Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Giving women room to breathe might be one of the best things you can do

Febreze

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,

This is a subject which i am certain has been discussed before, but i still read about/ see in life men making the same mistakes over and over again of "smothering" women. This can be many different situations but here i wanted to talk more about the mistakes men make when they justmeet a woman or have only known her for a short time. You could call it the pre-dating phase when he might just have gotten her number a few days ago or they have only gone out once or twice. Too much attention can certainly and commonly happens in commited, long-term relationships but here i just want to talk about smothering in the early phases.

Do not give a girl too much attention. Its a basic concept, but time and time again i see men do this (i even see it written about on here). I would be kicking a dead horse if i told you guys that giving too much attention early was a bad idea, but im talking about it in a different way. I know a lot of guys who understand this concept, and at first, say, for the first date or two, they will back off. But often times, after the woman shows them favor or high interest, then the overbearingness begins in the form of texts, calls, and generally trying to be around her too much. This honestly might be the worst thing you could do to a woman short of rape. There are not many better ways to annoy a woman whilst lowering your value, coming off as possibly creepy and needy, and generally turning her off than too many texts, calls, or too much prescence. This is something that needs to be consistent, not just until you get her where you think you want her.

I personally believe one of the best things you can possibly to do increase your success with women is give your prospects more space. But it has to be in moderation. A lot of frustrated and sour guys will have the mindset of "well she doesnt want too much attention? FINE! she wont get any!" and too little attention is just as destructive as too much. As with everything else in life, theres a balance. And there is a certain balance to every partner. some women want more attention, some want a little less. And with a little patience, practice, and time with that person, you will know who youre dealing with.

As a straight man in the beauty industry for several years and working around literally 100 percent women, i can tell you that WITHOUT QUESTION what most of the single women complain about when meeting new men is clingyness.

Hope this helps. Ill be adding as much as i can. I have browsed these forums for quite sometime, and i really like you all as a group. I think i could do a lot of good here. The industry i work in which literally surrounds me with women and the fact i was fortunate with women most of my life i think puts me in a unique and good position to share valuble information. I will share as much as i can. dont be shy to PM me if you need help with anything, i will keep them all private:)

-Febreze.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good stuff man. I agree.

And I definitely give them a lot of space because that is EXACTLY what I want as well... I enjoy my personal time and space and love meeting girls that are the same. Its all in balance.

Very recently my friend hooked up with a girl that we see often due to a certain social peer group. She liked him and vice-versa. But he smothered ALL the attraction out of her. I saw it happening and tried to casually warn him. And naturally he lost her, he doesn't know why, and doesn't seem to want to learn why. But its all good... Maybe someday he will want to really listen. But for now he is my good friend who is completely clueless. :D