give me a good voicemail suggestion for encouraging a call back

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
can someone give me a good c+f voicemail i can leave with a HB who's lost interest due to us not speaking since we met at a house party 2 weeks ago.

i texted her in between but she hasn't come forward with an answer to my text for a date this week so i assume i have 1 last shot with her.

i know the reason why interest is lost because it's been 2 weeks since we actually spoke so i'd need to get her on the phone to rebuild rapport and interest, knowing she probably might not answer and not call me back, i'll have to leave a voicemail. can someone give me a suggestion?

so far i got along the lines of 'hey it's pikachu, we haven't spoken since the party and i think we should talk a bit more and u can teach me how to fly'

(the last bit might not make sense but during the c+f stage of talking to her at the party my wing came over and said we were superheroes and we asked her what power she had, she said she wanted to be able to fly, should i make reference to anything like that to make her laugh?)

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
to be honest, that sounds kinda cheesy. shes going to think its weird that you even remember somehting like that because to be hoenst theres a good chance that she doesnt.

i think if she didnt repsond to your text, then you might be out of luck...

i hope im wrong though, good luck

Reaction score
Generally leaving messages are for wuss's but if you do, say something like, "hey, wassup...this is da da da, you know I would love to teach you how ta....well call me back and ill tell you..bye." or "hey, wassup...this is da da da, (make some cracking noises)." These will make her wonder. If they dont work, next her, if one does, well you have to make sure you know what to say when she calls back. Cant say no more, the game is to be sold not told.

pimpin

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain said:
Here's an idea. don't leave a message. Calling > texting > voicemail. Text.

so you would call and then leave a text if she doesnt answer?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
garruk said:
so you would call and then leave a text if she doesnt answer?
NO.

Just call. Avoid texting. Really.

Just call and leave a voicemail.

And damn, pikachu is back with the same questions all over again from like a month ago??? :mad:

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A Few Examples That Rock!!!!!!!!

VOICEMAIL GUIDELINES: here is some basic default settings when leaving a message that increases your odds of a callback.

1) TIMING: timing is essential. You do not want to call too late or too early in the day. Your goal is to talk to the person not a piece of technology. Most people work from 9-5pm M-F and eat dinner between 5-7 PM; 8:00 PM should work. Weekends and Holidays are a difficult time as most people are busy.

2) YOUR INITIAL IMPRESSION-how you made her feel in the initial number extraction, did u make her laugh, did she seem genuinely interested. The key here is to make yourself memorable so she will recall you when you talk to her, this also increases your odds. Hello, this is Jim from the Internet, my number is 555-1212, is NOT VERY INTERESTING.

3) IDENTIFY YOURSELF-start with her first name, then state your name, include your phone number at the beginning and lastly where you met.

4)) INCORPORATE-something from their profile, a cute little pet name/tease, anything humorous/silly. Remind her why she gave you her number in the first place. Capture her attention early on. Is this the Mary Poppins chic who is all talk. Sound effects also increase your call back ratio dramatically. U can also re-direct her to youtube, etc.

5) STATE YOUR PURPOSE-even though you got her voicemail your actions should proceed as if you are talking to her. Give her options and specify the day but leave the exact time/location details for a live conversation.

6) CONTACT # - be sure to leave a number where you can be reached at & the best time to call as this cuts down on phone tag. Speak slowly and clearly when leaving your number.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE EVERYTHING-once you leave a message, you cannot go back and change it. Make sure your message is concise, exudes confidence, and is to the point. Don't just wing it, have some idea of what you are going to say, smile when you speak, be cheerful, it puts you in the right frame of mind. You HAVE TO GIVE HER A REASON TO CALL YOU BACK, so make sure you have a plan.

Here is a few examples of how to influence your odds of getting a call back;

THE MISTAKE-this is where you leave THEIR number to call you back (assuming they have caller ID…..or leave an additional work number). She will call you back informing you that you left her number by mistake. You can also leave a partial message that sounds cut off right at the crucial moment.

TRIVIA QUESTION: you leave them with a cliff-hanger, trivia question, guess what I heard, etc so that they must call you back to hear the answer/punch-line/outcome.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST WON: again (keeping with the humorous theme) you want to stand out from the norm. Informing them they just won or asking where can you send the check. Call back for this time sensitive matter, etc.

FOLLOW UP CALL-some people leave one message and think their work is done, this is not realistic (see techno glitch). 100% of the women you do not call will not call you back. Call back a day or two later…still no answer THEN move on.

-Hey Cindy, its Jim, we met the other night at Home Depot. The reason I am calling is I am going out Wednesday night to grab a drink, meet me there at eight…and wear something cute. My number is 555-1212. Talk to you soon.

-Hey Michele........this is Jim, from Match.com, my number is 555-1212, I am not a bill collector, I am not trying to sell you aluminum siding, windows, vacation in Hawaii, I am sure your carpets are clean and you gave at the office. I was thinking of meeting for a drink this week, Thursday, or Friday, at Chuck-E Cheese which day works best for you.

-Hello, it’s me……..I am looking for my future ex-wife, are you screening your calls already? Well the reason I am calling is for our token first date, you know so we can see if there is any chemistry……..then we can head to Vegas, but I gotta see if you are beautiful on the inside as well first. I will call you at 7:30 later tonight, is first class ok.

-Oh my Gosh, Jules you will never guess who I had lunch with today………..hint he went to school with you in 3rd grade, call me back.

-Well I forgot to ask you something very important, this is Maurice, call me back at (insert her number) or at my work tomorrow at 555-1212. It has to do with your …………..click (hang up).

-Congratulations you just won a bazillion dollars for being the cutest girl on the Net, now U gotta call back so we can get the correct spelling of your name and we will quickly send your check out to you. This is a time sensitive offer and expires really really soon. To collect your 1 bazillion dollars call 555-1212…….your representative (your name) will be standing by.

-Hey Cheryl, this is your future ex-boyfriend…….It’s extremely UNIMPORTANT that you call back right away.

-Sexy Suzie, this is MJ…..first let me compliment you on how you tried hitting on me recently. That took a lot of guts, and is very unusual for a lady to do………fortunately for you I adore assertive women You got me mildly interested so call me back and we can talk about flirting 101.

Anytime you extract a number, they have the upper hand as they are fully aware you will be calling them Having them call you back restores the balance in power.

AND THERE ARE TIPS ON HOW TO PROCEED OR HOW TO SET UP YOUR OWN VOICEMAIL.........Its in my book.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
COD, your voicemail suggestions are awesome/hilarious. But for the original poster, things like this depend on your personality type. For instance, my humor is pretty dry/sarcastic...I'm a man of few words. So I don't put a whole lot of stock in one voicemail turning around your whole relationship. If the girl wasn't that interested in me to begin with, then a voicemail isn't going to raise that IL much higher.

My voicemails tend to be "Hey it's me. I'm calling about (blank)...call me back later."

Not sure you can encourage a call back thru some fancy message if her interest wasnt that high to begin with.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well timing is crutial, there are ways to counteract BUYERS REMORSE on the voicemail, text flirting is a little different than voicemail.

Best advice is to move on, aside from that you obviously allowed TOO MUCH time to pass. Only hope is face to face time..........but again this is slim.

Chalk it up to lesson learned (time lag) and move on...........but do try the examples just for fun.

Silence is a powerful tool, when U message someone and you don't get a reply it sometimes triggers some people to try harder and this is a mistake. Subtle persistance yes, but theres a fine line that many often tread on annoyance. There are times when people cant respond (car accident, lost phone, on vacation , new phone, held hostage, etc) Other times they are either fed up or have moved on........spend your time elseware.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
NO.

Just call. Avoid texting. Really.

Just call and leave a voicemail.

And damn, pikachu is back with the same questions all over again from like a month ago??? :mad:
kailex, for the most part i agree with you and i do think has affected the way modern society communicates.

but what is you justification for avoiding texting?

im not disagreeing at all and for the most part i agree with you ever since you told me the same thing, i was just wondering if you could offer a literal justification.