Going out with your professor?

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Not sure if this belongs in this forum, as I'm not over 25 but the subject of this post is about my female professor who is just over 30 (she's not married).

Anyways, at first I thought she was just being kind to everyone because she was trying to get positive reviews (she's in the process of getting a PHD, probably aiming to become a tenured prof). We get along pretty well and I'm one of her "favorites" in the class. Back then, I would just waive off asking her out because of the situation between a student and a professor.

However, would this be a situation like with co-workers where "you don't dip in the company ink"? Are there things I should be wary about before proceeding into this territory? Anyone asked out their attractive teachers before?

Thanks in advance for your constructive input.

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't unless it was obvious that she'd say yes, and I'd probably wait until I wasn't in her class any more. I mean it's only a semester.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You may possibly be a genious!

Look at it this way;(This is assuming you are a man about approaching her and no matter what her response is you keep your cool.)

~You ask her out,she says yes,she has no choice but to give you a good grade or you can tell her highers. If you "nail" her I bet you get an "A" but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

~You ask her out,she says no,she looks at it as a compliment,time comes to turn in grades,you have a 69% but since you flattered her by asking her out,maybe you get a 70% because you "tried hard".

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about f.ucking one of my professors so I can pass a class that I'm currently failing. haha

Freddy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(Hey I went out with my teacher years ago. well thats besides my point)

Unless she gives you IOI from her DONT ask her out. You create a very awkward situation.

And the absolute worst thing that could happen is some female coworker/teacher etc. presses sexual harrassment charges agaisnt you (so be VERY careful with dealing with work mates). (Even if you didnt do anything wrong) The way the court system is, its bias agaisnt men and they tend to believe a women's words over yours.
Just be careful!

Reaction score
College professors are not allowed to date their students!!!! Only can date you if you are not in her class.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Freddy1 said:
(Hey I went out with my teacher years ago. well thats besides my point)

Unless she gives you IOI from her DONT ask her out. You create a very awkward situation.

And the absolute worst thing that could happen is some female coworker/teacher etc. presses sexual harrassment charges agaisnt you (so be VERY careful with dealing with work mates). (Even if you didnt do anything wrong) The way the court system is, its bias agaisnt men and they tend to believe a women's words over yours.
Just be careful!
Thanks everyone for their responses so far. I am currently doing well in the course so no need to sleep around for marks haha.

After posting this thread, it seems as though I have already started going down the route of "analyzing". This seems to have stem from the fact that this situation between a professor and a student is foreign to me. I have received some IOI's from her. She complimented me on my smile and asked for my name during the beginning of the year. She has asked me a few questions about myself (what year am I in, what class was this test I am taking from etc.), and initiated conversation the other day while we walked together to her office for her office hours after a brief silence ("so how are you?"). Only thing is there has been no kino so far.

She projects an image of a classy personality (more into art, poetry, studies etc.) with a cool witty sense of humour.
She's usually smiling too, and that's attractive.

^that's enough of "analyses", basically I think the underlying question is: How does one differentiate a person just being kind (in her context of being a professor trying to help her students) versus showing genuine interest?

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
College professors are not allowed to date their students!!!! Only can date you if you are not in her class.
They might not be allowed to but I have spoken to many girls who have fvcked their professors while being their students. When it comes to sex, those guys will take chances.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Result

Just to Update:

So at school, somehow we made small talk. Then she brought up a guy's name, and then a couple sentences later said "her fiance..(blah blah)". I had already prepared to probe whether she was with someone or not, so I'm so glad I found that out before asking her out. If she had said "boyfriend", I would have gone ahead and asked her out anyways.

Anyways, she was still her usual joyful self, sharing info about herself. It confirmed (most likely) that she was just like that usually to most ppl.

I assumed she was not attached to someone else from a few clues (of course, not always reliable). The only ring she wears is on her left middle finger, not the ring finger. She had one type of ring earlier in the semester and then now wears another type of ring on that finger. Once in a while, she doesn't wear any rings at all. I was not aware that a ring on the left middle finger means you're engaged? I thought you also put the engagement ring on the left ring finger too, just like the wedding ring. Someone want to confirm or clarify this?

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

Kino your ass off. Build attraction. When you notice the difference in the way she acts towards you, you invite her over to watch a movie, or to look at your book collection or art collection, whatever bs excuse you want to, and you fvck her.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
Doesn't matter.

Kino your ass off. Build attraction. When you notice the difference in the way she acts towards you, you invite her over to watch a movie, or to look at your book collection or art collection, whatever bs excuse you want to, and you fvck her.
^even if she is engaged? :confused:
She has acted kindly to me since the beginning, so it seems like she's just like that to ppl in general.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Live-n-learn said:
^even if she is engaged? :confused:
She has acted kindly to me since the beginning, so it seems like she's just like that to ppl in general.
The purpose of this thread is to fvck her. That's what I'm doing here, helping you to fvck her.

You play your game, she can quit anytime, her loss. While you spin your other plates you do what I said, and if your game is solid and she wants to (she does, she would love to have your d!ck inside of her), there will be an A+ fvck going on.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had something similar, but from the other side. I was a teacher's assistant (am a grad student), and an attraction developed between a student and I. The school policy officially is to leave it up to the individuals, but discourage doing much. Most schools have a similar policy. I waited until the class was over, so we return to both being just students. I then acted... nothing came of it.

Suggest you wait until the class is over, before anything. Don't use DJ'ism to mess up your life.

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
The purpose of this thread is to fvck her. That's what I'm doing here, helping you to fvck her.

You play your game, she can quit anytime, her loss. While you spin your other plates you do what I said, and if your game is solid and she wants to (she does, she would love to have your d!ck inside of her), there will be an A+ fvck going on.
Hey I appreciate the help. I'm just trying to better understand the situation (or actually I shouldn't). However, doesn't her being engaged mean she has already quit? I know that women will cheat on their boyfriends, but not as many will cheat on their fiance?

To Thomas94305: It is pretty much the end of the class (just the exam leftover to do), and I was about to ask her out but as stated earlier in the thread, turns out she has a fiance (someone wanna confirm that engagement ring finger issue?). This is what SamePendo is trying to help me with. I wanted to make the move now because I don't wanna delay any further. I can still take her class next semester but it probably is too late (if she really wanted me despite being engaged).

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long before the class ends?

If it's in a small period of time, or long, kino your ass off. If it's a short period of time, the last, or the day before, ask her out for coffee, and then take her back to your place to show the art collection or whatever. Or take her out on a Don Ronny date, and take her back to your place.

NorPacWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Does she single you out for this type of attention?

2. See if this 'kind' behavior continues once the term is concluded.

3. No one can tell you what your moral position is; if you feel uncomfortable with her status, move on.

Live-n-learn said:

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Live-n-learn said:
Hey Everyone,

Not sure if this belongs in this forum, as I'm not over 25 but the subject of this post is about my female professor who is just over 30 (she's not married).

Anyways, at first I thought she was just being kind to everyone because she was trying to get positive reviews (she's in the process of getting a PHD, probably aiming to become a tenured prof). We get along pretty well and I'm one of her "favorites" in the class. Back then, I would just waive off asking her out because of the situation between a student and a professor.

I knew a girl who started dating one of the professors WHILE she was in his class. And it created a lot of issues, and some problems with her friendships (see, they now can accuse of sleeping with the guy for a good grade).

I would recommend that you look into waiting until your class semester is over (or switch professors). Then see if there's a possibility if you two happen to meet outside of class. Do you know anything about this woman, other than he looks and that she's "nice" and "smart?"

Give it time. Be patient.