Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good ol PC/anti-free speech strikes again

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
I used the word speech without necessary clarity. I meant testing the limits of what she can get away with, not free speech. Children arent allowed to curse in school either, or say offensive things; they possess little to no free speech within the institution of school. I meant to say she was testing what she could get away with; perhaps it was silent time or she was told to be quiet, and she chose to say "bless you". I'm sure there was ample warning beforehand, and I'd posit the child used this phrase as a dare to the teacher.
The point remains. That teacher is an out of control b!tch. :)

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
You're jumping to conclusions. You are too biased on the subject.
No he's not, you are the one jumping to conclusions and biased. Did you not read the news article how the teacher had a list of things the students could and couldn't say? The teacher was clearly a liberal/atheist b!tch enforcing her personal beliefs on to her students. I saw this myself firsthand in school. I can only imagine how bad it is now with PC. It's probably why you think the way you do.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
You're jumping to conclusions. You are too biased on the subject.
If by biased you mean I think that it is ridiculous (and oppressive) to ban phrases like "bless you", then you're right, I'm biased.

Macimus Rex said:
Why would you be offended? That's a personal issue. It's funny how people are offended by a person's religion, but when faggots are running around here with that faggot sh*t, we're suppose to be tolerant and accepting of that.
You know, I had to read this a few times before I realized Rex was talking about homosexuals. I had gotten so used to reading about "beta faggots', that I thought he was referring to beta/blue pill thinking. Lol. Sort of like that episode of South Park where they change the definition of the word "fags" to mean inconsiderate Harley riders.

jake-a-roo4

Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my professors told me a story when he was teaching High school way back in 1987. He said that was the last year the classes at High Schools had official Christmas parties cuz people who non religious or had other religion complained. He said there were 30 students in the class and only 15 remained for the party. He said the mormons, atheists, jews, muslims, jehovah witnesess all left to go to the library instead of partcipating.

Our country has always been Christian based and now the smaller percentage is trying to take away from what the majority believes. same as same sex marriages when the small pecentage gets what they want over the majority.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're all making straw man arguments.

She wasn't punished for saying bless you, she was arguing with the teacher.

She wasn't punished period. There was no In-School-Suspension, she lied. She walked out of the classroom in frustration. The teacher did not send her away.

A girl sitting right next me sneezed in class. I said “Bless You!” My teacher, Mrs. Kindle, asked “Who said that?” I said “me.” She said “Why did you say that?” I said “Because it is courtesy.” She said “Says who?” I said “Says my pastor.” She said “Well we don’t say that in my class.”
I asked her why it was a big deal to her. She yelled at me and said “We will not have Godly speaking in my class!” That is when I stood up and said “My pastor said I have a constitutional right -1st amendment freedom of speech.” She said “Not in my class you don’t.”
I said “I will defend my religion.” She said “You will not in my class because I trump everyone.” Then another student stepped in and said “You don’t over trump God.” So she sent me to the office and the assistants principal said “if I didn’t want to respect my teachers rules then maybe My pastor should teach me because my freedom or speech and religion does not work at their school.
Then they sent me to ISS (in school suspension). After I left the class room all my class mates stood up and defended me the teacher had to call assistants principal to control the class.
She argued with the teacher.

Freedom of speech is not unlimited in school. Being minors, students do not have the same rights as the majority. Students are also severely limited by the public interest of maintaining a learning environment. If it is disruptive to even one person in the class, she has no right to say "god bless you", no more than she would have a right to say anything else disruptive. If she or her parents cannot respect this fact, they are more than welcome to enroll her into a private school instead of the publicly funded variety.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
If she or her parents cannot respect this fact, they are more than welcome to enroll her into a private school instead of the publicly funded variety.
Why would this make a difference if she was just arguing with the teacher?

Think before you answer.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Why would this make a difference if she was just arguing with the teacher?

Think before you answer.
She thinks her god is real, therefore rules don't matter. If she doesn't like the rules she can go somewhere else, THAT is her freedom.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
The way this story sounds to me, the girl was testing the limits of what she could get away with in class. Kids do this kind of stuff all the time.
You're full of sh1t, saying bless you is a custom that has been around for years. A religious person will put God in front of it. This girl wasn't testing any limits, she was doing what is courteous when a person sneezes. Someone like you and the teacher that finds fault with it makes a big deal of it.

I sneezed in the elevator last week when this older woman was wearing this strong stinking perfume, she didn't check with me to say it's ok to say it, she said bless you, because that's what people usually say.

I'm tired of people like you trying to change the customs and the free speech we have had for over 230+ years because you disageee with it and try to make people feel uncomfortable or repremand them for saying it. This "PC" sh1t is what is ruining everything because people are becoming too soft worrying not to offend someone. That's ridiculous.

Special EDy said:
It is the teachers discretion to decide whether "bless you" was an acceptable statement or an insubordinate outburst. She made her decision and clearly the school stood behind her. N ext the kid goes home and tries to bend parents against other adults, or manipulate parent against parent. We've all been in this situation as a kid.
No, it's not the teacher's discretion to dictate anything a student says as long as it does not contain profanity. Even then, a student can say a cuss word but will be sent to the office. The only thing a teacher is there for is to teach and keep control of the classroom. She couldn't even do that after she needed the Assistant Principal.

The girl's comment was directed at another student, not the teacher. The teacher has no discretion to censor what a student can say to another student when it's not offensive or breaks any rules of the school conduct code.

This isn't a dictatorship dude, the teacher can't prohibit what clearly isn't offensive but only offensive to her.

If some teacher wants to spout off about evolution in a High School classroom offending Christians, then a kid can say bless you any damn time they want. Again, free speech trumps what a teacher(or what you don't) doesn't want to hear.

Special EDy said:
You're all making straw man arguments.

She wasn't punished for saying bless you, she was arguing with the teacher.
There is no straw man, the teacher got pissed off for the student saying bless you. That is not the students fault. The teacher knew the students reaction but kept provoking the situation while she held her ground.

Special EDy said:
She argued with the teacher.
So what? The teacher argued with her first. A teacher's job is to keep control of the room, she initiated a fight over nothing. That is her fault. There is no rule that you have to agree with a teacher when the teacher is trying to censor her speech.

Special EDy said:
Freedom of speech is not unlimited in school. Being minors, students do not have the same rights as the majority.
Again, you are fuil of sh1t. A student can say whatever they want as long as it isn't profane or harassing to another person. This isn't the former U.S.S.R. where you can't say a damn word. This is America dude. Get an education.

The majority? Well, the majority of people do say bless you and the majority of students supported the girl. It's people like you and the teacher who are in the minority trying to limit what we can say in this country.

A minor can say everything an adult can except for using profanity in the room. They still drink, smoke, and have sex as minors. What an idiot.

Special EDy said:
Students are also severely limited by the public interest of maintaining a learning environment. If it is disruptive to even one person in the class, she has no right to say "god bless you", no more than she would have a right to say anything else disruptive. If she or her parents cannot respect this fact, they are more than welcome to enroll her into a private school instead of the publicly funded variety.
Just because you don't like it that's too damn bad. It was never disruptive because no students even felt that way. How about the teacher start up an Atheist School where she won't have to hear it? This isn't the last time a student is going to say bless you in her class. I hope those kids say it every day. She and you are in the minority. What do you think of that?

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fine, she was arguing with her teacher. Regardless, the teacher is way out of line trying to ban people from saying "bless you", which is an accepted polite response.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
She thinks her god is real, therefore rules don't matter.
Why would this matter in a public vs. private school?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Freedom of religion does not equal prior restraint. Yes schools are not open forums. But a student saying "bless you" (no God mentioned, inference is teacher's) is not tantamount to a public school teaching one religion over another. You have to be a fanatic or an imbecile to draw that conclusion.

What if the student were to exclaim "Great Hera!" Is that to be banned too? Ridiculous.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
rascal99v said:
The majority? Well, the majority of people do say bless you and the majority of students supported the girl. It's people like you and the teacher who are in the minority trying to limit what we can say in this country.

A minor can say everything an adult can except for using profanity in the room. They still drink, smoke, and have sex as minors. What an idiot.

Just because you don't like it that's too damn bad. It was never disruptive because no students even felt that way. How about the teacher start up an Atheist School where she won't have to hear it? This isn't the last time a student is going to say bless you in her class. I hope those kids say it every day. She and you are in the minority. What do you think of that?
If you weren't as you call me, an "idiot", you would know that majority means the adult population in opposition to minors.
ma·jor·i·ty
məˈjôrətē,-ˈjär-/Submit
noun
the greater number.
"in the majority of cases all will go smoothly"
synonyms: larger part/number, greater part/number, best/better part, most, more than half; More
antonyms: minority
US
the number by which votes for one candidate in an election are more than those for all other candidates combined.
synonyms: (winning) margin, superiority of numbers/votes; landslide
"a majority in the election"
BRITISH
the number by which the votes for one party or candidate exceed those of the next in rank.
a party or group receiving the greater number of votes.
the age when a person is legally considered a full adult, in most contexts either 18 or 21.

synonyms: legal age, adulthood, manhood/womanhood, maturity;

rascal99v said:
Minors cannot drink or smoke. Minors cant vote. Minors cant drive. Minors have curfews. Minors cannot enter into legal contracts. In the US minors do not have the same rights as adults, they are curbed for good reasons. Your entire argument is illogical and untrue.

rascal99v said:
There is no straw man, the teacher got pissed off for the student saying bless you. That is not the students fault. The teacher knew the students reaction but kept provoking the situation while she held her ground.

So what? The teacher argued with her first. A teacher's job is to keep control of the room, she initiated a fight over nothing. That is her fault. There is no rule that you have to agree with a teacher when the teacher is trying to censor her speech.
A girl sitting right next me sneezed in class. I said “Bless You!” My teacher, Mrs. Kindle, asked “Who said that?” I said “me.” She said “Why did you say that?” I said “Because it is courtesy.” She said “Says who?” I said “Says my pastor.” She said “Well we don’t say that in my class.”
I asked her why it was a big deal to her. She yelled at me and said “We will not have Godly speaking in my class!” That is when I stood up and said “My pastor said I have a constitutional right -1st amendment freedom of speech.” She said “Not in my class you don’t.”
I said “I will defend my religion.” She said “You will not in my class because I trump everyone.” Then another student stepped in and said “You don’t over trump God.” So she sent me to the office and the assistants principal said “if I didn’t want to respect my teachers rules then maybe My pastor should teach me because my freedom or speech and religion does not work at their school.
Yup youre wrong again. Even by the students version of events, SHE was provoking the teacher. The teacher told her no, and the student STOOD UP and started arguing. The teacher should of slapped the **** out of her for that, but thanks to the modern "Politically Correct" that no longer happens.
The student repeatedly re-initiated the argument and escalated it, not the teacher.

rascal99v said:
No, it's not the teacher's discretion to dictate anything a student says as long as it does not contain profanity. Even then, a student can say a cuss word but will be sent to the office. The only thing a teacher is there for is to teach and keep control of the classroom. She couldn't even do that after she needed the Assistant Principal.

The girl's comment was directed at another student, not the teacher. The teacher has no discretion to censor what a student can say to another student when it's not offensive or breaks any rules of the school conduct code.
Well the supreme court disagrees with you, as does the administration of the school this happened at.
Assistant Principal Lynn Garner on Tuesday said he could not discuss the specifics of what happened, but he said there are "two sides to every story."

Garner also said teachers can set their own classroom rules as long as they are reasonable.

"If a teacher asks his or her students to do something reasonable to avoid a distraction in the classroom, then we expect the students to follow the rules," Garner said. "If it's not a reasonable request, then we'll sit down and talk about it to get it right."
The teacher has been there for 43 years, I will trust her opinion over the ranting of an emotional youth.

So once again, all your arguments are straw-man arguments. There is not one person other than I who has addressed the key points. Your claims of hatred towards Christianity or destroying of faith are as valid as me blaming global warming for this event. The child wasn't punished. The child argued in class with her teacher. The student continually verbally assaulted the teacher.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Special Ed,

You continue to ignore the most relevant part of course.

These are the explicit words of the teacher. THIS is what the teacher condemned and focused on. Not the arguing.

The arguing would never have happened if the teacher was tolerant.

Yet another example of the war on Christians which you continually deny.

In this case, the TEACHER was the disruption, not the student and certainly not the phrase "Bless you".

The root of the issue is the Teacher's intolerance of a common phrase. Where is the tolerance the left speaks so much about here?
I said “I will defend my religion.”
The teacher admonished her for disrupting the class. The child by her own admission said she continued to argue with the teacher. The child had no right to make a stand against her teacher.

And you continue to believe the 17yo's set of facts are the truth. We can be sure the child has toned down her own language and made the teacher seemed harsher in her version of the story posted to Facebook. Even with the set of facts we have which we must believe are warped in the students favor, the teacher is still right. The school has taken no disciplinary action against the student or the teacher, despite the right wing fervor, so we can assume that nothing untoward occurred. THEY have access to the full story, you only know what some indignant child posted to Facebook.

Once again, I trust the teacher with 43 years of experience at that school over a 17 year old child.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
If you weren't as you call me, an "idiot", you would know that majority means the adult population in opposition to minors.
Yeah, well the majority of adults in this country are religious compared to the ones who are not.

Special EDy said:
Minors cannot drink or smoke.
They do it anyway don't they?

Special EDy said:
Minors cant vote.
That is something they can't, but they still have free speech.

Special EDy said:
Minors cant drive.
What the fvck you talking about? Minors can drive legally at 16. They drive to High School.

Special EDy said:
Minors have curfews. Minors cannot enter into legal contracts. In the US minors do not have the same rights as adults, they are curbed for good reasons. Your entire argument is illogical and untrue.
As long as a parent is present they sure can enter into a legal contract. What do you think minors who are actors and musicians do?

There are certain things minors can't do, but that does not limit what they can say. You are being an idiot because you disagree with one side and want seperate rules for you. If the girl was blasting religion and mocking it you would be just fine with it regarding her free speech.

It's people like you, the atheists and also the gays, that want to create and rearrange seperate rules for yourselves and make laws that everybody else has to follow.

Special EDy said:
Yup youre wrong again. Even by the students version of events, SHE was provoking the teacher. The teacher told her no, and the student STOOD UP and started arguing. The teacher should of slapped the **** out of her for that, but thanks to the modern "Politically Correct" that no longer happens.
The student repeatedly re-initiated the argument and escalated it, not the teacher.
:crackup: You are an idiot dude. It's best you quit posting to look like a dumbass in here. If the girl mocked religion instead you and the teacher would be just fine with it.

The teacher was questioning the girl, the girl was responding to the teachers questions. The teacher gets pissed off at her response which begins the provoking.

When you are being questioned you should always seek the answers, which was what the girl was doing. The teacher got pissed off trying to create unreasonable rules in a classroom. A teacher can't override what the Constitution guarantees every citizien regadless of age. What a dumbass.

The teacher was clearly provoking the student knowing it would come to a argument. Even the other student agreed with the girl.

A teacher does not trump the public school district nor the First Amendment.

A teacher is only an employee that has to follow the school district guidelines of what is acceptable. A teacher cannot discriminate based on students beliefs. That is what she was doing. Religious discrimination, she can get fired for that.

And you lied becase the student didn't "walk out" she was sent out.

Well the supreme court disagrees with you, as does the administration of the school this happened at.

Assistant Principal Lynn Garner on Tuesday said he could not discuss the specifics of what happened, but he said there are "two sides to every story."

Garner also said teachers can set their own classroom rules as long as they are reasonable.

"If a teacher asks his or her students to do something reasonable to avoid a distraction in the classroom, then we expect the students to follow the rules," Garner said. "If it's not a reasonable request, then we'll sit down and talk about it to get it right."
What the fvck? The Supreme Court does not disagree with me, it says speech is not limited unless it is dangerous like yelling "fire" in a crowded room.

Yes Einstein, every incident is always investigated first before a final decision is made. That is just normal protocol.

Her "rules" are not reasonable because it limits free speech and it discriminates against a person's beliefs. She is setting her own rules for herself, not what is proper for a classroom.

Special EDy said:
The teacher has been there for 43 years, I will trust her opinion over the ranting of an emotional youth.
Of course you would because you agree with her atheist views.

This old bag sounds senile and should be retired. This incident is a good way to get her out of tthe classroom.

Special EDy said:
So once again, all your arguments are straw-man arguments. There is not one person other than I who has addressed the key points. Your claims of hatred towards Christianity or destroying of faith are as valid as me blaming global warming for this event. The child wasn't punished. The child argued in class with her teacher. The student continually verbally assaulted the teacher.
You haven't addresed sh1t other than your own biased and wrong opinions.

The teacher was questioning the student why she said "God Bless You", the student replied to her questions until the teacher got pissed off.

If a teacher was talking about religion, you wouldn't support it now would you? You would get pissed off if a teacher was questioning you about your non beliefs. Then you would answer back. Again, you want seperate rules created just for you.

You atheists want everything to suit you and the hell with everybody else. If someone mentions something religious or defends their beliefs, then according to you, it's out of line and shouldn't be spoken.

You can't discriminate against religion in a classroom, you will get fired for that. Just as you can't discriminate against the non believers.

Some schools have a no hat policy due to gang colors and team logos. You can't force jewish kid to take off his yamaka or kid wearing a turban because it is a hat. That is religious discrimination as well as limiting speech.

I suggest you read up on the Constitution and understand what rights everybody has. You can't pick and choose what a person can do just because you happen to disagree with it.

Take some Special Ed classes because you sure need an education about how our country works. Your igorance is shameful. :yes:

VikingKing

Banned
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
I'm not trying to force anti-religion down your throat, quite the opposite is true. I don't think anybody should force their religion down anybodies throat. You realize this makes me the neutral party, by not having a religion?
Somehow, a certain religion in this country feels that when they aren't allowed special privileges they are being mistreated.
Homos would be treated with as much disdain in a public setting as Christians for saying to much. Inappropriate or hateful speech is usually treated as such. Once again, you are not the neutral party. You are the one asking for special permissions and for restrictions to be placed onto others, gays just want equal rights.

As to why things can be offensive? Just because it is religious in nature, does not make it nice. Should I not be offended when someone tells me I'm going to burn in hell for eternity (and sometimes with the addition that they take joy in this)because I don't agree with them? Things like "have a blessed day" can be stated with the inflection of sarcasm. There are countless ways in which nice things are contorted into negatives.

All this is beside the point of this topic. The girl disrupted the class and was appropriately reprimanded. Quite possibly she was already warned. The way the information is presented gives me a notion that she purposely outburst with a phrase "bless you" to test the limits of her speech. It's possible she could of said Gesundheit and been equally punished, or that the phrase "bless you" was particularly insubordinate given the history of the teacher. She played the victim card on her parents, and has played you. Her intelligence quite exceeds that of a great number who have bought into her child's game.
Seriously? For saying bless you? Your retarded for saying this.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I say good for that young girl for standing up for her beliefs, and against that teacher's looney tunes nazi dictatorial intolerant communist oppressive screwy @ss pig rules.

Maybe she should also ban using the days of the week, since several of them are named after Norse or Greek gods.

Danger said:
To further remove any reference to God in our classrooms, we must now ban the following phrases....

•Good God.
•Holy <insert any word here>.
•Thank Heavens.
•Thank God.
•Calling anyone an "Angel".
•Any children named Adam or Eve. If your child is named Jesus but is pronounced "Hey Suse" it is acceptable because we must remain toleratant of other cultures.
Way to go, Danger. You've just given the leftists their agenda for the next six months.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
The question remains though, why isn't ANY disruption penalized with a lower grade?

The professor is smart, he is only punishing those who would say a religious phrase, but running cover under the guise of "interruptions".
Excellent point. This is a typical left wing tactic. Obviously there are some leftist walking papers somewhere giving the directive to attack the phrase "bless you". Then this professor tries to sneak this ban in under the guise of it being rude to interrupt (although for some reason it's only the words "bless you" that are disruptive). Then once that is established, then it's a shorter step to the next step, which is banning the phrase altogether.

I'm kind of glad I grew up in this country when I did, even though it means I'll be in the ground sooner. They've taken our freedoms from us an inch at a time, and it just continues on.

This professor will cut 15% off of your grade if you say the words "bless you". After you pay big money for your education. Pretty stiff considering this is something that a lot of people do almost instinctively.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Incrementalism is one of the most powerful forces in the universe. The proverbial boiling the frog.

A wise person would capture audio of the professor ignoring all interruptions but penalizing the religious ones, and then let the lawsuits fly.
Its his class, he can do whatever he wants. If you don't like it then take another class. Or go to one of the countless christian universities in this country.

Typical religious hypocrisy, so many religious colleges to choose from and you expect the secular ones to be christian too. Most of the universities around where I live are christian.

Also I love how they lie and say a student was suspended in Tennessee for saying bless you, we've already been through that in this thread. Didn't happen.

And proof of the double standard existent on both sides, which is nothing more than a fact of life.
Atheist group banned from public high school

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Special EDy said:
And proof of the double standard existent on both sides, which is nothing more than a fact of life.
Atheist group banned from public high school
Not really. Lets not beat around the bush. This new wave of loud Marxist indoctrinated in your face atheists are more often than not socially awkward omegas and unwashed bull dykes. They generally DON'T fit in to established Western societies very well. They kind of have a point.

Many people in Western countries haven't believed in a God for centuries with no problems. It's only recently a very small bored minority with no real hardships in their uneventful lives started picking up bullhorns and creating groups to "celebrate" their Godlessness which let's face it the more mentally healthy members of society never gave a phuck about anyway.

It's simply a "safe" way to manufacture outrage by culturally oblivious useful idiots toeing the Marxist line fed to them by our keepers and their quest to destroy any last vestiges of Christian morality or more importantly the threat of the traditional family unit and the strength and ties that comes with it.