Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guide for Geeks/Nerds/etc

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are socially inept. You have few friends and your life revolves around an inanimate object for example computers/RPGs and whatnot.

Yet you still want to 'get girls'. It does not make sense.

Not unless you change yourself.

The fact that you are here shows that you want to make things better. So I will show you how.

First off. If you are the type of person who gets bullied by the cool guys like sports players then something has to be changed.

1. Sports. Many non-sportspeople hate sports because they were lousy at it in school . Hence a good way to get fit is to start non-competitive jogging. You're unhealthy if you don't exercise much. So start to jog and all the confidence will pour in. And don't forget the gym too.

2.New interests. Something that will make you meet people and interact with them. For example, take up a class at a local activity centre like dancing or cake making .

3.Smile at people and look at them in the eye. This will take some time . This has been elaborated upon many times in this forum so do a search. Ditto for confidence.

4.Get some cool clothes. Look at what the 'cool' people are wearing and then go get yourself some nice shirts, pants,watch,shoes.

5. Skin and hygeine. Clear up your face and get a good haircut.

Forget about exerting your 'personal identity'. You have been different for years and look what that has got you. Be one of the crowd. The popular crowd. Learn from the 'in' people . Pick up some tips from them. Then develop a positive style . Being different is good only if done in a positive way.

It will be a long and difficult process and you will certainly meet many obstacles along the way. Everytime you feel like quitting, think about your old self and tell yourself that that has done nothing for you except bring you unhappiness.

Darkart

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are more and more geek girls everday.

And not all of them are ugly either, most are, but that is changing too.

Alot of those male programmers in california are getting sugery and hitting the weights now too. Alot of hot women are also learning computers at college now, because if your a female programmer/graphical artist/etc etc, you are guarenteed high paying jobs, now programming firms won't have to hire female secretaries just so that they can tell the feds they employ some women.

I'm serious. You certainly don't have to give up being a geek to look good. In fact, staying inside all the time will ensure when your 50 you'll look 30 while all outdoorsy health freaks look like prunes. Honestly, ever see those people that tan themselves when they are old, ACK!

Buy some weights or something, just schedule 45 minutes a day to improving your body, the rest you can do whatever you want. If that's playing sports fine, but if that's learning a useful skill, like SQL programming, even better.

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jtws..... I just gotta point out that you sound pretty ignorant..... at least on the subject of "geeks".... it seems all you know is the stereotypical geek stuff..... which in most cases is false

Being a geek doesn't mean you cut off any human contact that isn't done accross a computer terminal, or that you are entirely socially inept, overweight, and with bad hygiene.
I guess you could classify me as a "geek", because I spend a good amount of time on the computer. I also go out on weekends, talk to girls, have lots of friends, play sports, and I happen to have good hygiene :D

Maybe you should have addressed this post to "shy guys who have enwrapped themselves in RPG's"....

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YO buddy, I was a geek once, and what I've written is what I did to get me out of geekdom.

Oh, I did know SQL programming once together with a command of Java & C/C++, though they are now forgetten since I have better things to do like sports.

Seloifter, what you are doing is good. At least you have a life outside computers, but many 'geeks' don't have much of a life , besides they are physically feeble.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This post has good ideas... but ruins the delivery by saying to be the same as everyone else who's "cool".

-----------You are socially inept. You have few friends and your life revolves around an inanimate object for example computers/RPGs and whatnot.

Yet you still want to 'get girls'. It does not make sense.-------------

Yes it does. What doesn't make sense about any non-gay or non-asexual guy wanting to "get girls"? Pull your head out of your ass dude.

----------Not unless you change yourself.-----------

You can still be yourself but change aspects of you. Like I said, being the same as everyone else isn't the only option.

-----------The fact that you are here shows that you want to make things better. So I will show you how.

First off. If you are the type of person who gets bullied by the cool guys like sports players then something has to be changed.

1. Sports. Many non-sportspeople hate sports because they were lousy at it in school . Hence a good way to get fit is to start non-competitive jogging. You're unhealthy if you don't exercise much. So start to jog and all the confidence will pour in. And don't forget the gym too.--------

Weightlifting = muscles = GIRL MAGNETS. *gives this one his stamp of approval* And take karate or another martial art if you want to learn the art of self-defense (and meet people too). Not to mention that for those particular Japan-geeks (love anime and japanese games), a Japanese martial art might earn you brownie points ^_^

---------.New interests. Something that will make you meet people and interact with them. For example, take up a class at a local activity centre like dancing or cake making .---------

Or find a way to interact with people with similar interests. Like a school club. Or better yet both.

---------3.Smile at people and look at them in the eye. This will take some time . This has been elaborated upon many times in this forum so do a search. Ditto for confidence.-----------

I give this the "damn straight" seal of approval.

---------4.Get some cool clothes. Look at what the 'cool' people are wearing and then go get yourself some nice shirts, pants,watch,shoes.-----------

Not necessarily. You don't have to be a trendy to fit in.

------5. Skin and hygeine. Clear up your face and get a good haircut.---------

If it's a problem, then true. A haircut change is only necessary if you have something really bad, like a mullet...

---------Forget about exerting your 'personal identity'. You have been different for years and look what that has got you. Be one of the crowd. The popular crowd. Learn from the 'in' people . Pick up some tips from them. Then develop a positive style . Being different is good only if done in a positive way.----------

WRONG. Of course it's good to take tips from what the "in crowd" does right, but you can also mix in personal identity. Don't just be the same as everyone else; a little variety is the spice of life. Be a geek if you want to, just don't be a stupid geek. I know lots of fun, social "geeks" who are pretty popular themselves.

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that if one reads Jtws' advice along with DJ Girevik's caveats, any "geek" should be in fine shape. And not just literally. :D

BGMan

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF GEEKS = Computer very skilled person, then I am one!

However:

You are socially inept. You have few friends and your life revolves around an inanimate object for example computers/RPGs and whatnot.

no not me. I DO play games, because I find them fun and it's one of my hobby. But I still go out with friends, and my life does'nt revolve around games or anything. I don't play online MORPGs (Everquest)

I'm way cooler than those jocks, many of them is my friends. I think they look up to me.

1. Sports. Many non-sportspeople hate sports because they were lousy at it in school . Hence a good way to get fit is to start non-competitive jogging. You're unhealthy if you don't exercise much. So start to jog and all the confidence will pour in. And don't forget the gym too.

I'm good at soccer, and I'm very fast at running. Gym is one of my favorite classes.

2.New interests. Something that will make you meet people and interact with them. For example, take up a class at a local activity centre like dancing or cake making .

I do karate in a club.

3.Smile at people and look at them in the eye. This will take some time . This has been elaborated upon many times in this forum so do a search. Ditto for confidence.
Agreed. It's my second nature. Now I have almost unlimited confidence.

4.Get some cool clothes. Look at what the 'cool' people are wearing and then go get yourself some nice shirts, pants,watch,shoes.

I have a cloth style very similar to those you see the guys wear in Swingers.

5. Skin and hygeine. Clear up your face and get a good haircut.

I have a good haircut, and my face is clean. I don't have glasses or acnes like the stereotype geek.

And ofcourse I'm very skilled when it comes to computer stuff, and for that I'm a geek and proud of it.

I want to be versatile like this man:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey! im a geek!

- i've been programming in the following languages for four years (visual basic 6.0, c/c++, html, java)
- i play video games...oh ****...i PLAY RPGs too once in awhile!! omg... (although sc online is my favorite)
- my major in the future will probably be something geeky!! (software engineering or computer science)
- im good at making webpages and im one of those web blog geeks that writes in an online journal every now and then.
- i like to write (poems... and rarely stories) [is that considered geeky?]
- i wear glasses, why yes.
- i like anime! (thats geeky too) and i wanna play that new DBZ game on ps2.
- i play the piano, and i like classical music. (some would consider it geeky).
- sometimes when i have nothing to do at night on a weekend, i play games...games...and more games (starcraft).
- i write music... (thats not too geeky is it?)
- i write soulful r&b songs on my piano and record them with my voice and my own written lyrics on my computer.
- i rap, write my own lyrics, and make beats. (and occassionally attempt to freestyle....terrible -_-).
- i have a good amount of friends both male and female (oh yeah...geeks have friends too).
- im in my own rapping group and also my own singing group (im still a geek?)
- i play basketball in my spare time (i love basketball).
- i DJ girls whenever it is possible (oh no...the geek just crossed the line!)
- i participate in many talent shows
- i love to dance and am actually quite good at it (break-dance and pop-locking).
- i always attempt to go somewhere on the weekends (times i cant go are when i cant find rides).
- im on a workout routine and serious about my diet monday through thursday (my metabolism is pretty good so i eat whutever on the weekends)
- i know of many females who have an attraction for me (am i STILL a geek?)
- i always dress nicely and come in different everyday.
- im not afraid to do KINO.
- i have a girlfriend (oooh)

AM I STILL A GEEK?

i think u get the point...alot of u are probably pissed at me for this reply, but just becuz u play games and program and all that **** doesn't mean that ur a geek. as long as u even things out and put time in other activities that will get u recognized, do whutever the f*ck u want. when i get older, im going to be the leader of my own company (geeky huh?). u can call me whatever u want, but i do not think of those qualities as being "geeky." i think of them as something that will help me be successful in life.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^I don't see why anyone but JTWS would be pissed about that. That reply kinda bursts his bubble :D

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Nasty,

I use to play SC quite a bit back in the day. Too much actually.

I bet I could beat you in 1v1.

:cool:

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yeah? u weren't more of a GEEK in sc than i was... but i was never good at 1v1s

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually engineers are bigger geeks than computer science majors. There are alot more girls in computer careers than engineering because it's easier than the traditional engineering program.

So alot of these engineers have no experience with women at all!

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Darkart

In fact, staying inside all the time will ensure when your 50 you'll look 30 while all outdoorsy health freaks look like prunes.

I totally disagree with this statement. The more active you are, the younger you will look when you start to age.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtws

Forget about exerting your 'personal identity'. You have been different for years and look what that has got you. Be one of the crowd. The popular crowd. Learn from the 'in' people . Pick up some tips from them.

I dont think this statement is true. If anything, tryin to BE one of the incrowd placed me further away from it. Being a DJ and doing what I and ONLY I wanted to do got me into the "in crowd".

jtws

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do believe different people from different parts of the world have different definitions of the word "Geek".

Darkart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mack Of All Trades
I totally disagree with this statement. The more active you are, the younger you will look when you start to age.

Actually, the more your out in the sun the older you will look. You skin doesn't replenish itself 100% after sun exposure. Have you ever seen a 30 year old native american? They look like a 80 year old causcasian as far as wrinkles go, because the sun damages your skin. All those hotties tanning themselves at the beach will look fugly when they are old. You can use sunblock etc etc, but all the non-geeks need a tan to prove they are active, so they sacrifce the last 40 years of thier life for 10 years of "Ohh he's so hot" now.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in good shape, I have studied the DJ tactics, but I still occasionally get the geek tag. Why? Because I'm intelligent and this seems to make some girls feel inferior. I don't talk about my line of work with them, I think it is the fact that I can speak in complete sentences and without the ghetto accent alot of the so called "cool" guys talk with.

I make no apologies for that. I'm in my late 20's and I have accomplished things in life. Unfortunately alot of the girls in their younger 20's who can barely write a complete sentence think that I am a brainiac. I refuse to dumb myself down for them.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jtws
I do believe different people from different parts of the world have different definitions of the word "Geek".
well i've lived in America for 16 years out of the 16 years i've been living so far. but yeah, its probably easier to call someone a geek in America rather than in another country.