Got a # under a bit of a false pretense

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I really don't usually have petty questions to ask. This isn't really a question per se.

Here it goes:

Was at the local pub watching my Oregon Ducks try to beat the Florida Gators and the 3 referees. Anyway, this woman is there by herself wearing her Oregon Duck stuff, she sits far away and than moves over near us. I offer her a seat at our table as she is by herself. She says she has friends coming later--they do.

Anyway, I am talking amongst my friends and mention I am getting my Masters in Education. She overhears this. And, when cheering for your sports team, everyone is your friend at this place. So, we chat about sports, etc. And then we talk about Education and how she is an Elementary teacher. Her friends arrive. One dude and two girls.

I ask her how she found her job, etc. She starts texting during the game and I make fun of her for missing parts of the game, and that she is causing us to start to lose. (sounded better). Anyway, I would tease her but also ask about her, where she is from.

Anyway, her being an educator and me trying to get in the field we talked a bit about that. As it was time to go, she was with her friends, and I said: "Hey, it'd be great to hear more about teaching and getting jobs. I'd like to get together and talk with you more."
She gives me her number and says I shouldn't have a problem getting a job, and 'you have the charm.' To which I added, and the nice smile and dimples, too. She laughed.
See, usually, I am not picking up girls at noon while watching a basketball game with my friends. I had a lot less time to talk with her, and usually I am talking to chicks that are out and about and looking to meet people. So, I asked for her number under a semi false-pretense. Meaning I didn't straight-up say, "we should get together."

I guess this is more reflection than question. I think I am just going to call her, ask her to get a drink and "forget" the "reason" for getting her number.

I will joke with her, see how it goes, but do I make a joke about how she was just too good to let just walk away (in a funnier way). This is after teasing/'busting her balls' a bit.

Or, should I not even acknowledge any of this.

I figure if we get together for a drink later this week, that it's pretty obvious it's not to talk careers. Women aren't THAT dense. I guess I just have to create a 'seductive' attitude/mood and make it fun.

I think I answered my own question.

Any suggestions?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, great job in starting the convo, and getting the information. They way you went about it, and situation, was very "organic", haha, women love to meet people in those kinds of environments, where and when they "least expected". It probably felt very natural for her too, and that is to your advantage.

She knows why you asked for the number, you don't need to bring it up, or to explain the reason you are actually calling her and wanting to get together. Do you think she hasn't been asked for her number in similar situations? She could see that coming, but remember, women just need a reason to make it ok for guys to ask them out.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GOL,

Thanks for the comments. You are right--it really was 'organic.' The conversation just flowed, we had things in common (the game, graduates of UO, educators) and I even engaged her friends in conversation.

We'd give high-fives when something good happened in the game. And keep the conversation loose, and having social proof (tons of duck fans), and it not being a typical pick-up environment made it pretty free-flowing. I just wish I hadn't buffered myself by asking for her number in a context. I should have just been bold enough to say, 'hey, I've enjoyed talking we should get together again.'

Water under the bridge at this point. I've already met her in public, during the day while she is sober, and met and talked with her friends. If we do meet, that is a good sign as I've passed a few tests already.

As I said earlier, usually I meet women at bars, and the dynamic is a bit different.

I will treat this 'first date' as a good way to talk one-on-one and to SHOW her that I am interested. My whole schtick is sarcasm/****y funny and it works, so I'll go with that.

When things go well on the first date, I'll take that time to set-up the next and it will be on.