growing tall

Bryce556

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok well im 15 almost 16 and im only 5'6". i would like to grow taller is there anyway supplements or anything that could help me do this? I work out and weight train regularly and am pretty fit. I try to eat healthy. But recently I have seemed to stop growing. How can I increase my growth?

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you tell me im 18 and im 5"5.

edit: my bad didn't realize there was such a big difference between 5.5 and 5.6 i'm used to centimeters. used an online converter and im closer to 5.6. 5.8 would be a nice height.

Last edited:

Azidoro

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do a search on the forum

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your prob going to grow some more at 15, so dont worry about it. I was supposed to be UNDER 5' tall, but I took HGH for 3 years many many years ago. (before you were born) Mine was for MEDICAL purposes and a GH deficiency.

My suggestion is that unless you are going to be VERY short, dont worry about it. Its not a huge deal. And look at it this way, its better to brag about being small and short and throwing up big weight. :)

When you see guys taller and bigger throwing up the same stuff or less, it makes you happy, or at least it makes me happy.

And look at your bodybuilders as well. Not that you want to be one, but they are all in the range of 5'5-5'9 minus a handful of them.

Yeah, i'll admit that sometimes it sucks when your around taller dudes, but I always use my strength and physique to help me get past that sometimes. I'll be like... So what, the dude is tall. Bet he is a pansy too.

Or i'll make some smart ass comment to a girl I know about... Your boyfriend may be tall, but I bet I could beat his ass hand down in the gym.

Or sometimes i'll get a small joke from a guy and then go... Bet I can out lift your ass, and second, I look better than you. So yeah, your girlfriend should be scared. :)

Its all mentality for me, and what ever I can do to make me see the other side, I use it to my advantage. I remember the first time I stepped into the weight room I was scared ****less in a way.

Now I go in there like I own the place, and know, I go quite well for the size I am, and no one every says a word because when they see me workout, they usually are in awe.

I know that wasn't what you wanted, but i'm fine with my height, and if I was taller, that would mean more weight to push and gain just to look good.

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about it too much. Mark Wahlberg is 5'7" but no one is gonna call him out on that, cuz he's got the strength to make up for it.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exercise, sprints, pull ups. Get your hormones flowing. I had huge growth spurt right after I started doing weighted pull ups when I was 14. Maybe it was natural, maybe it was the hormones from exercising, maybe it was the spinal decompression.

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
Your prob going to grow some more at 15, so dont worry about it. I was supposed to be UNDER 5' tall, but I took HGH for 3 years many many years ago. (before you were born) Mine was for MEDICAL purposes and a GH deficiency.

My suggestion is that unless you are going to be VERY short, dont worry about it. Its not a huge deal. And look at it this way, its better to brag about being small and short and throwing up big weight. :)

When you see guys taller and bigger throwing up the same stuff or less, it makes you happy, or at least it makes me happy.

And look at your bodybuilders as well. Not that you want to be one, but they are all in the range of 5'5-5'9 minus a handful of them.

Yeah, i'll admit that sometimes it sucks when your around taller dudes, but I always use my strength and physique to help me get past that sometimes. I'll be like... So what, the dude is tall. Bet he is a pansy too.

Or i'll make some smart ass comment to a girl I know about... Your boyfriend may be tall, but I bet I could beat his ass hand down in the gym.

Or sometimes i'll get a small joke from a guy and then go... Bet I can out lift your ass, and second, I look better than you. So yeah, your girlfriend should be scared. :)

Its all mentality for me, and what ever I can do to make me see the other side, I use it to my advantage. I remember the first time I stepped into the weight room I was scared ****less in a way.

Now I go in there like I own the place, and know, I go quite well for the size I am, and no one every says a word because when they see me workout, they usually are in awe.

I know that wasn't what you wanted, but i'm fine with my height, and if I was taller, that would mean more weight to push and gain just to look good.
lol no offense but what you just said was the classic small guy syndrome. You're insecure about your height so you go to the gym and come out looking like a troll. (not saying you are a troll, just saying thats what most ppl end up looking like due to lots of muscles but not enough height) btw im not saying your short or anything just saying the above stated weren't very good reasons.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height is predetermined. The only thing that will prevent you reaching your predetermined height is malnutrition.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
int3l said:
lol no offense but what you just said was the classic small guy syndrome. You're insecure about your height so you go to the gym and come out looking like a troll. (not saying you are a troll, just saying thats what most ppl end up looking like due to lots of muscles but not enough height) btw im not saying your short or anything just saying the above stated weren't very good reasons.
Not really. I'm fine with my height, but the point is that if you have an advantage at something you can use it.

You may see a tall guy pick on some scrawny kids or nerd or who knows what, and the kid has nothing to say back.

Most the time though it isn't an issue, and when I do get short jokes, its by people I know, and then they go... But you could still kick my ass in the gym. Its all fun and games but i've found something I love to do, and IF the time comes, I will STILL YOUR GIRLFRIEND RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU :yes:

And sorry, no troll about it. I dont look that in the least.

I just used to have nothing to say when I was real young and WAY shorter. I had no comebacks, or nothing for people to go... Ha ha, he just told you. But now I do, so I keep it in the back pocket, that's all i'm saying.

Carrying around a gun with no bullets does you no good unless you want to try and beat someone with it. Its when you have the ammo it does good.

Truth be told, i'm glad i'm not much taller cause then for what I do, i'd have to lift more and weigh more, so i'm all fine with it. You dont see too many 6'+ bodybuilders out there, or even too many that are 5'10 or more.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bryce, make sure you drink a lot of milk, and eat a lot of protein.
Try to take some mineral supplements. And that's it.
If you want to grow optimally, to your body's highest possible genetic potential, don't become MALNOURISHED, dude.
Eat right. Eat healthy.
Basically you need calcium for bones and teeth, and amino acids for growth homone and musle tissue, skin, hair, and nails.

Ryan69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Carrying around a gun with no bullets does you no good unless you want to try and beat someone with it

LOL

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
when I was 17 i was 4'11 i wasnt expected to grow any more maybe a inche or so. I grew too 5'10 in less then a year through stretching my limbs all the time. BY tying my legs to my bed post and getting my brother to pull my arms for like 2 minutes a night it stretched me

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
onyx said:
when I was 17 i was 4'11 i wasnt expected to grow any more maybe a inche or so. I grew too 5'10 in less then a year through stretching my limbs all the time. BY tying my legs to my bed post and getting my brother to pull my arms for like 2 minutes a night it stretched me
That's funny stuff, and anyone that believes it... :kick: I hope no one listens to that.

Stark

Don Juan
Reaction score
well what i would like to know is is it possible to have a growth spurt after you are 17 years old... i stopped growing at 15 and ive been 5' 7" every since. i just wish i was taller :/

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stark said:
well what i would like to know is is it possible to have a growth spurt after you are 17 years old... i stopped growing at 15 and ive been 5' 7" every since. i just wish i was taller :/
I hope so! I'm 17 right now and about 5 10. I wanna reach 6 though, my ultimate goal!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about your height...please.

You don't need words of wisdom... Just don't worry about **** you can't change, it will tear you apart.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dude I was small as **** when I was 17 like 5'5 or something...I was still growing upto last year when I was 20 i'm only abt 5'10 though