Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good stores to buy clothes?

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm looking for clothes that stand out a little bit but not too much. It seems like everyone shops at American Eagle/A & F, so I'd prefer somewhere else. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reaction score
I like aeropostal. And Old navy isnt bad since they stopped plastering their lables on everything

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
I'm looking for clothes that stand out a little bit but not too much. It seems like everyone shops at American Eagle/A & F, so I'd prefer somewhere else. Anyone have any suggestions?
It will depend of your age group and the occasion.

Need more information:

1- Age group
2- Occassion (office, nightclubs, casual, beach, etc.)
3- How much $$$ you are willing to spend (I strongly suggest you invest in two or three watches and of course VERY nice shoes)

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Age-20
Occasion- Casual
Not looking to spend hundreds on clothes, maybe about average money.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamMalone said:
Age-20
Occasion- Casual
Not looking to spend hundreds on clothes, maybe about average money.
Sam,

what do you call average? Average for me in shoes would be $100 per pair. Average for somebody else could be $50 or even $30.

All said, I don't think you need to spent LOT of $$$ to make yourself look good in casual clothes. In fact, I believe YOU should make the clothes look good and not the other way around.

Of course, as you grow economically...investing in nice clothes is important; especially for the office. But casual clothing is just that...casual.

Also, you are in an age group where brands and the likes is important for some. I say that if you dress nicely (regardless of the brand) then you should be okay. But, I'm NOT in your age group, therefore I don't know what a woman that is 18 or 19 might think about that.

Here is a trick:

During the summer...buy you coolest winter clothes. During the fall and winter buy your coolest summer clothes. That way you spent only 25-50% of what you would spent if you buy them during the season.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to particular stores is stupid. Buying clothes is like sargin women. Every place has high quality and low quality, just some more than others, but what price are you willing to pay?

alright you are gonna have to be more aware of fashion around you. When you see a style you like, look for similar stuff in stores and buy those clothes. Personally I do this as well as look @ GQ magazines (you dont even have to buy them if u cheap) and look for new ideas and insight on what is currently in style

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My pointers:

1) As Warren Buffet says about which stock investments to buy, "cheap crap is still crap". If you get something cheap, but you never want to wear it, you just threw away money. Then again, spending lots of money isn't the answer either. Knowing what to buy is your goal.
2) Look at how other guys dress. This has helped me a lot. You'll hear things about peacocking, wearing a certain style of shirt, etc. But, seeing a guy model it around in whatever situation lets you quickly judge if it's what you want. Most guys aren't paying attention to fashion, so pick and choose. But, in a club scene, most guys wear jeans and a baggy shirt. The stuff may look new, but it just comes off as crap, because it does not flatter them. When you see a guy walking around with a look you want, note it. You can say similar things when you are in a coffee shop, etc.
3) Read. Learn what works. Look at the pictures.
4) Get the advice of a woman you trust. However, be sure you trust her. Lots of women are out to make you look "nice", not "attractive". This is a difficult one to pull off.
5) Just buy a couple things at a time. Do not go out to find an entirely new wardrobe. Try a couple of things, and develop your style.
6) Give away things you just don't wear/don't like. Without spending a dime, I immediately improved my dress the most by doing exactly this. The issue is, when you have crap hanging around, you feel you should wear it.

My best store is Macy's Mens.. I grab things on sale. I get shirts and pants for under $50. I've gotten nice shoes for around $50. All of it is on sale. But, my personal style is a masculine look. Am not going for "groomed", but I certainly don't want childish.

Sticking with basic fashion rules will get you more than spending money. For example, your clothes should fit. Baggy clothes just won't make you look more attractive, unless you want to hide a gut. Jeans and pants should be long enough to cover your socks, but not drag on the floor. Until you get some basic fashion going, I'd avoid spending lots of money on one or two particular outfits.

milrenkb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Goodwill!!! That **** is cheap

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear whatever is hot,I like and that fits me

Whatever's not some cheap bootleg **** or somethat's super-played out.95% of the time it's urban gear cuz i'm an urban guy.

My favorite brands are:

LRG
Akademics
Enyce(Jeans only)
Coogi(it's not an urban brand really it's a casual brand marketed in america as an "Ghetto thing".)

Sneakers I'm even more leninat:Whatever's not ugly and not at Payless..Give it to me and I'll make them look hot.

Alot of people here won't rock Puma's no matter what.But I do cuz I like them.Simple as that.

I know alot of Spanish kids that won't do that and that's the mentality that has alot of us and most black people down in this country.

And no I don't dress like a hood or a thug.I don't have cornrows,I don't wear tims with no laces,or clothes 4 sizes too big,none of that.

No doorags,etc.

That is a very stupid look and i always laugh when people who look like that scream "racism" when they harassed or treated like ****.

Reaction score
Go to the mall.

Look around the mall.

Find store with clothes that you like.

foomee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I really like Urban Outfitters... but a lot of my style is from thrift stores. Buckle is a good store with some fairly nice clothes, but it's expensive. Try online, I've bought several shirts online that I wear way too much. Maybe try eBay? I've never tried it, but I've found plenty of nice clothes on there for cheap. And yeah, shop around, don't buy everything at once, look in GQ as well as note what you see when you walk by a guy wearing something you like.