Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Growing Taller...by stretching?

blueskin

Reaction score
I read that you can actually increase your height by doing stretches once everyday.

I tried doing research on this through google but it was just a lot of those pay sites and ads and everything.

Has anybody heard about this?

I'm 17 and 5'6.

If anybody has any info please post it. Thanks :confused:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Impossible, how is stretching going to change your bone structure?

Im 17 and 5'9-5'10. Being 5'6 must be tough but who cares man.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A good amount of people could add an inch or even more by correcting their posture.

Wuzzup

Don Juan
Reaction score
no i think its stretching your legs, not spine, i saw something like that on TV before. but I think it's like a whole surgery and operation and stuff, I dunno

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can also grow taller if you take a bite of the right mushroom from Wonderland :rolleyes:

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by blueskin
I read that you can actually increase your height by doing stretches once everyday.

I tried doing research on this through google but it was just a lot of those pay sites and ads and everything.

Has anybody heard about this?

I'm 17 and 5'6.

If anybody has any info please post it. Thanks :confused:
Don't get your hopes up. None of that shyt works. Your height is pretty much set in stone by genetics/Mother Nature.

A very unscientific way of figuring out if you are going to grow any more. (To be absolutely sure, go get your "growth plates' x-rayed)

1. How tall are your parents? (particularly your father)

2. How tall are the men in your immediate family (uncles, grandparents, older brothers, etc.)

3. Don't lie. You're only lying to yourself if you do.

D

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
You can also grow taller if you take a bite of the right mushroom from Wonderland :rolleyes:
lol

I like this chick.

Rub'N a limb up and down for a few minutes does make it grow longer too. oh **** wait, that only works with the penis.

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't know if it's a myth or not but since i've been small i've been told that jumping sports such as basketball, volleyball, etc. can make you grow.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drug_L0rd
i don't know if it's a myth or not but since i've been small i've been told that jumping sports such as basketball, volleyball, etc. can make you grow.
If you're desperate enough, I guess you'll believe anything.

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
Myth.
work on your spine/ posture if you must.
besides, i was ~160 cm (5' and a little more) when I was 14 - 15 yrs old and now I am 183 (and I could still gain a cm or two on correct posture - 20 yrs).

and one of my schoolmates was the same.
he was the smallest in the class op to the point of the last year in the middle school, where he was almost equivalent to me)-

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's kind of a "half-truth." You're taller when you wake up in the morning than when you go to bed, sometimes by as much as an inch, due to the amount of stress placed on your vertebrae during the day when you're on your feet. You're not gonna GAIN height by stretching, but it's good for your back.

Hannibal

Don Juan
Reaction score
just a thought, my uncle was 5'6 when he was about 30 then he went to florida for 2-3 years where he ate almost nothing but oranges the entire time because he lived next to a grove, he returned and alas he was 5'10, perhaps the vitamin C?

Wuzzup

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hannibal
just a thought, my uncle was 5'6 when he was about 30 then he went to florida for 2-3 years where he ate almost nothing but oranges the entire time because he lived next to a grove, he returned and alas he was 5'10, perhaps the vitamin C?
WTF????
yo lets all eat oranges!!!

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hannibal
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Once your growth plates are closed I don't think you can open them again.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you know that a lot of tall guys wish they were shorter?

Well its true.. the fact is that it is a lot easier to look buff if your a short guy than a real lengthy guy.

and if your both really buff, and really tall (6'3+) like Lou Ferigno, then you start looking like Godzilla or the Hulk...although intimidating, i wouldnt really wana have a body like Godzilla.

Remember, rocky was only in the 5'7 range and look how kickass strong he was. Or look at Jean Claude Van Damme.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Latte
It's kind of a "half-truth." You're taller when you wake up in the morning than when you go to bed, sometimes by as much as an inch, due to the amount of stress placed on your vertebrae during the day when you're on your feet. You're not gonna GAIN height by stretching, but it's good for your back.
There's some truth in your statement. But I think an inch is an exaggeration, an inch can be very consipicious.