Gray Hair and Looks

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a couple of points I want to make here:

I've had graying hair for quite a few years now. It's never bothered me. Some women like gray hair, why I have no idea, but it's true. I've gotten better response from women since going gray, again not sure why. Now I notice I'm getting up there in years and once in awhile I think about covering some of it up. So does anyone here color their gray and have any comments about the experience?

I've heard leading guys in the seduction community advocate dying your hair it it goes gray. But I don't see myself ever coloring it. It would be nice to have dark hair again, if only for a week, but there seems to be some stigma about guys coloring their hair. It also tends to look fake on men. Women's hair can look fake because they're expected to dye their hair. I read a post on a message board that some woman made, it was something like this:
"I don't like guys who color their hair because it makes them look like they're insecure about getting older, and that's far more unnattractive than having gray hair".

I get her point, but to some extent, that sounds like BS to me. You might as well say "I don't like guys who work out because it makes them look like they're insecure about getting older and flabbier". Or "I don't like guys who wear contacts because it makes them look like they're insecure about needing glasses". Or "I don't like guys who shower because it makes them look insecure about their natural body odor". Or "I don't like guys who shave because it makes them look insecure about their facial hair". Etc.

Which brings me to the other point I wanted to make (finally). Guys aren't expected to color their hair. To me this supports the idea that women are not only interested in looks. If you look up female attitudes about males coloring their hair they often say males who dye their hair are vain, and that they can't believe males would take the time to color their hair because guys don't spend that much time on their looks. Again, this says to me that women are not that hung up on looks. It's the personality and other attributes that the man brings to the table.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have an older brother who is the stereotypical "silver fox". He has as many woman as he wants. They call him "distinguished" (he has no clue what to do with them , but that is another story)

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
"I don't like guys who color their hair because it makes them look like they're insecure about getting older, and that's far more unnattractive than having gray hair".
I think this really depends on how your hair looks when it is gray. I have an old high school buddy who went gray and now his hair always looks dirty. It's not a solid gray, it's peppered in there, but for some reason it always looks like his hair is unwashed. I thought for a while maybe his hygiene was slipping but I've seen him a few times after he had taken a shower: his hair was still wet so it obviously had been washed, but even freshly washed it still looked dirty for some reason.

If my gray hair comes in and looks like that, I'll be coloring it.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
george clooney's had grey hair for as long as i can remember.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like all women, even girls in their 20s, say they like gray hair on a man.

But women say all kinds of sh!t.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it may depend on your age. If you're hovering around 30 and going gray, maybe it's not a bad idea to do something about it. But when you're in your 40s or older, it can work very well.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know the only time you should listen to a woman? When she gives you fashion advice. That's about it. And sometimes even THAT is debatable.

When it comes to sh!t like this, women will spout a bunch of nonsense about wanting or not wanting this or that, but the first time a suave mofo says the right things to her all that sh!t goes right out the window.

I would bet that the majority of women would say that they don't want a guy who wears fake hair, but I wear fake hair and it hasn't had a damn bit of difference. I will tell a woman straight out. She will be in shock and disbelief since it looks like real hair, then she forgets about it and we talk about something else. I show up one day with a rocker style, then the next day with a comb down semi-conservative style. My next one is going to be a faux-hawk mullet. Yes, I rock.

If you act all insecure about ANYTHING women will look at it as a bad thing and will mirror you in thinking it is bad or shameful. Bullsh!t. You do whatever makes you look good.

The one caveat is that you need to make sure that it does improve your appearance. If I were wearing an old man rug, everyone would laugh at me. But I wear the latest and greatest. The same thing Burt Reynolds, Billy Shatner, Jeremy Pivens, Vince Vaughn, and many other celebs wear. If you get your hair colored, you might want to consult a stylist if you aren't happy with the results you get doing it yourself. Even if you do it yourself I seriously doubt that anyone would even know.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it both ways. Funny story from last year: A woman I dated kept ragging on me to let it grow gray since she thought it would look distinguished. No sh!t, she seemed to loose interest as it got grayer. I So I dyed it back and she later admitted she like it better dark.

It's a fact that I get more IOI's from women with it dyed.

Women, people in general, actually, are superficial as hell and I swear to god they will tell you to your face they like "distinguished" men, but their pvssy's vote for dark hair :)

You must answer the question: What makes you look your best? Do what makes you look best, its as simple as that. My gray hair simply does not look that good. I use Just for Men which is cheap and very easy. And, yeah, it looks natural. It takes some practice though.

boxingguy

Banned
Reaction score
Some women are full of it when it comes to subjects they perceive as sensitive to a man's ego. They'll tell you what they think you want to hear to come off as a "nice person" but in their mind they justify not accepting an offer of a date from youlater on as "Oh he's not my type". This however can turn around or will have a different outcome when a man places a higher social value on himself and doesn't care what she thinks and it shows with the way he carries himself and surrounds himself with other women.

I found it interesting once that they asked Donald Trump why he doesn't change his hairstyle as it is terrible. And he replied something to the effect of "It's my trademark. If I changed it I'd be perceived differently and not as recognizable." Basically telling them he didn't give a f*ck, he's Donald Trump and you're not. It kindof made me laugh and think about it and say to myself "he gets whomever he wants anyway" and still deals with losing and making billions so who are you to judge. I guess it's all in your confidence and comfort with grey hair. It's better than a bad balding pattern. If I had that I'd just shave it all off. Hair implants and or rugs are easily spotted and look ridiculous. IMHO.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I think it may depend on your age. If you're hovering around 30 and going gray, maybe it's not a bad idea to do something about it. But when you're in your 40s or older, it can work very well.
I have a few friends are are getting the salt and pepper look at 25, and I am finding a few gray's as I am closing in on 30. I kind of like it, but its not noticeable just yet - going to give it until age 35 or so. My hair is black, so anything in the white spectrum contrasts a great deal, and I like the black hair look right now.

Hair is one of the biggest sources of insecurities for guys I imagine. I would hate to be going bald by 30 as many of my friends are...some are even younger than I am!

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think gray is fine. Ive got a dozen or so at 27.

Just preference really. Sometimes if you color it, it can look really obvious and even worse. Trust me a chick knows how to spot colored hair!!

I think the general consensus is that gray adds to a man's look.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
boxingguy said:
Hair implants and or rugs are easily spotted and look ridiculous. IMHO.
Absolutely false.

Good hair transplants and good hairpieces are undetectable.

You only assume this to be true because you have seen how bad they CAN look, but I have seen both ends of the spectrum (I am in the biz) and I will tell you that YOU have seen hundreds of men in your lifetime who have had hair replacement and you were clueless because it looked completely natural.

Werman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinning on top, so I just shave my head with clippers without a guard. I'm graying enough on the sides so that it shows even with my head shaved.

Some girls will see this and pass, others don't care one way or the other, for others, it's a turn on. I'm currently seeing a girl who is an absolute freak in bed and loves my shaved head and gray hair.

Who cares? Just keep yourself neat and stylish, and you'll be good. As men, we get sized up on so much more than just looks. Just be the best man you can be, and you will find women who want you.

boxingguy

Banned
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Absolutely false.

Good hair transplants and good hairpieces are undetectable.

You only assume this to be true because you have seen how bad they CAN look, but I have seen both ends of the spectrum (I am in the biz) and I will tell you that YOU have seen hundreds of men in your lifetime who have had hair replacement and you were clueless because it looked completely natural.

So if you're in the buisness you'd be able to tell who's had them so they are detectable. Yes I'm sure a full head of dark or even mixed implanted/ hairpiece hair looks natural on a man when you're actually speaking with them and not walking down the street. It either looks cheap or oddly too "perfect". Implants for women are the same. Walking down the street or in a crowd is one thing. But being in a woman's or man's presence especially a relationship friends etc. is another story. People may not say it but they notice. Hairline too perfect, color etc...but hey maybe you do great buisness. How much would one of these amazing jobs cost? From....to? No offense but that's my humble opinion.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
boxingguy said:
So if you're in the buisness you'd be able to tell who's had them so they are detectable.
I can spot most of the obvious ones (as can most people) and I can spot SOME of the ones that aren't obvious to 99% of the public (only because I know exactly what to look for) but there are thousands of guys in every major city in the US that you would have absolutely no clue they have had anything done.

Yes I'm sure a full head of dark or even mixed implanted/ hairpiece hair looks natural on a man when you're actually speaking with them and not walking down the street. It either looks cheap or oddly too "perfect".
You don't know what you are talking about, because the only ones you have ever "seen" are the obvious ones. You were clueless when they were good, so you assume that they all look bad. False.

And my hair doesn't look "perfect" at all. I can spike it up exposing the entire hairline, show scalp, apply wax and go "messy"....you would have no clue unless I told you.

Walking down the street or in a crowd is one thing. But being in a woman's or man's presence especially a relationship friends etc. is another story.
I stand inches away talking to strangers on a daily basis, and I have never once gotten an odd look from anyone.

I have had women YANKING on my hair while I was fukking them, and they had no clue. Would they yank my hair if they thought it was fake? Of course not.

People may not say it but they notice. Hairline too perfect, color etc...but hey maybe you do great buisness
They don't notice mine. Probably because it isn't the stereotypical "too thick/too dark/ too perfect" piece.

And no, I don't sell them. I am involved in the business peripherally.

How much would one of these amazing jobs cost? From....to? No offense but that's my humble opinion.
Your opinion is based on ignorance (not to be confused with stupidity).

The cost varies, but a partial unit will start around $150 and will last for 3-5 months. I shave my entire head like Shatner. I get my stuff at manufacturer cost because I work with hair companies, but for a full unit like mine you can get them starting at about $175 (retail), but most companies charge $300-$400.

This is all based upon the DIY route where you buy from the internet and do most of the maintenance yourself. If you go to a salon you are going to pay more for the unit and extra for the service.

boxingguy

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for explaining it err.. nicely? lol. If I was being my normal wise ass self I probably would've responded "Methinks the lead in your "unit" is permeating your pea sized brain" Or "posting while wearing your "Made in China" hair-frisbee isn't fooling ANYONE" but you have written alot of great posts with good advice and seem like a cool dude.

By the way...that quote is perfect!!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
boxingguy said:
Thanks for explaining it err.. nicely? lol. If I was being my normal wise ass self I probably would've responded "Methinks the lead in your "unit" is permeating your pea sized brain" Or "posting while wearing your "Made in China" hair-frisbee isn't fooling ANYONE" but you have written alot of great posts with good advice and seem like a cool dude.

By the way...that quote is perfect!!
I don't know how much of what you "wanted" to say was a joke, but half of every joke is the truth, so I will respond on that premise.

This is exactly the kind of stuff that keeps men down. When you won't even consider the possibly that your preconceptions might be incorrect, you close yourself off from learning something new.

You talk in another post about "breaking out of the matrix". I got news for ya brother- WOMEN are only the tip of the iceberg. You have been lied to your entire life about MANY things.

I know familiarity is comforting, but take a couple of minutes to think about this and all of the other misconceptions you might have floating around in your head. When you clean out the cobwebs the world is a much better place.

But back to the subject......

Lets put it this way. The person who introduced me to non surgical hair replacement is a guy I know casually but had seen many times up close and in person, who one day whipped out his drivers license. I looked at it and asked him who it was. The bald guy with a scowl on his face that looked like a serial killer was him.

He explained that he was a member of a chain salon and that he pays a lot of money but it was one of the best things he ever did in his life. This guy is a high paid salesman. I wouldn't doubt it one bit. He felt like a new man. Good for him.

I was blown away, so I went home and researched it, took the plunge, and now, a few years later I am working with multi-million dollar companies to develop even better technology for non-surgical HR. I have been to conventions in in the US, Canada, and the UK, and people have traveled thousands of miles to see me in person to get an idea of whether or not they should take the plunge.

When I have a 22 yr old kid dragging his girlfriend with him to another country JUST to see me, and he is blown away by my appearance and decides to get started, I'm PREEEEETY sure that I pass the undetectability test which you do not believe is possible.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriends brother had one of those rugs, but his buddies found out and he got torn on unmercifully. I never heard of those things in the north east, but I guess they have demand in FL where he is from.

Its kind of like batman, you have to keep your fake hair identity under wraps. Your hair isn't just a person, its an incorruptible symbol of justice!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just figured out why women might like gray hair (other than daddy issues). In this day and age, it's almost distinctly male. Females generally color their gray and males generallly don't, so mostly they see gray hair on males. So perhaps they see it as a masculine thing.

grinder said:
I've done it both ways. Funny story from last year: A woman I dated kept ragging on me to let it grow gray since she thought it would look distinguished. No sh!t, she seemed to loose interest as it got grayer. I So I dyed it back and she later admitted she like it better dark.

It's a fact that I get more IOI's from women with it dyed.

Women, people in general, actually, are superficial as hell and I swear to god they will tell you to your face they like "distinguished" men, but their pvssy's vote for dark hair :)
Yeah, you make a good point there. It's frustrating that you can't listen to anything a woman says because it's completely unreliable.

I think most women would prefer the dark hair, but they probably don't like the IDEA of a guy dying it either. They may like the results (or not, if it looks fake). It's almost a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing. But there does seem to be a pretty fair number of women who actually like the gray, probably because it signals maturity. And face it, generally it looks a lot better on a guy than on a woman.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently there are things that you can do to restore your hair colour without having to dye it.

A lot of people swear by blackstrap molasses. Taking a spoon of that a day is supposed to reverse grey hair. There is also a chinese herbal remedy that is claimed can restore dark hair. I don't know the name, but google it and you should find it easily.