Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

God I miss the 90s

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
You guys realize there are now kids born in the 90s who are legally considered adults?

It blows my mind some of the great stuff these kids missed out on. My sister is almost 18, and she knows nothing of Seinfeld, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Nirvana, 2pac, Boyz II Men, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo. I remember dances in middle school, awkwardly getting up the nerve to slow dance with girls to "I'll Make You Love to You" and going home with my buddies and playing Streets of Rage 2 all night on my Sega.

Those were the days. All the crap pop culture puts out now is disgusting. My sister is into all sorts of weird emo and pop punk bands. Listening to it makes me want to puke. It's got nothing on Sublime, Nirvana, Pearl Jam or even Soundgarden.

Sports aren't the same anymore at all, either. Remember when the NBA was something you'd stay home on Friday nights to watch? I remember when I was in the seventh grade I watched every Bulls home game the year Jordan returned from his second retirement and Chicago won 72 games.

Those were the days. If you're reading this and you're too young to know what I am talking about, then I feel bad for you because this decade sucks. The 90s were the decade where music was awesome, video games were at their apex and professional athletes were more down to earth and engaging than they ever have been.
You suffer from what is known as missing the old days.
Everyone everywhere suffers from this.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to admit that the late nineties were the WORST years for music.

Boy bands(courtesy of that fat bastarrd Ron Perlman), Spice Girls, Vacuous Radio Pop(Hanson, Third Eye Blind etc), Nu-Metal(Bizkit and Papa Roach...garbage!), and the whole Latino cash-in.... I never understood how Jennifer Lopez was marketed as latino music when its really just pop music being sung by a Latin woman.

The kids nowadays still listen to 60s and 70s rock - Floyd, Beatles, Stones etc. That stuff is culturally relevant and incredible, and withstands the test of time. Classical music is also in this category.

Anyway, the late nineties SUCKED for music.

guayaballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
when phones where HUGE and their was no screen only flashing lights. now we have phones that do everything.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL I used to like N sync and Britney Spears. Britney was hot in "Baby One More Time" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bsniYwSaWg I was a senior in HS when that came out. I think Britney was 18 back then. Heh, I remember trying to learn the words to N sync's Bye Bye Bye. Don't forget Pretty Fly (For a White Guy.)

I can't believe that nobody brought up the original Playstation. It was the first system that knocked Nintendo off it's horse. Once Final Fantasy VII came out for the PS I never looked back at Nintendo. The impact that Final Fantasy VII had on the RPG market was immense.

The 90's was the time of Mega Man X. Back then the bluebomber was cool. Zero was better.

Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 were the last "good" Sonic games.

Married with Children was great, the series ended in 97.

Heh I just realized that this thread is basically, "I love the 90's, Pop Up Video style" :D

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was age 10-20 in the 90's. I liked it but this decade is far superior for someone my age. Buisness in my industry couldn't exist without the technology utlized by us regularly.

Don't get me wrong, my adolecence was fantastic, lots of parties, cheap gas, lifeguarding for p*ssy with no worries, but I would hardly say it was the "highlight" of my life in anyway. College in hawaii my life in vegas during it's prosperity age, I couldn't dream of anything finer for myself.

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
90s video games are sh1t, try playing them now.

TV in the 90s was corny, apart from seinfeld and xfiles. But curb is better than seinfeld, purely for the fact that curb is not as censored

everyone was depressed and doing heroin.

rave music sounded cheap compared to edm music coming out now, the technology is just better now.

the fashion was absolutely atrocious, worse than the 80s, which came back recently and I hope it goes away in a big, big hurry.

skaters sh1t me up the wall

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 30, I feel like the 2000's haven't even counted. How many guys do you know who are 24-26-28-30, lost in life, lack of confidence, lack of direction?

It seems like about '96, '98 everything stopped and went stupid...

-Pop culture. It went loopy and crazy.

-All the self help and pyscho babble. Suze Orman, and all the silliness you see online now. An explosion of advice. People can't think for themselves anymore.

-Sports. Baseball went downhill. The NBA went into the toilet.

-Wrestling.

-Quality of Tv.

More imagination. More of a life outside.

The economy went insane. Housing went insane in some areas.

Everything has been so dumbed down, it's scary. My dad use to watch Candid Camera, and Americas Funniest Home videos in the 90's, early 90's after work.

Now, it's "Are you smarter than a 5th grader". It's gotten so stupid in just 10 years. The jingles, the graphics, the endless teasers and promos. It's been a mass dumbing down.

I don't know if it's a case of missing the old days. There was a real shift/change, around 95, 96, 97, 98. Like the lights got turned out.

I watch clips of the 90's on youtube, NBA on NBC openers, and the people there were better off than we are now.

I don't know...now you've got 10 million guys on these dating/get girls websites, are we better off than we were in the 90's?

Truman181

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GQ_Confidence_1 said:
I'm 30, I feel like the 2000's haven't even counted. How many guys do you know who are 24-26-28-30, lost in life, lack of confidence, lack of direction?

It seems like about '96, '98 everything stopped and went stupid...

-Pop culture. It went loopy and crazy.

-All the self help and pyscho babble. Suze Orman, and all the silliness you see online now. An explosion of advice. People can't think for themselves anymore.

-Sports. Baseball went downhill. The NBA went into the toilet.

-Wrestling.

-Quality of Tv.

More imagination. More of a life outside.

The economy went insane. Housing went insane in some areas.

Everything has been so dumbed down, it's scary. My dad use to watch Candid Camera, and Americas Funniest Home videos in the 90's, early 90's after work.

Now, it's "Are you smarter than a 5th grader". It's gotten so stupid in just 10 years. The jingles, the graphics, the endless teasers and promos. It's been a mass dumbing down.

I don't know if it's a case of missing the old days. There was a real shift/change, around 95, 96, 97, 98. Like the lights got turned out.

I watch clips of the 90's on youtube, NBA on NBC openers, and the people there were better off than we are now.

I don't know...now you've got 10 million guys on these dating/get girls websites, are we better off than we were in the 90's?
Hell yeah man, this decade was mediocre.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the 90s lovers 90210 is coming back in a week and NKOTB just reunited, lol.

int3l

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i was born 1989 so i guess i lived through the 90's. Honestly though it doesn't really make a difference, culture and history has a tenancy to repeat itself and fashion trends seem to like moving in circles. Only sit-com i think i found really funny was friends and seinfield.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
(The 90s was a great economical blooming). Now, I am not going to say which decade was better as the answer will always be “depends on which context”. Obviously…career wise for me I bloomed in the current decade. But that has more to do with the fact that I am 40 NOW and not in 1998. I do believe that generally speaking there has been a lot of dummy down and AFCism from part of the U.S. population during the current decade.

In the Island…the 1980s was a great decade. In fact, Salsa music was considerably better in the 1980s than any other decade.

Now, I was in the mainland for part of the 1980s (and was exposed to the music, movies, and sports even when I was in the Island) and I will say that looking at the 80s…a LOT of great things came during that decade.

For the person that said that Ghostbusters was the ONLY good thing coming in the 1980s. I disagree.

SPORTS
Boxing: Sugar Ray Leonard, Tyson, Michael Spinks, and 15 rounders
Baseball: Roger Clements, the A’s
NBA: Byrd vs. Magic
Hockey: Wayne Gretzky
NFL: Joe Montana, Dan Marino, the Bears, the Redskins, the 49ers

MUSIC
U-2, Whitney Houston, New Edition, Michael Jackson, Freddie Jackson, Phil Collins, Rod Stewart, Chicago, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Gun and Roses, In Vogue, Maddona, Duran Duran, Prince, AC/DC, Aerothmic, Foreigner, Lionel Richie, Billy Idol, Cher, Bon Jovi.

MOVIES
ET, The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi, all three Indiana Jones movies, Rain Man, Batman, Lethal Weapon I and II, Top Gun, Platoon, Coming to America, The Color of Purple, An Officer and a Gentleman, Ghostbusters, The Untouchables

COMMEDY
Richard Prior and Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase, etc.

MISCELLANEOUS
Space Invaders, Rubik’s Cube, Ray Bans

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I think we can agree on one thing...

The decade we're in is the crappiest of all. The decade of hi-speed internet, reality TV, crap music, and crap movies.

Like somebody else said, it's like we don't have any pop culture anymore.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I don't like this decade at all either. Bush/Cheney in charge, memorable movies are too much of a rarity, the rock/alternative music feels sterile and there's no redeemable mainstream music scene like there was in the 90s, and everybody seems glued to their computer screens.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 90's was a golden decade. Anyone remember pogs? Yo yo's used to be the thing back then too, and that was when I would wake up Saturday morning just to watch cartoons. Times change really fast.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, in the 90s they always showed the classic Looney Tunes cartoons on Saturday morning. I too remember waking up early and running downstairs to watch. It was part of my childhood.

But while 90s were good (heck we got Seinfeld out of it, lol), IMO the 70s and the 80s were better in terms of pop culture. I'm only 18 so I didn't live during it, but based on what I've seen, they were better years.

But the current decade is just so bad...not only is nothing is as good as it used to be, most of it is complete crap. I HATE reality TV. I HATE the emo/gay culture. I just hate what we're turning into...

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with the guys that said the 90's were better than this decade. I doubt it's been this bad since the 30's. I can remember back to the early 80's and I think I see a trend. Every decade has its good and bad. This is the trend I'm seeing. The good times started in the 50's, peaked somewhere in the 60's or 70's and have been going down hill ever since and at an accelerated rate since 2000.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't want to sound like an old man, but honestly I think that's about right. Although others would say that we peaked in the 50s, and although the 60s and 70s were fun, they destroyed the culture and it's only now that we're seeing the results. but at least in the 90s there were still redeeming parts....

But yeah no matter how you look at it, we're definitely going down now.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember Louie Anderson had his own cartoon show where he was a kid, I forgot much of what happened within the show, but I highly enjoyed it. I also loved coming home for lunch from school to watch Family Feud. Sometimes I even don't eat lunch just to watch it, it was the best game show there IMO.