Got her number in class then see her at a club the next day

AlphaNoob

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got this girl's number after class by opening with why I noticed her, showing intent directly. Exchange a few lines to get to know her a little and then ask if she wants to grab coffee sometime. She looks back at the lecture hall, which I take as we can get to know each other from class. This does actually seem like the better choice since; if things do go well then we can escalate further outside the classroom. I say I have class to go to, then I close with her number. Hug goodbye kiss of cheeks (she said that's what they do in her country so I say let's do that). Next day I go clubbing with my friends and HOLY SH1T I see her making out with some dude there. Initially I was not sure, since I had only actually seen this girl for less than five minutes tops. But it looked so much like her. I ask my friend to go listen to the convo she is having with the dude to see if she has an accent, but my friend can't hear anything. After pondering and not knowing what to do bc we looked at each other a few times (idk if she realized it was me either bc I had gotten a haircut), I decide to just fvckn approach in spite of her making out with this dude.

I go up grab her shoulder and she turns around, while stop kissing the dude. The dude actually ends up just standing there and lets me talk to her while he does nothing for a few seconds. I ask her if her name is X from class, it's me AlphaNoob. She says her name is Y. I ask her if she is from A country, she says she is from B country (which is also in Europe). It turns out she did have an accent, just like the girl from class. Then I say nvm and walk away, not sure why I did this. Maybe bc she put enough doubt in my mind to make me comfortable not dealing with the situation bc I didn't WANT to deal with the situation for lack of knowing how to properly handle it.

Maybe I could have stuck around longer and tried to pull her from that dude also, but I just did not know how to play it because I knew that if this was indeed the girl, then I would see her in class. And I wanted to stick to the original plan, which was to get to know her through talking in class, which I have experience with another girl.

Next day, I text her, no response (maybe bc it is an international number.) I msg her on FB, no response. Can't find her on the class roster...
This leads me to think she may have dropped the class and wants to avoid me bc of what happened and does not want to be perceived in anyway for making out with the guy at the club

I don't feel like I was Don Juan enough in this situation. What should I have done?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you not recognise a girl from your school whose number you got the day before, you even had a convo with her.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The next day you're not sure if it is her, and she may not recognize you because of a haircut?

Either this story isn't real or, she gave you a fake name and fake number because she wasn't interested. You coulsn't find her name on the regestry because the one she gave you was fake.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That she gave you fake name, fake number... or a nickname (you know like how Asians aka chinese.. Take western names... or like Polish who use Polish names on government reports, French version in Bank statement, English version on Work documents.... Yep I have seen it.. Same guy 3 different version of his name.. Confusing)

That's not the point you have to learn here.

The point is must learn... interested or not... you SHOULD remember HER the NEXT DAY.

People are butthurt when you don't remember them.

Imagine a girl.... You just validated her... to crush her the very next day (Cause you showed her you don't give her an importance whatsoever).

She might went from Interested or Indifferent.... To ****ING HATE YOU.

Don't waste your time with her.

Move on.

Remember always to remember their face/name

Sometimes... you might take 6months before seeing her again that you genuily don't remember her face... find a memory tool to keep her in your memory.

Like: her name associate it with a country of origin, her eyes to something.

Link information to memories of you (ex: her phone number... it remind you of your childhood house or the city you lost your virginity). This will make it easier for you to remember.

If you can't remember...act like you know her but don't make the conversation last too long.

This advice is for both female/male... actually everyone you meet.

I've made money and got clients... just because I remembered what they told me a Saturday Night in a Club at 2am drunk.

When you remember details they told you.. They take interest in you

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe I could have stuck around longer and tried to pull her from that dude also
What gives you the right to pull a girl away from a guy she likes in a club, considering you're not even sure it's the same girl from class AND she's not showing any interest in you anyway?

If I walk into a club, go over to where a huge man is kissing a girl and start pulling her away from him because I think she looks pretty tasty too I can expect to end up in the hospital. Not sure why you thought this is an appropriate choice anyway!

Your response should have been "That looks a bit like that chick I hit on earlier. Is it? Maybe. Oh well, I'm going to drink this beer and then talk to that cutie the other side of the room."

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What gives you the right to pull a girl away from a guy she likes in a club, considering you're not even sure it's the same girl from class AND she's not showing any interest in you anyway?

If I walk into a club, go over to where a huge man is kissing a girl and start pulling her away from him because I think she looks pretty tasty too I can expect to end up in the hospital. Not sure why you thought this is an appropriate choice anyway!

Your response should have been "That looks a bit like that chick I hit on earlier. Is it? Maybe. Oh well, I'm going to drink this beer and then talk to that cutie the other side of the room."
It could have been the BF too lol. Imagine...

OP you can't have BF behaviour if you don't remember the girl or have any relations with her

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you not recognise a girl from your school whose number you got the day before, you even had a convo with her.
The next day you're not sure if it is her, and she may not recognize you because of a haircut?
Well, in defense of OP here:

Girls can look totally different from one day to another

If she has totally different hair, makeup and and outfit, what will you use to identify someone you just met? Their height, race and hair color shared by millions?

I generally don't recognize anyone immediately unless I've seen them many times or recently

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If she has totally different hair, makeup and and outfit, what will you use to identify someone you just met? Their height, race and hair color shared by millions?

I generally don't recognize anyone immediately unless I've seen them many times or recently
Being in his class and seeing her daily and him talking to her 24 hours earlier, unless he is high and hammered, recognizing her shouldnt be that tough.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SMFH what has this forum turned into?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being in his class and seeing her daily and him talking to her 24 hours earlier, unless he is high and hammered, recognizing her shouldnt be that tough.
Well he said he only spoke to her for 5 minutes and the semester just began (first or second week at most)

It's not totally out of the question. College classes are pretty big

She probably wasn't that hot

AlphaNoob

Don Juan
Reaction score

Either this story isn't real or, she gave you a fake name and fake number because she wasn't interested. You coulsn't find her name on the regestry because the one she gave you was fake.
I found her on facebook messenger bc it said she was in my contacts

AlphaNoob

Don Juan
Reaction score

That's what I'm fken saying. It's in a club. Dark af. Loud music.

AlphaNoob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well he said he only spoke to her for 5 minutes and the semester just began (first or second week at most)

It's not totally out of the question. College classes are pretty big

She probably wasn't that hot
Let's just forget about whether or not I remembered her or not. I approached bc I thought it looked like her just to make sure. It may have been her and she was lying or it was a different girl that looked like her. If it was her, was that a good move to approach?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's just forget about whether or not I remembered her or not. I approached bc I thought it looked like her just to make sure. It may have been her and she was lying or it was a different girl that looked like her. If it was her, was that a good move to approach?
Approaching is always a good move if you don't get in any trouble, you did your best and that's what matters, not too much to learn from this experience unless:

1. You can prove she was going to text you back before the experience in the club

2. And you also have to prove that the experience in the club is what motivated her decision rather than say, the fact that she apparently has a boyfriend or something

Honestly the only flaw with your approach was that you thought it was a good idea to interrupt her making out with another guy. I wouldn't even recommend approaching a girl who's with a guy at all.

Also it was probably 2 different people, she had a new name and country of origin and all you had was vague similarities to go on? Plenty of people look alike.

The club girl is clearly taken, and the class girl doesn't seem interested if she's dodging your texts (normally I'd say it was stupid to bother texting a girl last seen making out with another guy, but since there's no guarantee they're the same person it was the right call)

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reread this thread and maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why this girl is so important to you, or even the entire scenario to be honest. This whole story is just tripping me out, it's like trying to date while having an LSD overdose. You met some girl, talked for a few minutes, got a number and now you're thinking about her to the extent that you're mistaking what sounds like a random stranger in a clubs for this specific girl?

And then based off her looking like some girl you knew for 2 minutes, you're thinking of dragging her away from guys she's actually interested in?

If I had one word to describe the whole thread it would be "Lolwut".

From the sound of it you barely know her, you can't even recognise her 100% by sound or visuals when you see "her" in a club. She's just some randomer you talked to once before. Why is she your primary prospect and why are you going up to random girls in clubs trying to discern if they are this specific girl?

There are billions of women on this planet. If I wrote a story about every time I talked to a girl for a minute and then saw a girl that looked vaguely like her on the street a few days later I would never get anything done and everyone would wonder WTF I was going on about...

Last edited: