Got high on weed last night, something weird happened

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a pot head, but I'm no stranger to weed either. I smoke about once a month, sometimes not even. Last night, after being clean for about a month, I got some decent weed and got moderatly high.

I saw someone on tv talking about always being positive and always telling yourself how much you should love yourself and really believing it. So istarted doing that, what happened next is just out of this world.
I started to feel this overwhelming emotion of love. And the words "I love myself" kept looping inside my head. I felt compelled to just laugh and I started thinking about how I've hated myself thru most of my life and that now I've finally made ammends with myself. I then went to roommates and hugged and told them I really love them. Then I went to my room and started thinking about how much I want to hug my family and tell them that I feel deep love for them.
Then a feeling of joy overcame and I started to cry tears of joy for about 5-10 minutes. I started to think, this must be the feeling that Jesus felt for us. The feeling of love for no other reason than as a celebration of life.

Then it came to me the epiphamy that maybe loving myself is the only thing I need to achieve enlightenment.

I just wanted to share this with the interwebs and see if there is anybody else that has ever had something like happen to them.

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
No but I'm sure that's exactly what happened to people in the 60's. My opinion, if pot makes you feel good and realize why you're happy in life, that's great keep smokin' the kush, but don't let it become the core reason you find enlightenment.

If you can truly love yourself without having to do drugs, find the meaning of life etcetera that will be real happiness.

To answer the original OP so I'm not just blabbing lol, I'm really not a fan of dank, smoked it a couple times but was never into being high. What you descibe I usually feel after watching a good movie. (like American HIstory x)

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you need pot, alcohol or cigarettes to make you happy then what you're doing is just covering up for the pain in your life, which maybe the regret or disappointment of the past or fear of the future.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EA Gold said:
If you need pot, alcohol or cigarettes to make you happy then what you're doing is just covering up for the pain in your life...
Absolutely! I agree very much. I would also include caffeine, sugar, exercise, religion, or just about any other drug. Life is full of pain, which is why God made drugs.

Cry For Love

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of us wanna feel that way but there is a negative feedback loop from the interactions from the rest of life that drive us back into servility. As acceptance of yourself and self love is delusional if the environment you are in affirms otherwise.

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this same epiphany as I was drifting off to sleep one night.

Love is the best man. Dont be afraid to feel or show it.

Drdeee

Banned
Reaction score
I smoked hash yesterday, not much, just a ta-bit, last like 2 hours, but really good. My moment of clarity was realizing that clubs are made for and controlled by p*ssy. Obviously I can't even describe it now, not even if I wrote it down yesterday, thoughts while high are complicated and a single word could evoke a lot of complicated high thoughts. What you gotta do is just enjoy yourself and don't let the drug take over you, and I think that's what happened, since you been clean for a while, your immune system didn't have bodies for it, and it hit you real good. Dude, I suggest one hitter and some real good expensive weed or hash. You take one hit, and that oz last you a long time. I could smoke a gram for a week.

What I noticed I usually enjoy this stuff better when out with buddies, hanging out, drinking beer, hitting women. That's way better than smoking it at home alone, or at work, or whatever, you'll spend less and have more fun.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you may have induced a state of meditative self-hypnosis, which can involve looping a repetitive thought to yourself. All hypnosis is self-hypnosis, so there is no fundamental distinction between what you experienced and being hypnotized on stage in front of a live audience. The weed simply boosted the effect, as weed is an anti-depressant in low doses.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sell me what you are smoking.

all I want to do when I smoke weed is eat, bang, or play vidoe games.

im looking for a dime bag.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have similar experiences sometimes when I smoke, especially when i'm alone and haven't done it in a while. I was sitting on my porch one time smoking some dank herb and I realized how great my life is and that regardless of what happens I'd be happy just living in a van down by the river (literally my exact thought at the time haha).

I don't need drugs to feel this way, but its def more intense when you're baked. Sometimes after a good work out or just when i'm feeling good I look in the mirror and realize how much I have to be thankful for - health, financial security, friends, a roof over my head, etc.

Weed can def. help open your mind though and make you see the big picture. Katt Williams put it best - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed is a hell of a drug! Like the OP, I don't smoke that often, once every few months tops, but when I do, I always have what I like to call transcendental highs. Last time I smoked, I felt what can be described as this beam of energy pressing right in the middle of my forehead where the Third Eye is supposed to be and I feel like I am about to burst out of my body. Other times I have felt like I was time traveling or about to dimension hop.

My all time favorite story was when I was attending college the first time around my room mate and I smoked and ate some mushrooms. I was laying on the couch and I could I feel the entire universe vibrating in unison. I let this religious experience carry me off to sleep. When I awoke in the morning I realized the vibration was coming from the mini fridge next to the couch.