Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend went Clubbing

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:
I'm mentally withdrawing from the relationship for at least a few days. If she calls me or texts me on Monday or Tuesday i'll ignore it.
If she senses you're doing this because she hurt your feelings it won't matter.

I think this battle is over because you're clearly a lot more invested in this and it seems extremely hard for you to behave otherwise, it is for most men who latch on to one woman. If you're in this position it takes a good deal of mental strength to override your natural feelings, which we tend to wear on our sleeves.

Again, if she interprets your behavior as you being butthurt, this will not work. You probably need to walk away, clear your head and look for new prospects.

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
Low interest woman starting to fade. Find better. Good girlfriends don't go to clubs for other men.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl knew how I felt about that and went anyway, Id likely dump her.

Its one thing to go to the bar with your friends and catch up. Ive been to the bar with the girl Im seeing and some mutual friends. Likewise we have both gone to bars with our own friends without one another.

Its a totally different thing to go out clubbing without your partner. We know what clubs are for. They are a single person's meet market. What's stopping her from going to the local pub, having a drink, and dancing a few songs with her friends or with you?

Top Of The Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You bored her to death so now she is out looking for fun.
2. Never let your female get bored in the relationships
3. She should of been going to the clubs with her man not a bunch of ho's looking for trouble.
4. This is an affront and assault you your manhood.
5. Be ready to replace her! Its only a matter of time before some other stud is smashing her anyways. This is how it starts. YOU got boring so she is looking for FUN. Lesson learned. Next ho don't get boring bro.

6. P.S. Don't fall for that weak man bull**** that you should be able to let your woman out of the house to do activities like this. No man of strength allows his female crap like that and nor does his woman WANT to do something like that.

JohnnyStorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Serious overthinking going on here.

For me, I'd think the issues would be, "What is her friend like?"
If her friend is a slvt or is single and ready to mingle then them just going out the two of them is going to put your gf in situations where she's going to be approached by loads of guys etc etc.
Does her friend know you and respect your relationship?

The fact that's she's gone out clubbing once isn't a red flag. If she wants to go all the time and you aren't into that scene, then it's something to think about.
If things are otherwise going alright in your relationship, then you don't need to make a big deal about this.

yoyoing

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol lots of diverging opinion there .
I think you are overthinking .... It happened once.

Next time you tell her to **** that clubbing ****.
Like George bush said ''fool me once shame on you .... euhhh ... Don't fool me again. ''

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went for a few drinks with her last night & basically said "look if you want to go clubbing then go.

GF : Yeah, but if I did it every week, you wouldn't like it.

Rainman : I would'nt like it, but I cannot stop you from doing anything. Look if you want to go clubbing, then go.

GF : Go, but you would think I'm not respecting the relationship.

Rainman : Look, if you want to go, then go.

GF : .........so it's not an issue anymore.

Rainman : No.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Mega fvck up man. She was begging you to be a man and put an end to it.
To be honest, I think that she thinks she should be allowed to go out drinking & dancing with her friend & when I spoke of my disapproval she thought I was insecure & jealous.

I think it's best to allow her to go out. Likely she will go out once a month.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:
To be honest, I think that she thinks she should be allowed to go out drinking & dancing with her friend & when I spoke of my disapproval she thought I was insecure & jealous.

I think it's best to allow her to go out. Likely she will go out once a month.
Do you trust her and her friend? I had a questionable gf go clubbing to some sketchy club filled with thugs with her so called friend that I didn't like at all. She was sick of being third wheel to clubs with us because she preferred getting booty called at 5am by random black guys. It honestly depends on the club, but I didn't trust the one she was going to with her friend. Me and my friend went there that night and lets just say I dumped her that night too lol.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smh OP. You'll learn soon enough.

Personally I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who would do something they know bothers me like this. And I wouldn't be clubbing often while in a relationship. And especially not if I knew it'd bother my lady.

Empathy is a necessary trait when I seek a girlfriend.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:
Went for a few drinks with her last night & basically said "look if you want to go clubbing then go.

Rainman : I would'nt like it, but I cannot stop you from doing anything. Look if you want to go clubbing, then go.

wHAT DA FVCK????

LMAO...

You made her understand that anytime she wants to do something you dont like she is allowed to do it anyway...great way to earn her disrespect.

SHe actually wanted you to set some boundaries and be dominant, so you should have told her:
you: yeah, I dont like it and find it disrespectful
her: well, but if I go just once a month or so?
you: right, but that's enough dont you think?
her: alright. Luv u.

the_stig

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

Translation in her mind: "I don't have a spine and you can act without consequence".

These "my girlfriend went clubbing" type threads pop up on occasion. Fact is you can't cage a young girl, and if you try to stop her from having fun, she'll eventually resent you for it and cheat anyways.

Club rats and bar flies are fine to date casually, just enjoy the sex all while keeping your eyes peeled for someone LTR worthy. I've found that girls who gravitate to the club scene are usually the broken home, wrong side of the tracks, attention hungry bad news types.

Much easier just to find someone who doesn't need to spend the night being hit on by drunk horny guys for her "entertainment" versus the losing battle of trying to fix a hoe.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

Jesus Christ.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

Cringe material!

So you basically gave her your balls to put them in her purse. lol!

some people don't accept the help no matter what.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

I don't think it would be possible to be a weaker man than this in the scenario, except maybe if you also did something surreal like go on your knees and beg her to please not hurt you...

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, basically the way I see it is, she knows I don't like her going clubbing. Meh. Whatever. We'll see what happens.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

Awww man flip flopping on your boundaries is not good. I'd say this relationship is officially over even if you don't know it yet.

This girl is not ready for a relationship with anyone right now. Wanting to go out in Princess Zara bikinis!!! Holy fvck dude. I would've laid it on the line right there. Not mad. Not jealous. Just calm and cool. "If that's the kind of stuff you want to do this isn't going to work out for us." That's all you have to say.

Same thing with the clubbing. Relationships and clubbing don't mix. Duh. She's not stupid, you're not stupid. The writing is on the wall with a girlfriend who wants to go clubbing.

I would've said "People who are interested in relationships aren't interested in clubbing and vice versa. If that's what you wanna do....cool."

After that you let her go do what she's going to do.

A lot of guys make a BIG mistake when they set boundaries. They do it like they are laying down some law like a dictator. This is wrong. It comes off as jealous, weak and controlling.

You can't control her. She's going to do what she wants to do eventually regardless of what "rules" you lay down on her. It's your job to let her know what it's going to take to be with you. It's HER choice to live within those boundaries. You can't force it.

In fact you should encourage her to break your boundaries AFTER you make it clear what those boundaries are. YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT. A lot of guys really struggle with this advice when I give it to them.

In the early stages of a relationship when boundaries are being set women will really press to see what they can get away with and determine what kind of "man" you are. They will sh!t test you mercilessly and most guys can't take it and fail. You need to flip that script and deliver a sh!t test of your own and let her know you aren't fvcking around.

If you are giving up being single and fvcking other women then it's her job to conform to your boundaries. If not you need her to know that you are MORE THAN HAPPY to kick her to the curb and you can't wait to fvck other chicks.

So when you calmly tell her that you aren't down with her going clubbing or talking to her ex or flirting with other dudes, etc. You follow that up with "If that's what you want to do you should do it." Encourage her to do exactly what you just told her wouldn't fly with you.

The reason this works is you are sending two very clear messages:

1. You want the relationship to work. Hence letting her know what your boundaries are.

2. You are unimpressed with her behaviour and the fact that you have to set these boundaries is a huge red flag to you. You are happily willing to end it right now.

By encouraging her to do what you just told her not to do is basically saying "If you're going to fvck me around, I can't wait to dump you. Don't waste my fvcking time b!tch."

In your case Rainman, salvaging this situation is going to be tough or impossible. You need to start checking out of this relationship mentally and emotionally immediately. Your girl is looking for attention from other men and that is low interest behaviour and probably not even worth your time anyway.

If you do keep her around to see how things play out you need to start thinking and acting more like a single guy. That's what she's doing. Don't be a chump.

Good luck.

Between_The_Lines

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

She wants the best of both worlds, and you communicated to her that you're willing to accept her doing so. This girls knows that you're not genuinely cool with her going clubbing, she understands that your true position on this matter is one of disapproval, and does she seize the initiative to reduce the damage she has caused the relationship by putting a lid on it? Of course not. You played the indifferent card way too late in the game and at a time when it will only further ruin your odds of salvaging the relationship. Frame of the relationship has now been heavily tilted in her favor.

The new frame will look a little something like this: "either you put up with my clubbing, or I end it"

Newby 15

Banned
Reaction score
Rainman4707 said:

She just used a power play manipulation move on you bro. Notice how she said 'every week'. Dude, she wants to go out every week clubbing. You gave her the green light to do whatever she wants and now you can't say anything about it. She also played you as the 'bad guy' for thinking she is not respecting you. Badly played by you all around in this situation. The only recourse you have now is to dump her before she cheats on you.