Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going to a club first time ever on Saturday, any tips?

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, me again.

So this Saturday I'm going to a party that's held in Hemingway, thing is, I've never been to a club before and I'm 70 % certain that I'll have a bit of a shock in the first few minutes. Anyways, I'm not certain what to do, I know that I WILL have fun, but I'm relatively clueless to the rest.

Any of you have any tips?

PrettyBoyA

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't be self conscious or scared of the dance floor

and if it's your first time, drink alot

=Nathan=

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, Drink alot then you feel alot more confident.

And as the post above me said do not be scared of the dance floor, i remember i used to be but yeah not any more.

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I don't drink alcohol. And I don't plan on doing that but thanks for the tip anyway.

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Other than the fact that I have a VERY low tolerance for it, I simply HATE it with a passion that rivals my passion for writing, so...yeah, no drinking.

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get on the dance floor immediately no matter how bad you are at dancing. The worst dancer on the dance floor is still ten times cooler than the loser standing alone against the wall staring at chicks. Just be confident, dance with lots of girls, and go with the flow and enjoy yourself.

Having fun is more important than trying to look cool or trying to get laid, but you'll still look the coolest and get laid the most when you have fun.

Don't make things harder or scarier than they have to be. Your only goal for the night is to enjoy yourself, how hard is that?

P.S. Drinking definitely helps but if you need to be drunk to have a good time, your problems extend beyond your liver.

dbot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but TRY to embarrass yourself on the dance floor. Whenever I go to a club, the first thing I do is go crazy with cliche dance moves like The Lawnmower or The Sprinkler. You know what I'm talking about. This puts me in a silly mood and always pumps me up to have fun. Remember, clubs are LOUD. Don't go in there expecting to have great conversations with people. But if you go nuts from the start, I promise you'll have a good time :D

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, sonnuva*****.

Just got back from the doctors, something about my lung collapsing... God dammit...I'm gonna need to check-in into a hospital and will be hospitalized for at least two weeks.

Just my ****ing luck...

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got released today.

And yeah, I'm crazy, but I'm going next friday...so...WHY AREN'T THERE ANY MORE TIPS HERE XO?

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm healthy enough to dance, I don't feel like crap anymore :D.

Trust me, if I wasn't ready to go, I wouldn't go for all the women or parties in the world.

So...yeah...tips, please... (man, I really sound desperate for some reason XD)

TheWayOfAllFlesh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It was my first time at a club last weekend and no matter how drunk I was I got up and danced but still felt stiff and couldn't let loose "/

Still i managed to snog this girls face off three times. Although I had been gaming her for a couple of weeks so i'm still scared to approach strangers/don't know what to do.

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remmber MY first day in the club. I'll never EVER forget it!!

I was total looser at that time, (Two years ago) but I really did have a way to embarass myself lmfao. I was really excited in that day but really really anxious. I was going with three friends, one who used to go to clubs, one who was a fat arrogant guy who "is too mature to have fun" and another who is so so.

I danced for 5 minutes... Before in that day I teased about going to the platform, (The highest point in the club, where everyone could see me, especially me being so tall) and my friends were like pushing me and I went STRAIGHT UP THERE. WHAT was I thinking? :p I got teased like hell... People tought I was drunk. But I was really excited. Then three chicks started chatting up to ME. I didn't really do anything (WTF?!) and they were like teaching me dance moves. It was FUN! I never tought I'd like a club, but that was a okay moment. a good moment dare I say! (NOW that I look back, it was frikin awsome!) Then they went away and gave me a braclet. Yahoo.

I was actually supported when I went down... People were like you should have gone with them, and I was, damn, why didn't I think of that?! XD

The two other friends teased me for a while, but they didn't do ****. Since that day, everyone always asks me to dance and copies dance moves I did, even tho I didn't know what the hell I was doing. ACtually, that was one hell of a night! I don't think I got more attention in that summer ever.

My tip to you is to do something out of your mind. You don't even need alcohol- just get out of your comfort zone! You'll get really nervous, but guess what, even if all these people try to bring ya down, be happy! It DOESN'T MATTER. You'll have the BEST positive energy in the zone, and EVERYONE is attracted to that. You'll feel like you will win the world. But you have to have courage! Sometimes you don't even realise it, but next day, you'll look back and think... THAT WAS AWSOME!

So get out of your comfort zone, even if you do get anxious, even better! channel that to excitment which will up your crazyness! In a party crazy is the rule!
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=154021

Adam

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^

Good advice.

I read a thread once (wish I could find it again) all about getting into 'the zone'. Most of us have experienced it at one point; you feel like a God, you get on with everyone and girls just seem to melt into you.

So how'd you get into this state of supreme social magnificence?

Lose your inhibitions.

No fear, no nervousness, no hesitation. And here's how you do it:

1.Go to a public place(going with a friend is recommended for your first go)

2.Start small and simple - ask a stranger what the time is/for directions, whatever (taking it in turns with your friend - it's good motivation)

3.Progress, spark up a small conversation with someone you've never seen before - the weather, a latest cinema release, your opinion on the current state of economics - anything.

(This is all just a light warmup to get you in the mood)

4.Shout something, as loud as you can in the middle of a crowd or a busy street - a 'YEEHAW!' or a 'HELL YEAH!' works great - people will look/stare but it's intoxicating - you just don't care.

5.Run, and I mean RUN backwards through a crowded street. It might sound crazy, but at this point you really couldn't care less about what these people think of you and you feel fantastic.

6.Rock on down to your party/club/ social occasion and feel like an absolute don.

Really, this does work. I've done it myself a couple of times and it's like being quite drunk, but you're fully aware of everything you do. My buddy thought I was mad as we got to step 4, but if you show you have the balls to do it first, they'll get into it soon enough.

Let me know how it works out for you :)

Cheers
Adam

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomorrow's the big day, and I'll try to make the best use of your tips...

But, as is, I have one big issue...that's dancing. I know how to dance if it's rap or, hell, rock even. But the music they play at Hemingway is of the techno and house variety...

Any help with that?

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lose your inhibitions. Whether this means alcohol or not, it depends on you. For me, it meant getting absolutely hammered.

Mr. Sarcasm

Don Juan
Reaction score
The party was yesterday, I ended up getting slightly drunk due to my evil cousin. She didn't even tell me what she gave me to drink (turned out to be Rum-Cola, and I drank nine glasses till I realized that it didn't quite taste like Cola...I'm a ****in' idiot.)

Flirted with the waitress for a bit, danced, but didn't gather the courage to walk up to a girl...Well, I did, but turned out she was taken XO

Going too the next one next Saturday, gonna do everything to make it better.