Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going out with a girl to see horse racing

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone got tips on how to have fun betting? What are the chances the favorite comes in first? it's more like 80%?

Thanks

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
um. no.

tell me what track you are going to and what day and i can give you some picks.

fav's hit at about a 33% clip. it's the quick way to the poor house.

i've been to virtually every track in the country besides a few, i can probably tell you the good eat spots around that track and in the track as well.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is too long for me to post as a private message so i posted it here

1. if you are trying to have fun and not lose your wallet, stick to the .10 cent superfectas. that is picking thef irst four winners in order. each bet only costs you 10 cents.

so in the first race if you like

over the

over the

over the

that woud cost you a grand total of 1 dollar and 20 cents. in the past that would cost you 24 bucks (2 dollar wager for each entry)

if it hits you get 10% of the 1 dollar pay off. if it pays 1,200 bucks you make 120 dollars.

it's harder to hit defiantly but you won't be broke when you leave. 20-30 bucks, at most.

no one plays 2 dollar win wagers, and you go on a losing streak and you can be out of some real money.

2. use some common sense when it comes to betting, you get really good at picking out horse confirmation and horse behavior butg before you make any wager, just take a look at the horse in the post parade, if he looks like he hasn't eaten in a week or is acting like a horse is not supposed to act toss him or her

as far as the races themselves, in the first, all of the horses that have already ran ****ing suck. elkeberryis the best jockey there and gets on a first time starter. without looking at the horses themselves i would not bet on anything that has already ran. the best jockey gernally has his pick of what horses he wants to ride at a track, generally, and he doesn'tw ant to touch any of the first time starters tells me all i need to know.

so i'd key all my wagers in the first aorund 7 horse. also that trainer has two entries, if the 6 is scratched, i'd go all in on the 7.

i'd take a good look at the three horse as well. first time they ran, ran up the track tehy are dropping in class and adding blinkers. that's a good sign. probably is going to improve a tad.

in the 2nd race, i would personally pass, but i am looking for a long term investment. if you are at the track and just trying to have some fun i would not bet against the 1 cagey. i don't see value in the 1 but i would not bet against him either so i'd personally pass the race.

in the third i would probably box the 2 and the 3.

race 4 i would bet regal jo. don't see her losing.

in race 5 i'd take a shot and go with racecar rags off the huge class drop. has faced much much tougher. the two favs finished 2nd and 3rd in this same type of race last time out but raceccar rags has faced much better. biggest class drop in horse racing is maiden special weight to maiden claiming and this is a really big class drop. doubt you get 6 to 1.

race 6 i would go Caboosian Lass unlesss grindeston's lass racies in price alot. if she does, i would go with her. they are virtually the same horse but cl's has a better jockey

race 7 dont' even bother looking at the past performances. simply go to the track and watch the post parade and pick the horse that looks the best (seriously). this is a bottom of the barrell claiming race, and what they have done in the past is irrevelant beucause all of them are in the bottom becuase they are sore/tired horses. pick the one that looks the best

can't help you on the quarterhorse races, i dno't do quarterhorse racing.

i will prefernce that by saying i normally don't make a wager utnil i am able to see a horse iwth my own two eyes. but tryign to help you out.

also, they have a restaurant on the third floor that's half decent and a bar.

canterbury is not a major circit track, i normally play 1 mid west track (arrlington as we speak), one florida track (calder) and one socal track (right now hollywood park). but i follow racing enough to know the scene everywhere just about.

canterbury has a rail bias. horses that get to the rail run better. not good track for deep closers, speed holds.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow dude, major rep, you know your stuff!

How long is the time between races? We can go anytime, but I was thinking of showing up about an hour after, may be 8:30? How many races would I miss at that point? Looks like I might have her come over earlier

You say have fun and bet on 4 horses in order, but that seems like a crazy bet but I guess that's why it's cheap.

Additionally you pick the winner individually, so on those I should just go straight up on the horse you picked.

I had Cordon tell me to look if the horse's ears are perked up and if it is not sweating - that is a good sign. I know last time I went this one horse was going a little nuts and I knew it wasn't going to come first, I was right.

Thanks again bro, you should come out here sometime I'll buy you a beer or 3.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
between 25 and 30 mintues between races. post parade is always 10 mintues to post. iwill nto make a wager, not one without looking at the horses first. horse could have stepped on something and just be in a bat **** mood.

ik'd get there first hte first two races, they are good wagering races.

it's crazy and i don't do it often myself but at the same time, it is very cheap and you can win a ****load of money. i h ave only hit 1 in my life, about a year and a half ago off a 50 cent ticket, for about 600 bucks. i make more than that making win bets, but its' a good ROI. it will keep her happy and keep you in the black lol..

that's pretty much what i do with my fiancee, i give her 50 bucks and tell her to knock herself out. she could not pick a winner in a 1 horse race. we go vritually everyday. she gets to have something to cheer for and let me do what i need to do. plus we have firends there and the like. she's hit a few off pure luck, one for about 3 grand.

the winning horses is what i would key the bet off of. if i like the 5 in race 5 for instance, i will have him to win and allm y other wagers, ould be based off that. if i were doing a superfecta, i'd go 5 on top with whatever else is on the bottom.

you should be able to make those wagers and at least cover yousrelf. pretty sate wagers, its' a chalky card (bunch of fav's). you aren't going to get rich betting that card. it's a meat and potatoes type race program they have tonight.

you are in the midwest, i would not pay atten tion th sweating. are you sweating when it's 100 degrees outside? also, alot lof times trainers will throw water over a horse when ti's hot and you are looking at water, not sweat. so i would not put to much stock in that (me personally).

just look at the horses, it's not that complcated. use common sense.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to bring spitballs and a straw. Time to make real money.

Thanks for the info. I can send you pics of horses over the phone lol

I can't really pick for ****, so I am going with what horse looks good on paper + if it looks good in person + whatever horse looks good later x your prediction. Let's see what happens.

I don't think I could pick beyond 3 horses personally

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nah i have to see the moving. i'm giong out to eat later today anyway

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ik'd get there first hte first two races, they are good wagering races.
wait, didn't you say you DON't like the 2nd race at all??

I figured on your directions you liked 1 and then the rest?

thx again.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like them but my objectives are different from yours. i am trying to be positive at the end of the month/year. you are trying to have a good day.

there is a good chance a price can come in int he 2nd race.

Still_Skippin

Banned
Reaction score
this thread is full of fail. going to a horse race or going to the prom, it won't matter unless you're hot.

Last edited:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
total nightmare!! We came, lost $300, she lost $150, got pissed we argued and she drove home leaving me stranded! DAMNNNN YOU BB!

Lol, not at all actually. Got there after the first race, put a place bet I think, won 2.60 off $2 bet, then next race we both started betting, she is a smart girl so started reading all the stats on the horses,We were always one horse away, some horse would **** it all up- on race i had 2 normal bets and then did the 4 horse thing boxed.

the 2 normal bets were crap but i look at the ticket and there they are - all 4 numbers are in order. I almost crapped my pants, took her to the machine, thought I was going to make $1000 right there and then, and when i put the ticket in i won the grand total on $6.80 LOL there are boxed bets for ya.

went to play blackjack, she's never played, went down then back up left with a little gain.

spent about 4 hours there, was a pretty good time, then off to her place.

Thanks again BB. Horse racing is hard, but it is fun especially with a group

one race 2 good horses were scratched so it was 3 bad horses 3 good horses. I thought the good bet was 3 good boxed so I doubled my bet. well a bad horse messed it all up again lol. This was race 6?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iti s very hard. it took me over a decade of 60-80 hour weeks to get where i am now. it's not something tha comes overnight and why i know when i step on the track i have the compeitive advantage over most there. i just know more.