Got her number, we've been texting but I don't know how to escalate.

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed that she was checking me out and caught eyes a few times so I approached her, I asked her what she likes to do for fun and she said "Hiking.." and I asked if shes been to these hike spots and she said no she hasn't, so I said "we should hang out sometime" and she smiled and said "We should!" and she seemed very happy. I have the vibe that she's into me. I asked for her number and she gave it to me and 2 days later I called her but she didn't answer and quickly texted me saying that she was at work. I told her to just call me when she's done, but then she didn't and texted me the following morning saying she was really tired and fell asleep. Now today, texting has been pretty lame here's how the convo went:

HER: Hey! Sorry about last night. I knocked out!
ME: Whatchu up to today?
HER: I'm running errands. How about you?
ME: Just hanging out with my friends, what errands you running?
HER: Just buying necessities for my friend's birthday party tomorrow.

I'm stuck. I hate this text game because I want to just see her in person without me coming across as being needy. What should I do to escalate this as I feel like it's going no where.

goblin123

Don Juan
Reaction score
just ask her if shes up for coffee after she finishes shopping or something like that

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
You better do something fast or this girl will get bored with you FAST!!

Text her something funny.......anything.......get her to laugh first

Then wait a couple hours and call her on the phone

and say hey

let's go out (whever you want to go with her)

When you say what's up? You will have a boring text convo

You should do this today in the afternoon

Dont call her or text on a friday night either

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's my problem. I don't really know what to say through text. I'd rather talk on the phone but when I called her last time she was at work. So maybe I'll just wait until Monday to call her. When I got her number I said we should hang out and she agreed... now its just setting that up. She just seems too busy though working two jobs.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
arrange to do the hiking thing or whatever asap before you send this girl to sleep with those dull texts

if she's a busy person then try arrange something with a little bit more notice. be solid and specific with suggestions but dont try pushing her into any one particular slot

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Find out when she is off work and call her. She can't be working all the time.

or text her and say "I've got something really funny to tell you. call me when you get a chance." ( if she likes you she will call or anybody will call to hear something funny. You better think of something funny to say before you text this.) She will call you and then you ask her out. If she calls you on the weekend night dont answer your phone. you text her the next day and say "sorry i missed your call I was out having a good time. I will call you in a couple hours." Do this and you will help your chances with her

Talk for a bit and say.......Hey, (her name) I thought it would be fun to go to...(wherever you ask her to go) say (whatever day you pick) works for me...what about you? then see what days she is free. Then YOU say ok lets go out on (what day that YOU pick)

What do you talk about on the phone? Find out what stuff she likes and go from there. she went shopping so ask about her stuff she got. make jokes and be funny and keep her wanting to text you. dont text too much. i think you would be better talking than texting.

dont say whats up? that is boring.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Remember: never ask for dates - offer dates.

You: "I'm going to grab a (coffee/beer) at (some place) around (some time) - let me know if you'd like to join me."

Or for more generic: "We should get together".

Or cut to the chase: "So, are you single?"

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean once I call someone and they ignore the call and reply with a text I MOVE ON.

These b!tches are attention wh0res and there is nothing they like more than to suck your attention as often as they can eventhough they aren't interested in you in the least.

joverby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tiguere said:
I mean once I call someone and they ignore the call and reply with a text I MOVE ON.
Solid advice, this was a clear sign displayed by my "girlfriend" upon losing interest/respect.

It's also true that they will keep sucking your life force for attention(IF YOU LET THEM!) even if they aren't interested. My "girlfriend" has been doing this and my little brothers girlfriend is terrible at that, they love knowing that they are wanted, even if they don't really like the guy. Some are much worse attention *****s than others.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
same could be said about most the dudes starting advice threads about texting. always texting inane ****e in need of constant reassurance and validatiion. WHY so many texts?

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tiguere said:

These b!tches are attention wh0res and there is nothing they like more than to suck your attention as often as they can eventhough they aren't interested in you in the least.
I disagree. Sometimes, people (girls especially) are just not comfortable talking on the phone to a stranger, which OP is to this girl. Or, even more likely, she doesn't want to invest that kind of time in a stranger (ie, phone conversation). I know I don't wanna talk to some random broad on the phone.

Thus, I also disagree with the advice to text her and say "hey I have something funny to tell you, call me..." for the same reasons.

Her not calling you that night, and waiting til the NEXT morning to text you is strike one. But I don't think it's enough to write her off just yet.

You need to read up more on text game...what you were texting her is very basic and BORING, and is the fast lane to friendzone and ignore-zone.

You need to FLIRT. Keep your texts short and sweet. There are plenty of texting guides on here.

Also, a lot of what to do next depends on how old you two are...

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahoney said:
same could be said about most the dudes starting advice threads about texting. always texting inane ****e in need of constant reassurance and validatiion. WHY so many texts?

I kind of agree.

If you already had the game to get the girl's number, then there should be no need to "build rapport" via text. The first text you should send to a girl after getting her number is "Hey it's me. Let's have a drink this week. I should be free on Thursday."

I'm not going to sit around making jokes and smiley faces on texts. Either the girl is interested or she isn't. Charming text conversations aren't going to sway it.

If I meet a girl, talk to her for 20 minutes and end the conversation with "Let's hang out some time. What's your number?" then there's no way in hell that I'm gonna be flirting and toying around on text. The whole reason we had the exchange of phone numbers was because I offered to hang out. Any future flirting would be done in person.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:
I kind of agree.
its just kind of ironic the number of dudes compaining about 'attention *****s', when these same dudes have a heart attack if they're not getting a response to their text every 5 mins

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting is my weak point. Any articles or e-books where I can read up on Text game? Thinking of buying this book http://www.flirtytextmessagehelper....-to-start-a-texting-conversation-with-a-girl/ cause I can't think of any replies to text her and the only thing I think of is 'boring' and it makes me just want to give up and move on only because I can't think of witty things to say through text. I'm more of a physical person and charm people in real life rather than texting.

Can anyone think of some texts to text her to make her laugh? I'm boring with text. So I won't be able to think of any myself. I'd rather make them laugh in person. I'm thinking of just making a small joke to her because I didn't text her back saying "On a scale of one to Chris Brown, how upset are you?" that should make her laugh I bet. Then I'll just ask her "When are you working next week? what day will you be off?" then find out when and say "Great, lets hang out this week. I should be free on Thursday."

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
baurman said:
Texting is my weak point. Any articles or e-books where I can read up on Text game? Thinking of buying this book http://www.flirtytextmessagehelper....-to-start-a-texting-conversation-with-a-girl/ cause I can't think of any replies to text her and the only thing I think of is 'boring' and it makes me just want to give up and move on only because I can't think of witty things to say through text. I'm more of a physical person and charm people in real life rather than texting.

Can anyone think of some texts to text her to make her laugh? I'm boring with text. So I won't be able to think of any myself. I'd rather make them laugh in person. I'm thinking of just making a small joke to her because I didn't text her back saying "On a scale of one to Chris Brown, how upset are you?" that should make her laugh I bet. Then I'll just ask her "When are you working next week? what day will you be off?" then find out when and say "Great, lets hang out this week. I should be free on Thursday."

I don't understand. You met her in person. You asked for her number, and she gave it to you. If she's SERIOUS about going out with you, then the only game you should need involves face-to-face time.

Don't let these kids get you worried about "text game". You had the game to walk up to a girl in person and get her digits. And now you're worried about sending a funny text? You're bigger than that, dude.

Here's the deal. Either this chick will respond to a request to hang out or she's just looking for attention. Funny texts ain't gonna mean s**t.

And for God's sake...if you are gonna text, then just say something funny that happened to you today. Or make it up. "Found $100 in the park today! Strippers and coke!" Whatever. Don't go to some canned comedy routine from some weird website. Because it will sound canned and rehearsed.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
baurman said:
I noticed that she was checking me out and caught eyes a few times so I approached her, I asked her what she likes to do for fun and she said "Hiking.." and I asked if shes been to these hike spots and she said no she hasn't, so I said "we should hang out sometime" and she smiled and said "We should!" and she seemed very happy. I have the vibe that she's into me. I asked for her number and she gave it to me and 2 days later I called her but she didn't answer and quickly texted me saying that she was at work. I told her to just call me when she's done, but then she didn't and texted me the following morning saying she was really tired and fell asleep. Now today, texting has been pretty lame here's how the convo went:

HER: Hey! Sorry about last night. I knocked out!
ME: Whatchu up to today?
HER: I'm running errands. How about you?
ME: Just hanging out with my friends, what errands you running?
HER: Just buying necessities for my friend's birthday party tomorrow.

I'm stuck. I hate this text game because I want to just see her in person without me coming across as being needy. What should I do to escalate this as I feel like it's going no where.
Dude just call her dont text, and tell her to hang out with and chill. It's that simple.

baurman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I called her and we talked for about 10 minutes, we were talking about a lot of things but near the end of the call I found out what her schedule was like. She works pretty much Sunday-Thursday and off Friday and works Saturday morning. So closed her and said Lets hang out next week whenever we're both free. And she agreed. But now I'm kinda regretting it because I don't want to wait until next week. When I got off the phone with her I realized that she's also free Saturday night and she's off Sunday. So that's tomorrow. Would it be too soon to call her again tonight and ask her what she's doing tomorrow night and if she's free? Cause I'm free tomorrow night after work around 10pm and I could pick her up and hang out at night. Or would it just be better to just not contact her much until Monday and then find out what day she's free and then set up a date then for us to go hiking? I just feel like she might lose interest in the gap because I'm not gonna be texting her at all. She doesn't drive a car so I teased her a bit saying she has to catch the bus but I drive so I know she sees value in me.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score