He's had that guitar for over 4 years and it's still in perfect condition...and he kinda sucks at taking care of his stuff.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire said:
I got my son a nice Acoustic Washburn as his first guitar. They aren't too expensive, sound really good for the cost and they are very sturdy. He's had that guitar for over 4 years and it's still in perfect condition...and he kinda sucks at taking care of his stuff.
Huh. Fancy that. I'm playing mine right now!! Yeah you can't go wrong with Washburn's. Mine was £200 down to £170 in sale (that's like $320) but it sounds great. Good vibrant sound. I'm not surprised your son's still playing it. Good choice!

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Ripper said:
Huh. Fancy that. I'm playing mine right now!! Yeah you can't go wrong with Washburn's. Mine was £200 down to £170 in sale (that's like $320) but it sounds great. Good vibrant sound. I'm not surprised your son's still playing it. Good choice!
Yep...he's had several people want to buy it from him for more than we paid for it. People who play really like the sound it has. They're sturdy, too.