Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Great movie to watch for DJ's

SoylentGreen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw a good one last night, (actually I fell asleep but will finish it tonight, It was excellent but I was crazy tired)...anyway, I saw the first 30 - 40 minutes so far and I was really moved. The movie is called Roger Dodger and the main character was what most women would call a jerk, but he knows what he is doing and he was getting results. He is totally an "alpha male" and I see now the differences between someone like me talking to a woman versus someone like him.

I go up to girls all nicey-nice and I can usually get phone numbers but no sex, I become their friend because I have hit on them in a "friendly" way and so the pattern is set in place for our relationship right there...I think I have got to start being more forward and sexual in my advances right from the get-go, in order to build a good sexual tension between the woman and I.

This movie helped to show me why this is important. I haven't even seen it all, but I will finish it tonight and post my thoughts on it. I have never been more cognizant of what an alpha male is until now, its mind-boggling the difference between myself and this type of male. Even with only seeing the first 40 minutes or so, I can say that this movie would be excellent for those wondering what exactly an alpha male is...

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It certainly is a great movie... but it's not really that supportive of a DJ lifestyle. The guy is totally an arrogant pain in the ass who lies through his teeth when necessary ("every night").

Feek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I liked the movie "Alfie". Granted, he was a caricature with zero boundaries, but it's a great movie for a study in body language.

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, Alfie was great. I should watch it again,lol.

rainmker

Reaction score
NO Doubt

Rodger Dodger is an excellent DJ movie. Of course, the character embodies the dictionary definition of a sadist, not to mention a bad case of self-destructive behavior, but as far as DJ skills are concerned, its awesome.

Very funny movie.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revolver by Guy Richie. It's way deeper than just an average gangster flick. Good thoughts on inner game and ego.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The heartbreak kid with Ben Stiller.

Watch what he does in that movie, do everything the opposite, and you will be fine.

SoylentGreen

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I saw the end of Roger Dodger and I think it was...ok. I see that - as someone mentioned above - the guy is a bit of a "sadist" however. He definitely has some/alot of the skills I have read about on here, but there are a few things he did which I did not agree with:

1)Offered his 16 yr old nephew cigarettes
2)Told his nephew to get girls drunk to bed them. (I know this is common to most but I don't like this method)
3)Hounding his female co-worker after she dumped him
There are a few more that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

I think this movie was enlightening, but more on how NOT to act. He was good at generating interest and keeping the convo sexual (two good traits) but overall, he was a bit of an ass, going waaay too far with the negs and being overly negative in general. He went in for the kiss with Elizabeth Berkeley VERY prematurely and he was definitely NOT calm, cool and collected when he went to his co-workers party. In fact, he acted quite immaturely.

I have seen both versions of Alfie and it is a much better movie in my opinion.

Here are some other good ones I've seen in the past:

Boomerang
How To Be a Player
Swingers
Carnal Knowledge
Tao of Steve

Anyway...I should probably FINISH movies in the future, before I post about how "great" they are. Although...Roger Dodger can be used in an educational way for an aspiring dj like myself so hey, I did some good perhaps.

azrael

Don Juan
Reaction score
SoylentGreen said:
So I saw the end of Roger Dodger and I think it was...ok. I see that - as someone mentioned above - the guy is a bit of a "sadist" however. He definitely has some/alot of the skills I have read about on here, but there are a few things he did which I did not agree with:

1)Offered his 16 yr old nephew cigarettes
2)Told his nephew to get girls drunk to bed them. (I know this is common to most but I don't like this method)
3)Hounding his female co-worker after she dumped him
There are a few more that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

I think this movie was enlightening, but more on how NOT to act. He was good at generating interest and keeping the convo sexual (two good traits) but overall, he was a bit of an ass, going waaay too far with the negs and being overly negative in general. He went in for the kiss with Elizabeth Berkeley VERY prematurely and he was definitely NOT calm, cool and collected when he went to his co-workers party. In fact, he acted quite immaturely.

I have seen both versions of Alfie and it is a much better movie in my opinion.

Here are some other good ones I've seen in the past:

Boomerang
How To Be a Player
Swingers
Carnal Knowledge
Tao of Steve

Anyway...I should probably FINISH movies in the future, before I post about how "great" they are. Although...Roger Dodger can be used in an educational way for an aspiring dj like myself so hey, I did some good perhaps.
i have a little bit of free time when you 1st post about this movie so i download it;)

4) his fail safe method was to get his nephew to a prostitute to get the "job" done:nono:

but yeah i dont see roger as a dj but more as a some sort of player

Jesus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just watched the movie. Liked it quite a bit actually. I'd hardly call him a DJ, though. One interesting thing is that, even if he is good with women, it's not actually displayed in the movie. I guess most of the time he does come off as though he just doesn't care and he's just being an ashole, but he never got any women in the movie. Only managed to piss them off. He also had quite a bit of "oneitis" for that one woman who looked like she was in her 40s. He did seem to know what he was talking about, though.

buster69

Don Juan
Reaction score
And at 39 when the movie was made Jennifer Beals is still hot. She played Sophi..the girl that kissed the kid.
And if she kissed me like that when I was 16 my hands would be down her knickers straight away!!!!!!

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azrael said:
i

4) his fail safe method was to get his nephew to a prostitute to get the "job" done:nono:
What is wrong with that?

I saw that benjamin button movie tonight and his first time was in a brothel in new orleans. I thought that was great, and it has me wishing we had brothels nowadays. It's not fair.

stupid religious folk and women who want to regulate access to vagina in order to maintain a monopoly.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cast Away

That is how a real Man would handle loneliness.

Although I doubt any of us here are going to be stranded on an island anytime soon, the metaphor is there and is amazing.

Anyone else agree?

I saw this movie last week and this thread got me thinking that, "Hey wait a minute, Tom Hanks' character is a perfect representation of a Man handling loneliness and a Man living with a purpose who never gives up right until the end."

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched Roger Dodger last night. I'm thinking its a product of the Matrix. His character is a caricature of a DJ. You can be a DJ without being an azz, sleep with many women without wrecking your life,pickup without smoking and drinking. In the Matrix speak-get married or this can happen to you.

While I think the character is an alpha[to a degree] and shocks his nephew out of his sheltered life/thoughts about sex; I can't call him a DJ. He went out of his way to alienate women,slept with his boss,was self distructive[lipstick in the bathroom],lied to women and his nephew. My 15 year old will watch it-and know better than half is wrong,but he can learn from the other half.