Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good standing posture?

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick thing that has been bothering me I thought you might be able to help me out on.

When I am standing I ussually find myself standing with my arms crossed, holding on too my bag straps with my elbows kind of poking out, or with my hands in my pockets. Now are these stances bad? Do they make me look nervous or insecure or anythig like that. I just think it looks stupid with your hands just hanging there, well i feel stupid doing that. I need somewhere to put my hands.

So the question is - What is the ideal DJ standing posture? I have the walking posture all right (Shoulder back head up[tell me if thats wrong]) I just want to know the correct posture while standing in a fixed place.

Thanks

- Sammo.

UnexpectedTeen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ussually find myself standing with my arms crossed
BIG no no. crossing arms emmit to people that yo are p|ssed or not in the right frameof mind to interact with other people.(could use this to your advantage)

there are a million and 1 postures out there, you have to find wat suits you best. The sure fail-safe posture is to stand, sit,(fVck?) straight. there is no way a slouching guy can get girls.

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
i find cowboy style works much better for me, fingers in pocket n thumbs out...
take all the space u need, don't move if someones coming at ur way
WhoAmI

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Do you mean standing by yourself? Where? Against a wall, waitin for bus etc?

I usually stand with hands in pockets or on bag straps. :D

But, not both hands in pockets, just one is good for me. For example, one hand in pocket, one on your side leanin against a wall when Im waiting for a bus. Or, if you dont like having your arm just "dangle there" hold something, like a school folder.

Hope that made sense. :rolleyes:

Thedodgejuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
most important thing about stance is not how you have your arms or hands or which pockets you have them in. Most important thing is that your poise is symetrical but i would agree crossing your arms is not good, i wouldnt think holding onto bag straps is impressive either.

ReD MaFiA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
stand up straight. with your left hand grab your balls, with your right wave a rainbow flag and start singing that village people song.
Chicks wont be able to resist!
:D

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha chea that oned tight

i stand with my legs sholder with apart and my left hand holding my left elbow in back of me, haha i dunno i just do that alot

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um? Who gives a ****? Does it really matter? As far as crossed arms detering people, you can't read body language based on one sign, you have to use a group of behaviors, positions, and stances, imagine a guy with his arms crossed, but chin up and a big smile? Hostile? Grumpy? NO!! Just crossed arms. That's it. Don't worry about it, relax and be comfortable.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UnexpectedTeen , Thanks for pointing that out, yeah i knew there was something wrong with crossed arms just couldn't remember what. Am i right when i say it demonstrates insecurity because its a closed action? I see alot of people do it when they are nervous. Well either way it's bad, thanks again.

whoami , okay, thanks. But what if someone's trying to get past, wont that seem a bit rude?

Evil-Rom , at any time, i want to know what the best stance is. Ussually at lunch or in the canteen with a group of people is the time im most concious about.

Thedodgejuan , Thanks, there goes 2 of my stance's :)

ReD MaFiA, RKS, FionnMacCumhail , Thanks boys. Great info.

UltimateScoundrel , Thanks for your input. But I think it's important to register my stance incase i am doing anything vitally wrong. Can't blame a man for doing that can ya?

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's various ways to stand and each ways emits a different signal. Poses are very important since they tie in with body language.

special stances
For instance, bouncers and Marines stand with crossed arms. This pose shows strength, power, and if you're big enough it demonstrates that you should not screw around.

Then there's the mob enforcer/guard stance usually accompanied by a 9mm. You stand tall, tilt your head back a bit, jut your chin out a little, put your arms down, and cross your hands palm down near your belt. I'm usually standing like this unless I'm drunk or high. It's a personality stance and says, "If I wanted to be bothered, I'd go over to you, and talk first."

social stances
gunslinger Stand up, bend your knees a little, stick out your pelvis a bit, lean forward, and look towards the ground 10 feet in front of you. Combined with both hands in your pocket, thumbs out on your jeans, and you have the gunslinger look down. This is a relaxed look.

ready/relaxed Stand up, put one hand in your pocket (thumb out), and slouch. Lean and put weight on the leg that has your hand in its pocket. Tilt your head in a direction that feels comfortable. If you keep your head straight (looking straight), you'll look (and feel) determined (ready), but if you tilt your head with the weight, you'll look relaxed (but feel bored after a bit).

schoolyard strappin If you wear a backpack, you can hold onto the straps (don't cross your arms! you'll only look insecure and weak). When you hold onto the straps, keep your hands near your pecs, tighten your biceps, and stick out your elbows at an angle behind you, but not too far. I have a friend who used to stand like this all the time back in high school. He's a brawler.

Those are just some poses. If you want to know more, go to acting school.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, thanks demon, GREAT response. That is some good ****.

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just do whatever you feel comfertable doing...dont care about what others think....most of the times i walk with one hand in my pocket(usually left) so i have my right hand free to shake my friends hands, hold the door for a girl im walking with, or just to put my arm around her

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
whoami , okay, thanks. But what if someone's trying to get past, wont that seem a bit rude?
well No, it's like power posture and telling ppl that u r there :D
and with my size ppl don't mind to f*k with me ;)
body/shoulder is relaxed, give smile to ppl i m intrested in talking or meeting.
demon gave good example of postures...
WhoAmI

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
What is the ideal DJ standing posture?
WHO CARES?!?!

while you had your mind on hopelessly caring about how you look, you just missed that hb9 walk by.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah I see what your trying to say bust.it, but let me give you an example.

Let's say I was waiting outside the canteen or in a hallway of a high school. There are alot of people standing around just like me waiting for class, there are also alot of people passing by.

Then the hottest girl in the entire school walks past, and I am with alot of other guys. If for some reason I decide not to approach her, maybe there are obstacles, maybe i have to head in too class, maybe im a ***** *****, maybe i am too far away, there are alot of things that could stop me from approaching her.

But i still have 2 decisions.

1. I could stand their slouched, arms crossed, etc.

2. I could have a good stance.

Well if for some reason she glances over at all the guys, what are the chances of her noticing me if i chose number 1? and then if i chose number 2?

Well if i chose number 1 then i would probably look like every other schmoe. On the other hand, if i decided on option number 2 then chances are she notices me as more confident, and standing out of the crowd.

Of course option number 1 still works if you have dazzling good looks but if I did happen to have dazzling good looks then option 2 would just amplify my good looks.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*looks at bust.it and laughs hysterically*

Obviously, posture is a very important part of body language. Words don't often get the job done. You're not going to stand there like Al Gore and tell a girl that you want to rip her clothes off, push her against the wall, and bang her. You'd probably get knocked out.

Body language is very important to seduction and whether or not Mr. AFC understands the power of seduction, it's still true that you have to learn how to lie with your body. Why? Many people can tell a lie when they hear it. Illusions are more difficult to decipher.

Taking the example of Gore from above, I'd say she freak out and think you're a creep. If you stood like a Don Juan, however, you could tell her all of those things without opening your mouth. If you do it right, your very presence becomes a very powerful tool in your DJ arsenal.

bust.it

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sammo I see where you're comin from. You want to make a pre-first impression with your body (open arms = open convo, feet shoulder width apart and slightly bent, head up, chest out... the list goes on) but hear me out:

Would you retain this "dj stance" when you don't see a hb? as in, when you're with a bunch of guys? I find it so sad to watch a girl walk by a bunch of guys and TRANSFORM them -- the stand up straighter, comb their hair back, slap a grin on their face... instead, forget how you stand. because while you're standing, the next guy is MOVING towards her to approach.

Also, EC and a sincere smile from across the room with get you so much farther than how you're sitting/standing. Once you get the right attitude and mindset of ignoring that little self-conscious pvssy voice, your body with speak for itself.

Just don't let her catch you trying to hard, cuz that's the most afc thing ever. WHy should YOU have to stand "well"? How is SHE standing? Is she worth YOUR time? Most girls I know have complimented me on specifically one thing: How I interact with others.

Originally posted by Demon
If you stood like a Don Juan, however, you could tell her all of those things without opening your mouth. If you do it right, your very presence becomes a very powerful tool in your DJ arsenal.
"stood like a Don Juan"?? ??

Do we need a djb entry now that says "how to stand like dj"? Stand like you WANT to stand...

and one last thing: presence is most dictated by your attitude. People will NOTICE you because your attitude about life and yourself will RADIATE to others. Who says a short slouchy arms crossed one legged guy can't have presence? Talk to RedBlueIO- he's small but he is FEARED.

Last edited:

donshawv

Don Juan
Reaction score
posture

i used to stress over that until recently i noticed that basically all you have to do to have good posture is stick your chest out, everything else basically falls into line. just make sure you're comfortable, and you'll be all set. worrying about whether or not you're passing bad vibe with body language will just make things worse.

basically 1. stick out your chest
2. don't worry about your arms