Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend's first birthday since we've been together...what to get her?

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We've been in an LTR for about 5 months. Things are going great, she's a fun chick with potential.

Her birthday is coming up soon and I'm trying to figure out what to get, how much to spend, what to do on the day of (aside from ball the hell out of her), etc.

Birthdays are a fine line to me because you don't want to f*ck them up, but at the same time you don't want to splurge and go overboard and do too much too soon. Anyone know the best way to walk that line?

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My best advice is go by her interests and whatnot. Does she collect anything? Have a favorite sport, or restaurant? If you're unsure a card and maybe a gift certificate would be nice. I say that tentatively since a lot of people here think women are gold diggers, but hey it's her birthday! It really is best to demonstrate that you've gotten to know her, though. Gift certificates aren't very personal, ya know?

Even consider making her something? An ex boyfriend of mine went to the Build-A-Bear workshop and made me a PIG! (I love pigs and hate teddy bears... so it was cool that he remembered that)! Maybe if she's into art make her something, or if she likes music maybe a mixed CD of her favorite songs?

Hope all goes well, and don't stress too much! Hope all goes well! :)

Swashbuckler

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, Don't make a spectacle out of it. Great 5 months, glad to see you happy, but 5 months ain't that long.

Birthdays are great because if you're smart, you can get some good sex without much effort.

I'll assume you know her favorite food. Invite her over to your place and make it for her. Then keep the table where you're eating low light, preferably candles and push the talk to sexual things. Then have some good ass sex.

What does she want, you may ask?
For you to make her feel special on her day. What is more special than her favorite meal and sex.

As for a present, it doesn't have to be anything, BUT it needs to be something you put thought into. If she can go to Best Buy and buy it, it's the wrong present.

Case closed. Don't put anymore thought into it.

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pLaYtHiNg said:
If you're unsure a card and maybe a gift certificate would be nice.
Yeah the card is the other thing I'm wondering about. Is it really necessary? If so what do you write? I'm not dropping the L-bomb, I'm not getting anything that's all that sentimental, so....comedy?

Cinamon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaxon, remember one thing, this is her first birthday with you. If you do something truly grand, she will expect it year in year out. Make an effort, but dont over do it, or you will never be able to compete with it again in future.

what could be good is a rerun of your first date... providing it was romantic. Something themed around how you met.

pLaYtHiNg

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ This. :D

As for the card, I would think it's more expected than anything else... yes, go for something funny, girls like that... and well, if it's not sentimental enough for her she'll reveal her true colors in due time.

Just write something generic (if you're not good with words...) "I hope you have a wonderful birthday, yours truly, (insert your name here)"... maybe something a little more personal than that if you can muster it!

Above all, have a good time! I wish you the best!! :)

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Do you have $2 dollar shops where you are? They are all over the place here in NZ. I once bought a girl a ceramic dolphin - ok it cost me $5 rather than $2 - but she was into sealife, and she loved it. So did my wallet.

And hey, what the hell are you doing using the acronym LTR after only five months?

Samedi

Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be anything heavy, you can take the p!ss if she's not one for getting offended. My gf and i had only being going out just under a month before Valetine's Day. She was talking like she wanted some proper romantic sh!t, a card, flowers, chocs etc. What did i get her? Nothing but a box of matches to light her scented things in her room. She was probably thinking what an inconsiderate git i was for not even buying her a card. Yet we laugh about it now.

The point is, don't put yourself under pressure. And who says you have to give them a gift on their birthday? Give her a toy fire extinguiser, she'll be like wtf?! You say cause she's that old now, she'll need all the help to put the candles out on her cake. Or pretend you forgot her bday and get her nothing, and the next day suprise her with something. Mix it up some, be creative. Don't spend loads of money though, you can do many things on a budget. Just have fun together i guess. Good luck!

Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good advice above. It'll come to you, just hit the shops/ net for some ideas. I'd certainly get her a card, maybe get a small gift. Go out/ do something memorable.