Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girls didn't used to be able to do "no contact"

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about it. Before cell phones came into vogue 10 years ago, people answered the phone whenever it rang. So if you call the girl's house, she picks up and actually has to talk to the guy. None of this cold-shoulder crap.

Echoes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
Think about it. Before cell phones came into vogue 10 years ago, people answered the phone whenever it rang. So if you call the girl's house, she picks up and actually has to talk to the guy. None of this cold-shoulder crap.
Guys can do the same thing these days. I do it all the time if I don't recognize the number, or even if I do sometimes I just don't feel like talking on the phone. It's not just the ladies.

49au

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh? Why are you worried about calling a girl that doesn't want to talk to you anyway?

Fred_Scuttle

Don Juan
Reaction score
That is Very true. That is why back then getting a number actually meant something. The girl wanted to actually talk or date you then. She didn't hand out her number to every guy then string them along. You actually had to talk and set up dates with her unlike now. Guys were better with women back then. Even average joe's could get nice looking girls then unlike now. It is the new technology age with high advanced cellphones, cable tv, the media, the internet that ruined people that made the weak and focus too much on self approval, fashion, and looks. Go back 30 years or more and you would see a huge difference in women and men.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 years from now it will be different than it is now. She starts ignoring your mindtaps on the hive mind telepathic network and shields her thoughts. LOL. The game always changes, roll with the punches.

Sparky

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree - technology "sheeple".

It was VERY different I remember 15 or 20 years ago when I was dating. I hate it now. People (not just girls) always have their phone switched off (yes I'm THAT popular lol), and when you do get to talk to them on their mobile phone, the reception is often so bad, I waste half hours out of my life trying to understand what the hell they're saying.

As for text - talk about empowering and encouraging the weak.

Now these technologies have a place, but as we notice with all technology nowadays masquerading behind the mask of improving social relations, it does anything but.
People sending each other important messages over Facebook, what the hell is that?

Call me old fashioned but I love landlines, they don't suddenly run out and they are clear.

By the way, I work in I.T. so I'm not a technophobe. I just object to the fact that other people seem to be technophiles.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, people used to have answering machines.

It was very common to have the machine answer the call and not pick up till you know who the caller is.

Unless you are talking about way back before those came out.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
30 years from now it will be different than it is now. She starts ignoring your mindtaps on the hive mind telepathic network and shields her thoughts. LOL. The game always changes, roll with the punches.
This. Too much crying, not enough solutions.

@Don - Think you misread bruh, the topic is about women using NC not the effect it has when males use it.

bilboteabaggins

Don Juan
Reaction score
try this one on:

social setting, girl wants to talk to me, but won't come over, instead she sits across the room and keeps trying to text me and actually asked me out via text....WTF?????...I didn't want her anyways but this shocked the hell out of me

20ish HB's won't even answer the damn phone, they want nothing but text

jafyk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, what is the solution then? How do we adapt to these unpleasant changes. The part that gets me is they say don't call a girl too much she will miss you bla bla and wonder why bla...yet when u do it (go no contact) most of the time the relationship just dies. I'm sorta frustrated by this recently. Talking to girls and getting their numbers is not a problem it's just keeping them hooked. Yes, I have plates but they are not spinning and I have my interests as well. The girls will call sometimes but it's hard getting them to make plans.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jafyk said:
The part that gets me is they say don't call a girl too much she will miss you bla bla and wonder why bla...yet when u do it (go no contact) most of the time the relationship just dies..
2 reasons

1) dudes get lower-contact and no-contact mixed up, the idea isn't to just disappear! dudes think if they go no-contact the girl will be all "oh noes he's gone now i realized how wonderful he is i love him"...um, lols. just reduce the contact a little is all, not this overly dramatic no-contact stuff - dudes like to swing from the extreme of overcontact to the other extreme of no-contact. its all over this board!

2) then they act kind of disinterested if the girl does contact as tho the girl is going to go "oh noes he was kind of short with me i must really work hard to keep him why didnt i realize oh noes"...again, lols to this. should make it that they are glad when they contact! reducing contact AND then being weird when they do contact is not a good look

the whole point isn't to go radio silence and then be weird if they contact! so histrionic! the point is to shift things a little so its them contacting a bit more than you, thats all! if they're contacting you, and then its good when they contact you....isn't that the aim? being weird with them i don't think looks so good

just a little less interaction...but better interaction