Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Grand Theft Auto 4

You going to buy it?

• Already preordered

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Picking it up on midnight

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Buying it sometime after release

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • WTF is GTA?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GTA 4 is coming out and I'll probably get it tomorrow. News articles say it's set to smash all sales records.

I'm bored and felt like making a poll.

Use this thread as you wish but no spoilers.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I seriously doubt its going to be any better than previous ones.

I hope it will be though since I've got it pre-ordered.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*shakes head* Didn't like the previous ones so don't plan on getting this one either.

I pretty much only have time to play games that are multiplayer like Mario Party 8 or Smash Bros. Melee or Mario Kart games. I like to play with other people.

comic_relief

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this one will be multiplayer comic relief.

Thats what everybody is excited about with this new GTA as far as I know.

Anyway anyone else getting it for the 360?

I am because I don't have a PS3 and besides acheivements are cool yo.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got it at 9 a.m. today. I didn't have to work today and I went to bed at 10:30 last night so I could play it all day. So far, it has been pretty impressive.

The layout of the city is amazing. I still haven't figured out multiplayer. Has anyone toyed with that yet?

If you're looking for some entertainment, go into Roman's house and watch the television. All of the shows are hilarious.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any noticeable gameplay differences Mike that make the experience smoother and more fun or is it pretty much standard fare and the same as the past GTA games?

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
*shakes head* Didn't like the previous ones so don't plan on getting this one either.

I pretty much only have time to play games that are multiplayer like Mario Party 8 or Smash Bros. Melee or Mario Kart games. I like to play with other people.

comic_relief

Dude if you have the new Mario Kart hook me up with your friend code and we can multiplayer.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I get Mario Kart I'll PM ya both my Wii friend code and we'll have a Sosuave race lmao.

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was either 5th or 6th to get mine at midnight... rolled out of game crazy 12:04 AM with the box :D This was after a couple people won a copy of the special addition. Think I was the first one to actualy purchase the SE :D

The controls are a bit different and took me about 20 min before I was able to actualy dig into the game, damn PS3 needed a firmware update then the game installed it self to the HDD. No load times after that though! Graphics look good on my standard TV. Gonna be a while before I get to see it at 1080P

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Any noticeable gameplay differences Mike that make the experience smoother and more fun or is it pretty much standard fare and the same as the past GTA games?
The controls are different like another poster said.

The thing I've noticed is, and I've played it for a good three hours total, the character you control is more human-like than in past GTAs. He has a conscience it seems, and it looks like the game is going to play out like a movie where the main character is kind of a broken man type who has to reconcile himself.

He is also human in that he can piss people off by not answering their phone calls or ignoring them. You date girls in the game and you can upset them or make them happy depending upon how you treat them. There's a broad who keeps calling you and wanting to know where you are at all times. I haven't tried to apply DJ tactics on her yet, so I don't know if the game is realistic in that aspect yet.

The detail is amazing. The radio and the TV are practically real. Very rarely do you hear a repeated song on the radio, and the TV shows are practically real.

Anybody tried multiplayer yet?

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
The detail is amazing. The radio and the TV are practically real. Very rarely do you hear a repeated song on the radio
How is that real? I hear the same damn songs everyday on some stations when I'm driving to school and back or around town :p

Daddy The Pimp, right now it's only out for PS3 and 360. A PC port may come out in a few years.

I got a Wii also but I don't have Mario Kart for it yet. Thank God I have some discipline or else I wouldn't do any homework and spend all day everyday playing video games.

Heck I haven't even picked up GTA yet. I'm a little behind in my math class and I know if I buy that game my grades will suffer. I'm going to catch up first then I can treat myself.