Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

GNC Whey protein

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys , I have just brought this GNC whey protein from the states (french vanilla) . it tastes like **** when i mixed it with milk so what do u think guys??? shalli mix it with fruit juices or how do u guys consume like 3 scoopes a day of this **** . i m just a mere beginner in this supplement thing .

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should of bought chocolate. But it tastes like **** with milk?? I thought it tasted great with milk! Well I've never heard anything about mixing it with fruit juices..

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try it with water. I dont know how it goes with juices.

But think of it this way. Do you want to get laughed at cause you're a skinny little toothpic, or do you want to be a real man, spend time lifting that iron and eating right, taking the right suppliments, and knowing that high-level bodybuilding is one of the toughest 'sports' there is? and knowing that you're that real man that can finish off that powder cause it's giving your muscles what they need? yeah? good.

PS, if you're not going to finish it, mail it to me :p

PPS, get chocolate next time ;)

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, who drinks vanilla anything anyways? Just push through it for now and get chocolate next time. Milk tasted better than water, so you'll just have to deal with it for now. You can always throw it into some vanilla cookies or something like that. Just try different things with it for now if you can't do anything about it.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mix it with chocolate milk. Yum.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought Optimum Vanilla Ice Cream whey. It tastes fine with milk.

I hear chocolate tastes like ****. Try Optimum Vanilla.

lemieux66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky

I hear chocolate tastes like ****. Try Optimum Vanilla.
Not true. I use Optimum Chocolate, and it tastes great with water and milk.

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk is superior to water when you're mixing it with whey...

1. it just tastes better
2. it increases the absorbtion rate of the whey protien
3. the protein in the milk will slowly be absorbed by your body for up to the next 7 hours...

if you're not liking the taste add some sugar... if you're bulking it will help give you extra calories too :)

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Word on the street is that Optimun makes the GNC whey. Kind of like how some storebrand stuff is made by the leading national brand.

GNC is expensive. Try to find those little vitamin shops or get some online. I get the Optimun chocolate and mix it with low fat chocolate milk. It taste so good it just has to be bad for me. :D

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use the same stuff - only 4 scoops a day mixed with water. You get used to the taste after a while... then it starts to actually taste pretty good. I'd try it with milk but I generally drink the mix along with eating a banana right after doing some pretty intense cardio or a workout - not a good idea to have milk with your body temp elevated. I threw up curdled milk once.

ThePeterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use PVL Whey Gourmet - Dark Chocolate Mousse flavour

ith water not so good but milk is great and a bit of chocolate milk or sugar even better.

Also using the blender is a better way to go than the shaker but still ok

hyd

Don Juan
Reaction score
from what I know there isn't any real difference in quality of whey so just buy the cheapest/best tasting

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ahhh, so how many scoopes shall i consume a day then ???

and i would like to ask about recipes and what exactley to eat for 5-6 meals a day ???

Reaction score
lol

first of all.. GNC sucks. Order at www.bodybuilding.com. :)

GNC=Get Nothing Cheap

Ok, on to business. It does'nt matter what it tastes like.

You know what's bad?? Tuna.. Mixed with milk in a blender. And drink it.. Lol.. That's bad.

Yours is'nt that bad, is it? Just man up and chug it down.

Next time, choose ON Whey 100%. All flavors are good. It's the best Whey protein for your money's worth. It's very reliable too. It's the only supplement I use now. :)

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No one who's been around a while shops at GNC unless there is no other option. its way over priced and theres nothing special about what they sell.

Check out dps nutrition

they have 5lb EAS whey for 22.95 - with shipping it'll be maybe $30. thats just an example. its a good site that has been around for a long time

heres a link to protein powders:

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_list.asp?dept=1230&last=1230

TheRisingSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't drink fruit juice, period. Way too much sugar. Look on the side panel. You might as well be drinking Coke. Milk (skim or lowfat) is good since it gives you extra protein. How much? That depends on your diet. How much protein are you getting without it? Shoot for your bodyweight in grams. That will tell you how much.