Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Good looks = no fashion mistakes?

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
Today I was out with a group of girls (just friends) and some guy was wearing an orange shirt with army fatigue shorts, it really looked bad. Now granted he was good looking and the girls said "He can get away with wearing that".

It seems like if you're good looking people think whatever you wear looks good. Yet if an ugly guy was wearing it he'd look like an idiot. Why is this?

saki

Don Juan
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:
Today I was out with a group of girls (just friends) and some guy was wearing an orange shirt with army fatigue shorts, it really looked bad. Now granted he was good looking and the girls said "He can get away with wearing that".

It seems like if you're good looking people think whatever you wear looks good. Yet if an ugly guy was wearing it he'd look like an idiot. Why is this?
Because they are too busy noticing the hot guy, clothes are a secondary thought. If an ugly guy is wearing that, the ugly blows right past them and the clothes become the primary thought.

elmo

Don Juan
Reaction score
since when did american broads become fashion gods? aren't we talking about the same group that likes to wear flip-flops all the freaking time? american broads still remind me of linebackers (low to the ground and really wide).

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
elmo said:
since when did american broads become fashion gods? aren't we talking about the same group that likes to wear flip-flops all the freaking time? american broads still remind me of linebackers (low to the ground and really wide).

in rich/metro areas american girls can be hot and dress really nice...

but yeah, in most smaller cities and ****ty burbs they definitely lack and kind of class/fashion sense.

but hey, it pretty much applies to american guys as well.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spaceman2001 said:

Why do you think all the clothing companies in the world pay big money to have good looking people modeling for their cloths?
Because they look good, as long as the cloths are fit, no matter what they wear, they look good.
And they make us believe that it's because of what they are wearing. And we will pay big money to buy their cloths that are (most of the time) after all quite "common".
Have you guys ever had things like a Ralph Lauren polo (basically a simple polo with a guy riding a horse stamp on it) or a Yves Saint Laurent shirt (basically a nice but simple shirt with the famous "YSL" logo on it) or something similar from other famous brands? It's more about brand image than any intrinsic value.

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its the way you carry your clothes. its the man who makes the clothes. every don juan should know that by now. early on, we are given a set of rules. then we are actually taught to break them. fashion is no exception.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is an interesting topic of discussion.
But i think Le Parisien may be making a good point...who knows it could be true.

fashion is very opinionated anyway, something can look great one day and the next day it's garbage.