Girls giving advice on how to deal with an AFC. Interesting reading.

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know.. we might be better off giving advice from the guy's perspective. It could benefit us all in the long run.

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coin
You know.. we might be better off giving advice from the guy's perspective. It could benefit us all in the long run.
That's even better :) honesty and truth will never get you wrong.

What are we all looking for in the long run? to play people, to lie to people and to pretend to be something we aren't?

Or to be yourself be confident in yourself and to be honest and open withyourself and those around you? <- is wisdom.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
You mean like be some of the chicks who post here?

Hmmm... ok, you got a point... but don't you feel your inner misogynist coming through, like you've got this need to seek revenge from your AFC days?:cool:

In the long run, maybe it would be better on us if we slowly start to get some of these girls' heads out of their a$$es.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by chlywly
That's even better :) honesty and truth will never get you wrong.

What are we all looking for in the long run? to play people, to lie to people and to pretend to be something we aren't?

Or to be yourself be confident in yourself and to be honest and open withyourself and those around you? <- is wisdom.
What are we looking for?

TO GET LAID!

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
And so are they. Go read the "Sex and the City" post and see how many of them identify with Samantha.

Very few Charlottes on there. (of course, the nature of the board itself might attract Samanthas.)

As for revenge, lol... no, I am willing to forgive and forget. I'd rather we save some AFC guy the agony that we went through, and maybe a girl too (we rag on them all the time but it seems they have just as many problems as we do, but for different reasons).

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm. Good point.

But you're talking about advantage. That implies an adversarial setting... but for aggregate happiness, is that the best thing? How many relationships could be saved if the girl knew what was really bothering the guy, or vice versa?

I'm not convinced that relationships have to be adversarial. What happened to 50/50 and all that?

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coin
Hmm. Good point.

But you're talking about advantage. That implies an adversarial setting... but for aggregate happiness, is that the best thing? How many relationships could be saved if the girl knew what was really bothering the guy, or vice versa?

I'm not convinced that relationships have to be adversarial. What happened to 50/50 and all that?
Look, you are totally correct that things should be 50/50 and everything should be happy and joyful. I totally agree - when it's a major LTR or you're married.

However, the secrets of DJing isn't about an LTR or marriage, DJing is all about convincing the random HB girl you've been looking at to stop thinking you're a weird idiot and go out with you in the first place.

The first rule of DJing is that being honest and nice will get you shot down. If they start suspecting what we know, we're doomed. The more they stay stuck up bytches, the less they know what DJ skills are going to hit them. Yes, AFCs will still get hurt, but we were all AFCs once, and we all lived through those experiences. All's fair in love and war, and AFCs being hurt are just collateral damage.

I don't know what the statistics actually are, but in my life I've discovered that the hardest part of getting a girl to want to go out with you is in the first 30 days: from the time of the first meeting, to securing the phone number, to about the first two to three weeks of dating. Those 30 days are 90% of the trouble, and that where we need the DJ advantage!