Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls with 1 word answeres are pissing me off!

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I'm getting really pissed with a few girls I know. I'm trying hard to get a convo going and they're being really stupid and answering with really bad answeres.
ex...
Me- How was your day?
Her - Ok
Me- What did you do today ?
Her - I went out.

WTF !!!! Common, i'm trying here and she's throwing shyt back at me.
Ok, i'm done. I just needed to vent.
Opinions on how to get her to talk?

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rule #1:

Avoid women who give you one word answers! They're not interested in you.

If you have to work to get a girl to talk, she is either not interested or boring, in which case you don't want her, no matter what she looks like! Find a way to walk away without dissing her too badly.

Interested2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just want to back up what bclarke said. He is correct. If the woman is giving very short answers and not engaging in the convo - she basically is not interested. Just politley move on.

KevM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think some of you guys give up WAY too easy, unless your goal is to lay quantities of women. The goal is not to get stuck up on any one girl. While working on a beauty who isn't immediately receptive, don't let that slow you down, but rather talk to other women, but put in work on her later.

Yeah, and its usually the good looking girls that do this crap too. They usually don't have that good of social skills or flex their tongue because they usually are given what they want WITHOUT a word based on their looks. Flash something she wants in her face and hint at giving it to her, but let her continually chase, and lets see if she starts talking more hehe. Don't give up THAT easy, but back up a bit and come at them a different way the next time.

Another theory I have come up with is that you have to more or less PERFORM in front of them instead of talk to them and ask them questions about themsevles. Rock stars or rappers seem larger than life because the only time you see them is when they are PERFORMING excellence, instead of talking and trying to impress the person by listening. These performers do their good job and GET out of there. If you see that the beautiful woman/s you are talking to already have too many 'listeners', be a performer, and impress her by DOING something like saying jokes, instead of telling her ABOUT your personality. Nobody wants to hear Chris Rock BRAG about how funny he is and how good he tells jokes... They want to LAUGH from hearing him PERFORM them.

These talk less people probably more or less experiencers (moving forward type) than reminiscers (recalling the good ol days) when they are talking with someone. They are attracted to the man who demonstrates quality in front of them, like a singer or whatever.

Beautiful women usually have men who look good around them all the time, and these good looking men usually ask them questions such as 'how are you' bla bla bla, so you will have to differentiate yourself by demonstrating excellence to her by being humorous or something and TAKING the spotlight away from her. Humor is a direct feeling injection of emotion and the focus is NOT on her, but on what you are saying. I think this is what a lot of beautiful women want. They want a man who DOESN'T put the focus or spotlight on them, because too many people already do. Not a guy who watches their every move, but a guy that does his thing which impreses her. They want a guy who they can just hang with instead of always having to sit back to an interrogation. I'm going to start experimenting on this. Instead of questioning her and asking her how she felt, bla bla bla, I'm going to focus more on my stories, humor, etc., and let her hear my latest funny joke or whatever, than questioning her.

After performing, cut it a little short and eject to leave her craving it, and seeing what comes next, kind of like how tv shows cut to commercial breaks at the dramatic moments.

KevM

Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh. Most of these girls aren't really thinkers when they come to you. It takes mental capacity to think and it probably hurts their head
Its a lot easier to listen to a cd than think about how it felt the first time she listened to a cd. Instead of giving her good feelings by asking her to recall old ones, create new scenarios where you are feeding her feelings instead of making her think of them herself. Only time to listen is when she is really feels she has something to share with you. Women of any kind are more likely to ask YOU questions when they are impressed with you. A lot of women would be dying to ask the backstreet boys questions because they do their thing, impress the ladies, and leave a lot of questions unanswered about their lives. This is an effort to make you the prize, and once she is interested, then it is time to resume the questioning. But another thing I kind of notice is that sexy women will pretty much open themselves up more if you set some boundaries for them with your personality. If you are always asking them questions and never telling them any experiences of your own, they won't know your boundaries as of what impresses you. Just like YOU probably don't know what to tell these women since they only answer in one word answers. You have to give them a reference of yourself so they know where to answer from.

Well, I'll have to think about this more...

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls that only give one word answers are so dull. You have drag words out of their mouths to talk. Hang out with chicks that are fun.

Good Luck,

Legend

snavy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont even bother with the girls your talking to. If they were totally interested in you, i guess they would want to iniciate a coversation with you, just what your out to achieve. They are either pissed off with you somehow or they just dont want to talk to you. Give you an example from a girl i have been friends with for over a year, she told me she liked me 2 months ago. I was already seeing a girl and i told her i was confused and didnt think we should get intamate, maybe in the near future. We went out with a few of our mates, i tried taking the arkwardness out of our friendship. I said to her, "so how are you", she said good, then i said "are you enjoying yourself?", she said "kind of". See what i mean, we were best friends till that incident and go on very well together, but if you do something to upset them, they usually dont want to talk to you.

dunno if it helps

Adonis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by syncmaster:
Ok, I'm getting really pissed with a few girls I know. I'm trying hard to get a convo going and they're being really stupid and answering with really bad answeres.
ex...
Me- How was your day?
Her - Ok
Her - I went out.

Hey, doing pretty good with the open-ended questions. It doesn't really matter if she answers with one-word responses. It's usually a clue that she's not interested.

But don't sweat it. You can corner these kind of girls by using words like: Elaborate, Describe, Explain, Clarify, Enlighten, Make Clear, and so on.

Example:

Describe what you do for fun.

Enlighten me on what you did today.

--But for the most part, if girls give you one word answers get outta there...

MrSassyPants

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No reason to get mad if she gives short answers... she's not interested.

If she held a long conversation with you, every guy complaining about being blown off would be whining about being "just friends"

She's doing you a favor blowing you off. She doesn't owe you anything. No Don Juan would care about a woman blowing him off. He'd be off to the next Juanita...

Ralfus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is something to try.

Say nothing.

Ask her your open ended question, and when she gives the one word answer, just keep looking at her with you eyebrows kind of raised, expecting more. Then when she she says some more, keep it up.

Example:

you: What did you do today ?
her: I went out.
you: nothing (do just as I said)
her: uh... went out with my friends.
you: nothing
her: uh.....we went to that....uh..bar on Main.
you: nothing
her: yeah... It was pretty crowded, so we went back to my place.

Now you can let her off the hook.

I have used this a number of times and it has worked for me about 75% of the time.

Just say nothing and keep looking at her as if you were expecting her to say more. It let's her know that convo is a 2 way street and you arn't going to put up with an unreponsive b!tch. Plus she will sing like a canary just to make that awful silence go away.

Like I said, it works pretty good for me. Just think of it this way. You know she doesn't want to talk, so she can either tell you to bug off. (with you know she has no interest, and who cares what she thinks of you, your not going to get with her any way!)Or she talks, and now you got something to go on. Look at the example I gave. You can talk about her friends, the bar on Main, crowds, her place. Now there is 4 things to talk about, when before you had nothing. And that's the whole point, right?

Good luck.

Ralfus

------------------
Ralfus' Home Page - Even if the counter only works once in awhile.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ex...
Me- How was your day?
Her - Ok
Her - I went out.

Nope...

------------------
"Please remember to use the "SEARCH" function in this Forum on the topic you have questions about before asking,
because it most likely has been answered already! Thank-You!"

hhsjason

Don Juan
Reaction score
well it looks like shes not interested but you could try some neg hitting when she starts the one word answers. for example when she says she just went out id say well i hope you didn't wear those shoes or i hope you did something diffrint with your hair or something lke that. If you can get her talking your in man

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe, wow, i didn't realize the number of replies I would get.
Thanks everyone.
The thing is, is that we have a bit of history. We're also friends, pretty close friends. There was one point where she was telling me inner personal secrets (the kind that you don't really want to hear). And admitied at one point that she wanted to go out with me. Lately, after she broke up, she's stopped talking ( she broke up a few months ago .... 4 i think). I figured at the time that I wasn't going to be the rebound guy and everything.
note - she was hitting on my when she has a bf.
So, I know she's partly interested in me... so it's not that. ( That's why i'm baffled, any other chick i would have dropped!)
Adonis, i was trying stuff like "elaborate". And she would reply, well, that's pretty much all i did. There isn't anything to talk about. Even though I know that idea works.
Ralfus, that sounds like a good idea, i haven't tried that yet. That would work great in public and on the phone, but not on chat
. And this girl keeps saying that she never uses the phone. ( I know she doesn't for real, because she doesn't even talk to her best friend)
hhsjason... neg hitting
I've tried it and she turns it around as an insult and I end up having to block her because of her *****ing.

KevM... wow, that was a really long post, I agree with what you said. Thanks

P.S.-to adonis and ralfus - Remember the girl I was telling you about that was having issues? The one that was rapped??? It's the same girl.
She's more stable now, and has gotten help.
I'm not all that interested in going out with her, i'd just like to get her to talk!
Thanks everyone!

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

KevM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I have tested the theory on a girl who has given me just one word answers. Instead of trying to analyze her life and crap, be lighthearted and joking instead of asking her questions all the time. Sometimes girls are up for the philosophical discussion, but a lot of the times, a good looking girl just wants to hear a good joke and kick back and relax. These girls usually are in relationships with guys who give them what she wants like materialistically. There are also other guys who she likes personality wise... So she is basically 'satisfied' with life, so she feels she has no real need to talk to you and you are a guy that is just 'bugging' her. So this is why I say performing is important.

Imagine this scenario. You are the king of the world and have tons of beautiful women by your side. Now one day from the depths of the shadows, a woman approaches who is not exactly the most eyecatching, and starts addressing you and questioning you. Would you feel you have a need to answer when you are already getting all the attention and goods you need? You probably would have her whisked away and done away with for not respecting your position. This is why you can't approach hot women because they think they are queens, as they already usually get all the attention they want, thus they feel they have no need to impress you with engaging conversation. The queen of a nation doesn't just invite anybody to talk to her. She invites those who have a skill in something she finds entertaining or necessary.

Instead of directly engaging her, you are demonstrating personality to her. She feels she has no need to talk to you initially because she already gets all the attention she could want. After you impress her a little bit by a card trick or a funny joke she should open up because you are setting yourself apart from the mindless drones that approach her.

Once you are engaged in the conversation, start talking about a subject she is interested in... If she looks good and crap then she probably knows about clothes, facial products, and all that good stuff. Most of these beautiful women are very sheltered and don't know about a lot of the different facets of life because somebody GIVES it to her. She needs her car fixed? Here comes Dopey who drops everything and comes to fix her car, so naturally she probably won't be able to talk about that. Thats why its a good thing to PROBE for her interests when initially talking to her so it gives you subjects to connect with her on.

Has a girl ever came up to you and started blabbing about something you could care less about? Maybe about what she did on her weekend or how she has a fly new weave in her hear. You are wishing she would shut the **** up. Now if came to you and started talking about hot, mindblowing sex, you probably would be loving the conversation. Thats why its important to talk about subjects that she is interested in so that you don't bore her and she is able to answer in more than one word.

Hmmm. There is one thing I know most beautiful girls love to talk about. That is how to LOOK good.

Adonis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
P.S.-to adonis and ralfus - Remember the girl I was telling you about that was having issues? The one that was rapped??? It's the same girl.
She's more stable now, and has gotten help.
I'm not all that interested in going out with her, i'd just like to get her to talk!
Thanks everyone!

Oh, mannnn... That one? Well, all I can say is you'll have a rough road ahead. I hope you have the time and patience to give, dealing with her. You'll have to restore her faith to the male species again brother and that's no easy task. Good Luck...

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KevM:
Well I have tested the theory on a girl who has given me just one word answers. Instead of trying to analyze her life and crap, be lighthearted and joking instead of asking her questions all the time. Sometimes girls are up for the philosophical discussion, but a lot of the times, a good looking girl just wants to hear a good joke and kick back and relax. These girls usually are in relationships with guys who give them what she wants like materialistically. There are also other guys who she likes personality wise... So she is basically 'satisfied' with life, so she feels she has no real need to talk to you and you are a guy that is just 'bugging' her. So this is why I say performing is important.

Imagine this scenario. You are the king of the world and have tons of beautiful women by your side. Now one day from the depths of the shadows, a woman approaches who is not exactly the most eyecatching, and starts addressing you and questioning you. Would you feel you have a need to answer when you are already getting all the attention and goods you need? You probably would have her whisked away and done away with for not respecting your position. This is why you can't approach hot women because they think they are queens, as they already usually get all the attention they want, thus they feel they have no need to impress you with engaging conversation. The queen of a nation doesn't just invite anybody to talk to her. She invites those who have a skill in something she finds entertaining or necessary.

Instead of directly engaging her, you are demonstrating personality to her. She feels she has no need to talk to you initially because she already gets all the attention she could want. After you impress her a little bit by a card trick or a funny joke she should open up because you are setting yourself apart from the mindless drones that approach her.

Once you are engaged in the conversation, start talking about a subject she is interested in... If she looks good and crap then she probably knows about clothes, facial products, and all that good stuff. Most of these beautiful women are very sheltered and don't know about a lot of the different facets of life because somebody GIVES it to her. She needs her car fixed? Here comes Dopey who drops everything and comes to fix her car, so naturally she probably won't be able to talk about that. Thats why its a good thing to PROBE for her interests when initially talking to her so it gives you subjects to connect with her on.

Has a girl ever came up to you and started blabbing about something you could care less about? Maybe about what she did on her weekend or how she has a fly new weave in her hear. You are wishing she would shut the **** up. Now if came to you and started talking about hot, mindblowing sex, you probably would be loving the conversation. Thats why its important to talk about subjects that she is interested in so that you don't bore her and she is able to answer in more than one word.

Hmmm. There is one thing I know most beautiful girls love to talk about. That is how to LOOK good.

Wow, thanks a lot KevM. I appreciate the info. But a lot of the times you don't have to show off for the girl. If you try and show off, you might come out as arrogant, etc. It would surely work in a few situations. But it's not my style to use it all the time. That is great information tho.
Thanks again.

- p. s. - adonis
I wouldn't date her or anything sexual because I think she's still too insecure, and I don't need more difficulties in my life right now. I don't think any of us do.
She's a great person and hot also. But I don't want to deal with her emotional probs.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

KevM

Don Juan
Reaction score
The tip is to do something that shows that you have a little different quality than the rest of the guys without appearing idiotic
. Oddly, a lot of hot women seem to love ****y guys, which they usually see as confident lol. Its best to use your natural skills and not do something stupid to 'try to impress' in front of her, but make it as if you do this skill all the time
Do something that she can attribute to part of your personality, not something where you act a dumb*** trying to be a Rambo just to impress her.

The girls that aren't originally receptive, you have to do something to open them up. Demonstrating variety or difference is just one way! Maybe after eventually talking to her long enough, she will start opening up, but that sounds like getting into the friend category waiting that long while.

One thing I want you guys to remember is that there is not only one way or the 'right' way to get to a goal! You can dig a hole with a shovel, or a spoon, or a tractor! Use the tool that fits the situation the best; the tool that you are most comfortable using and is effective!

bclarke675

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like both KevM's and Ralfus's suggestions, if you still want to pursue these gals. Ralfus is right, if you force silence, yet show attention, she'll be forced to continue answering....it's just too awkward otherwise. As for KevM's suggestion about perfoming, I do this as a normal part of my going out to clubs. I never just sit and drink...too boring. I like to go to karaoke bars or dance clubs, because I like to sing and dance. This is a great way to meet women of all kinds, and even if you're not interested in the ones who initially approach you, it will pique the interest of the good looking ladies! Give yourself enough time to make an impression, then go for it. The only down side is if the gal you've got your sights on leaves the club before you get a chance to make contact. Good luck!

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here is a part of the convo...
I tried the neg trick... it didn't work. I ended being blocked

---------

looking forward to your vacation? What are you going to be doing there?

stuffs...I dunno

elaborate on "stuffs"

well, I dunno what we're doing

... *looking at you, waiting for more*

what else can I say?

hmm, lots of stuf

stuff

like ... anything. talk about whatever you want

I duno

*still waiting*

You know, i think you need to improve your conversation skills.

good for you

alright then.... *still waiting*

I have nothing to say right now....perhaps if u started a conversation, i could continue it...

i've been trying but a convo requires input from 2 ppl.

I've been asking questions and trying to get a topic. but you keep on saying stuff like "not much" or "Nothing" or "stuffs"

u've been trying....trying to get me to say stuff that u know I know know cuz I told u...isn't a good start

then how about, since you're soo good. You start a convo?

I never said I was sooo good so quit doing what u always do....putting words into peoples' mouthes....jesus
--

And then i was blocked

I tried almost all of the stuff.
Damn, this girl is pissing me off.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

The Writer

Don Juan
Reaction score
No girl is required to hold up a conversation with you. Sometimes there just isn't anything to talk about. But if you come into the posession of something that she wants, she'll open up damn quick all of a sudden. The way to go about doing things is to figure out what the girl's looking for, then dangle it in front of her to draw her in and open her up. (whew... double entendre city there...) So that's the plan.

Another way of going about things is with actions, not words. Instead of talking to her, just mention that you're going for some coffee and that she's welcome to come along. If she says no, shrug your shoulders and split.