Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Got fired, what do I put in my apps?

andersonsmith969

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got fired for "having an attitude." So I guess it was a legitimate reason. It was at Wendy's and I trained there for only 2 weeks.

I want to know what the best way to handle this would be. I'm not asking if I should lie or what you think might be a good idea. I am asking HOW to lie, and what statistically would give me the best chances.

Currently I am just not putting it on my apps, like I never worked there. That's what my dad suggested, he said it was never a good idea to say you were fired. Other opinions on this?

dajinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
He is right. If you got fired after working there for a year I would list it but just make something up if asked why you left if you have a big gap in employment or if you're generally asked something like "why did you quit XYZ"(even if you were only unemployed for a month)or "why did you leave XYZ to come to us".

Even if your prospective future employer had called them to verify employment depending on your state it is illegal for them to say anything bad about you, or if you were terminated, etc. Of course that doesn't mean that everyone will uphold honorable levels of integrity. But usually employers only call past ones to ask "I'd just like to verify that so and so worked here on these dates, etc.".

And actually if you have a past employer bad mouth you over something ridiculously minute(like a disagreement or something)and they seem unable to control their emotions(like they're getting needlessly emotional about something dumb)it can act in your favor for the new employer, who would basically see that they(whoever they would be)were unreasonable. If that makes sense. I know it's beyond the scope of the question but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Just curious, what kind of attitude did you have?

MaddXMan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never admit to being fired. These days most employers do not give references. They only verify dates of employment and job title/pay, especially big companies. There is concern about legal risk in giving a bad reference. No reason to admit when it can't be verified.

Just say there was a schedule conflict, you left for better opportunity elsewhere, you wanted to go to school....just make up something that does not put you in a bad light.

Any employment term under 90 days, just leave out of your history.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that two weeks isn't worth listing.

In general, if you worked somewhere for a substantial period of time and get fired...list it, and if they ask why you left say something about 'lack of career opportunities' or whatever.

It can get tricky if they ask for references....if possible, find one of your coworkers who still likes you and use them.