Good Riddens Marcus Vick

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5234132?GT1=7643

I hate Marcus Vick because of his poor sportsmanship. I hope he doesn't make it in the pros, but if he does, that some guy hit him harder then he has ever been hit his whole life to change his attitude, although idoubt that he will ever stop being a jerk and a loser.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's not nearly good enough to go pro. He MIGHT be put on the third string if he gets drafted.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ( . )( . )
Is this the pretend football where the pussies run around wearing titanium armour and stop and start every 5 mins?

May aswell get angry over the latest goings on in the ballet.
Yeah, it's also the hardest hitting sport in the world. That includes Aussie rules, which would be (a distant) second. The structure of the sport is such that no continuous play sport can possibly be as hard-hitting.

Too bad for Marcus Vick. He's not ready to be a pro QB. If his hands are good, maybe he can be a 4WR set wideout or something.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
He is probably good enough to make the pros, but who wants to put up with a guy with a serious attitude problem.

That guys leg he stomped on (Elvis Dumerville) is an All-American and he could of seriously hurt the guy.

I am NOT a fan of Virginia Tech football, but I respect the choice they made.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah flagrent fouls like that will get you booted out of any NFL game so doing something as retarded as that in college should have been a no brainer. My question is what's he doing waving a piece in McDonalds?:confused:

"Yo N*gga! That was my Big Mac Large fries you's grubbin on! Best raise up befo I pop a cap in yor a$$ son! Now get me a strawberry milkshake biatch!"

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by doctoroxygen
Yeah, it's also the hardest hitting sport in the world. That includes Aussie rules, which would be (a distant) second.
I'd be interested in seeing some proof of a claim like that.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SAD PART is, the talent was there.

Coming out of HS, he was actually considered to be more advanced than his brother.

This was really his First year playing D1 QB and look what he was able to do.

He was heads and sholders above his Brother as far as actually passing the ball, making reads, etc at the same age than Mike was.. not as fast however, not close, but plenty fast enough.

Plus Mike had the intengiable that Marcus didn't have, stepping up in big games. Mike is a Big Game player, Marcus seems to fold under pressure

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
AMEN!!

Hard-Hitting? You ever seen Rugby Union mate?

Stamping on someones leg is nothing compared to what those guys do!

Sarge On...
I love rugby, but it's nowhere near as hard-hitting as American football. Think about it: it's not like world-class rugby players are in much better shape than football players that they can make harder hits for 80 straight minutes. Football players are heavier, faster and have more time to rest in between hits: this equates to harder tackles. Plus they're all on steroids, and you don't tend to see that in rugby. Aussie rules is brutal but for the same reasons I'd argue football is harder-hitting.

I seriously think the government should pay to export Madden and highlight reels of the hardest NFL hits so the rest of the world could understand it's not just guys bumping into each other with safety suits on. I watched the AFC championship game in a pub in Dublin last year and a bunch of Cork kids in their GAA kits started shouting "U-S-A YOU ARE GAY". If they had looked at the TV they would have noticed this is clearly not the case.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly what seanchai said.

More time to rest between hits + STEROIDS + higher pay + the culture of the game regarding tackles (that is, the purpose is basically to injure someone every play, whereas in rugby etc, the purpose is to bring down the ball carrier) = hardest hits.

I respect rugby and Aussie rules as sports, but resent the idea that American football is weak because they wear pads. Dudes weigh between 250 and 400 pounds; if they didn't wear pads and helmets and hit the way they do, they'd be dead.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shezz, that's an interesting point. If you threw rugby guys in pads, gave them steroids and gave them a rest between each tackle, I don't doubt at all that they'd hit as hard as football players. But because of the nature of the game, football hits harder than rugby or Aussie rules.

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with Shezz- do you see how incredibly pumped up those guys on the field are? They'd practically tear eachother's heads off if not for the helmets.

They hit hard enough that those guys get shaken up all the time, pads or no pads.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
Speed is part of hitting. Half the mass at twice the speed make the same impact.
What are you saying? Football players weigh more and move faster than rugby players as a function of the rest they get while playing, the steroids, and the style of play.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugby is very rough, and just as rough as American football.

(.)(.), My problem is not just with the stepping on the leg of the other guy, but the principle of bad sportsmanship. Marcus vick has an awful attitude, and that is what is going to break him.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
Yeah, all that. The pads help, too, because the player can hit full speed without concern for personal injury.
Wow that's some serious BS right there. The average length of an NFL players Career is 3.5 seasons with career ending injury being the main reason for that short time.. Every week there's an injury list for players with broken bones, concussions, dislocations etc etc. If you think that few millimeters of plastic is going to save you from a 260 pound monster with less then 5% body fat running at you with 4.3/40 speed you've got to be on crack.

I see what you rugger enthusiest are saying when you say that rugby is a tougher sport because it is. You need alot of physical conditioning and stamina to participate in a game that's always moving. But if you think for one second that the hits in rugby are anywhere near as hard as those delt out by a pro foot ball player running at you from 10-30 yards out you're sadly mistaken.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PRMoon
. If you think that few millimeters of plastic is going to save you from a 260 pound monster with less then 5% body fat running at you with 4.3/40 speed you've got to be on crack.

260 pounds? A lot of the guys in the nfl are 330 or over.