Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Give me tips please

Somedude_UK_31

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

There's a cute girl at work that walks by my desk a good 3-4 times weekly. We never talked, she's always walking by pretty quickly.

I have no issues with her being a co-worker, my company has more than 7000 people in the complex and there's no policy against dating at work.

Could someone please walk me through how to stop her and what to say? I just can't think of how to start. First step is how to stop her while she's walking by my desk without looking like she's passing through a checkpoint and I'm a guard :D

My goal is to eventually take her out to lunch.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
next time she walks past, say
"you dropped something!"
she turns and says "what?"
"my jaw"
*then start dribbling*
Hah! im joking! DO NOT try that!

do you know her name?
just say "hey HB! where are we going for lunch?" then offer a choice of 2 places...

either you get a lunch date, or you establish a low - no interest, and move on bro

roman81

Don Juan
Reaction score
Say hello, then look her in the eye and smile, ask her how she is.....

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roman's advice is pretty solid.

I would just strike up some casual conversation. You can talk about something work-related too. Ask her some questions. Lead the conversation. You know what the goal is.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roman81 said:
Say hello, then look her in the eye and smile, ask her how she is.....
1)establish eye contact
2)smile
3)speak

4)*if eye contact cannot be established, trip her up and teabag her while she cries:crackup: *

NB only do 4 if you want to get fired/ sued/ never have her talk to you

Somedude_UK_31

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never talked to her before. I will do as you recommended and say hi and introduce myself and say we should do lunch sometime.

I might be jumping ahead of myself but tell me this please. Assuming we go to lunch (I have a feeling we will), when and how do I ask for hanging out outside of work hours? like movies, dinner.
I'm mostly interested in WHEN. Do I mention during lunch? on another day?...etc.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Babysteps bro, get lunch first. After that, if you still approve of her arrange a date with her.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask her if she wants to be your gf.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say: "Excuse me, I'll have a coffee thanks. White with two", while holding out your coffee cup and a serious look on your face.

Shock and awe! Then put on your biggest smile and a twinkle in your eye. Tell her you're only joking and introduce yourself. Go from there.

The look on her face will be priceless and anything is better than just dryly introducing yourself.

Somedude_UK_31

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK I did it and we are gonna go have lunch together next week.

I have some questions please:
1. Do I keep the convo during lunch work related? (she works at a different department)
2. How and when to ask her out outside of work hours, maybe to the movies...etc.?

Thanks DJs

-Gripz-

Don Juan
Reaction score
Somedude_UK_31 said:
OK I did it and we are gonna go have lunch together next week.

I have some questions please:
1. Do I keep the convo during lunch work related? (she works at a different department)
2. How and when to ask her out outside of work hours, maybe to the movies...etc.?

Thanks DJs
Good work on getting her to go to lunch with you, but you're over analyzing things a little too much man. Just play it cool and lead the convo. It doesn't necessarily have to be work related. Also I think you should ask her out again as soon as you can, as they say strike when the iron is hot!

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Gripz- said:
Good work on getting her to go to lunch with you, but you're over analyzing things a little too much man. Just play it cool and lead the convo. It doesn't necessarily have to be work related. Also I think you should ask her out again as soon as you can, as they say strike when the iron is hot!
I would talk about anything that she likes talking about. Concerning work, I might ask whether she likes doing whatever she does at work. Getting her to tell you how she feels about stuff will bring you a long way. She will probably think you're a good listener too, if you ask those sorts of questions.

But I would just ask her whatever interests you about her. If you are curious about the department where she works you could ask a few questions about it, it all depends how she feels about her work. If she's excited about it you can ask a lot of questions, but if she finds it rather mundane then talk about something more interesting.

I would try and get her to open up on where she's from, where she lives, who she lives with. About her life basically. You can ask her about where she grew up, and her basic likes and dislikes.

Somedude_UK_31

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips but no one has answered my 2nd question:

Basically I wanna know do I mention it while we out for lunch or some other time? I hope one of you have had an experience with this!

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read here that you should never set up a second date while on the first date.

I'd just enjoy lunch, let her do most of the talking, then leave it a couple of days before asking her out for a drink. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a movie.
Do something active and fun where you can interact with her and escalate using kino.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bowling / crazy golf = good for kino.
a few days after your lunchdate, say
"hey hb, how do you fancy bowling/crazygolf on saturday?"
lazertag
paintball
rockclimbing
hiking
pony trekking
loads of places to go, just think of something YOU wanna do, that seems fun and invite her along

Kbomb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would start talking to her first, and not ask for lunch until you figure out if you really like her. You have to see if she measures up to you. this attitude should always be in play.

Somedude_UK_31

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome tips..I'm gonna do what GP and PF recommended.

One of you guys (GP of PF) gave me an advice in the past regarding a girl and how to put her into friends with benefits zone without commitment and it worked great, she acted exactly as you said she would (ignored me for a few days at first...etc but then came back and gave in just like you said) so I trust your wisdom.